Please nerf the guardian druid mage tower

I did. I got my book wearing m+ and raid gear.
The ones I did:

Guardian
Ret
Holy (pally)
Afflock
Elemental
Beast Mastery
Frost DK

All without any special consideration to gear. The Ret and DK ones I did in tank gear. They are all 100% mechanics checks.

Just keep at it OP. Guardian is one of the harder ones. But I believe in you.

1 Like

(gasp) It’s not that kind of skin!

1 Like

That’s the thing though. It isn’t about effort. It’s about meeting a challenge.

A lucky proc won’t take 10% off the boss, you got to 5% by yourself! This challenge is really hard and yes, frustrating, but it’s supposed to be. A challenge mode isn’t a challenge if you can just hit a pull cap and get the reward. With all enchants, gear and consumables the bear dps should be more than enough to kill him. I got him down before the 4th annihilate with 2 shield trinkets. Moonkin weaving and high up time are massive in this fight. Don’t be afraid to be aggressive with your orb use in phase 2 either. I watched a kill where the guy used all his orbs right before the 2nd annihilate and it looked super clean.
You got this!

1 Like

That one is tricky. My best advice is just chipping away with frost orb, Blizzard and Ice Lance on Raesh, focus 100 percent on mechanics, hands and runes and frost bolt when soaking runes.

If you try hard casting/focusing on burning boss you just get punished when you don’t notice the rune or hand.

Got both the weapon and the set. But I like my blue set with the base weapon better.

1 Like

Yea I had heaps of wipes trying to min max the orbs too much in p1 and 2. In the end I didn’t even use them all i think.

same, I had an orb up completely forgotten on my kill

Like other have said, I used all my orbs to extend the third annihilate, which is not fatal. Be aggressive.

this is impossable.

Considering it scales down, what gear are you talking about that would be better? Legion legendaries that don’t work? Niche items used to cheese the encounters? Please explain. It’s currently harder than it was when it was current content.

I don’t mind a challenge. Every time there has been a baffling WoW encounter, it was simply a matter of discovering the trick, the timing, the whatever “key” it took to undo the lock. Loved Torghast when it first came out. Running as Resto made me a better player because I had to use my entire array of abilities to get it done. CC, interrupt, pop and heal, defensive cds…challenging, but fun.

The current Guardian druid MT encounter is not that.

The first boss is the best example. On a “tanking” challenge, the first boss (50k hp) is completely surrounded by Aura of Decay that drops your hp pool 10% per stack. If I want to keep any health pool of my own, that is telling me that I’m supposed to stay out of melee range of that boss. Fine. I can keep moonfire up and thrash/mangle when I go in for a dl interrupt. But that is going to take some time to burn through 50k health. Meanwhile, there are waves of pesky adds to deal with. The mechanics are telling me to go ranged dps, but when do I ever go Boom when tanking any other content?

I could overlook all that, but the encounter is overtuned, for sure. Tuning down player gear is fine to find some baseline. But even with full Mythic ToS gear the adds have too much health for how quickly they spawn. That is telling me the required dps is dependent on some quirky trinket or special gear. How is that a skill check?

Kiting, taunting, spot on interrupting, perfect use of defensive cd’s and decent dps. THAT is a tanking challenge. A dps race? Nope.