Please nerf arms and dh (again)

Honestly the ONLY change warrior needs is charge should NOT have a minimum range. Stop letting bad players auto react to you gaining ground. Let every idiot that macro’d it behind every attack waste it when you’re in melee range.

May want to add Boomy as well.

To be honest the whole thing is way over the top.

I can list all your abilities too. Doesn’t make me right. Try again.

These lame insults only serve to show you have no real argument.

Why not just say, my bad. You got it wrong. That’s all.

There was no argument to begin with. What color of crayon is your favorite flavor?

Yellow!

10char

1 Like

Among the sea of poor design decisions, I honestly think the mobility arms race is one of the worst. We can all acknowledge that hunter defensives are lackluster, and a fundamental part of their defensive toolkit is kiting. The issue with the mobility arms race, specifically for hunter, is that kiting ranges from easy to nearly impossible depending on the matchup (e.g. Ret/Warr and their 110% uptime).

Arms has evolved in this race to an incredibly durable, borderline un-kitable, absolute monster of a damage dealer that is equipped with the nastiest MS effect in Sharpen Blade. Multiple charges, heroic leap, ranged and melee slows, utility, defensives, and micro-cc out the wazoo - it is no wonder they are feeling so strong. I don’t think they are necessarily overpowered when you compare them to every other class in the game (looking at Rogue specifically with its 45 different “get out of jail free” cards), but against hunter - the kits are just not from the same decade. Arms is a spec that is insane in the right hands, but easily countered in the wrong ones. That’s a good thing.

I don’t think the answer here is in heavy-handed warrior nerfs. I think the answer is in a measured reduction in tools in the toolbox: instead of 2 charges of bladestorm, it should be one. Instead of shockwave and stormbolt, it should be either or. Instead of 2 charges of intervene with a 20% wall baked in, it should be either or. Root on charge or double time, that type of thing. There’s just too much of having-the-cake-and-eating-it-too going on, and that isn’t just a warrior thing.

…and for the love of all that is holy, give hunter a little refresher to pull it out of the Cataclysm design era. Glimpse maybe? Give us that in our disengage. Passive slow effectiveness reduction. Being able to use wall in a stun. Make pack baseline 1 min cd. PvP talent to allow us to turtle in a stun but make it so we can’t move/perform actions. Just spitballing ideas here… Get creative, do something.

4 Likes

“I like the yellow ones…”

Stargate SG-1. I love you now.

Survival does feel pretty bad in solo queue right now. And AoE is chunking my pet for insane amounts of damage as well

Yea. :frowning:

DH and even DK opener will drop the pet if you don’t stay on top of healing. Even with healing, DH AOE can still kill it. Frustrating to burn exhil so early in a match.

SV is really hurting with all the changes to CC and the healer trinket. Do all that work to a trap in some cases, only for it to be instantly removed. Need to make intim 4-5s. Remove the penalty for taking diamond ice. If you have to burn a talent to take it, it shouldn’t reduce the duration. Or, better yet, buff trap back to 8s or even 7, at least for SV.

more like nerf dh again and dk. dk does almost as much damage as dh but feels like its flying under the radar

It does, but it’s slower. DH has so much front loaded damage. It’s insane. Even after the nerf they are still pushing 200k+ dps on the opener, if not higher. Everything is dead on smaller maps. DK also doesn’t have the same kill potential. DH can still hit for 250k+ on the hunt with 100-150k+ essence break. 40-50% of your health in a second.

1 Like

The worst is when you combine them and face DH/DK. No hope of ever getting away while facing two specs that do so much damage the entire game. I get gripped in as a healer and everyone’s dead instantly. It’s such a joke

1 Like

Yea, the interaction DH has with some specs is pretty unreal. It’s hard to know what to even trinket.

I hate that you have no opportunity to create counter pressure in many cases. DH just pops blur and keeps going. Or Meta and heal through leech… or darkness. All ways to keep going and get 100% out of your offensive cds.

Not defending DH, but we heal for % damage done. Right now we do insane damage and even with that high amount of damage look at healing meters after matches and they will be bottom unless you pump into darkness.

It’s more about building counter pressure off the opener. While the healing isn’t great outside of cds, it’s hard to gain any momentum until the DH has exhausted their go. Combine that with blur and darkness and the DH is just unkillable for the first minute or so.

Now, if the meta was different and there were more ranged, I’m sure this would be a bit different. In the heavy melee meta, DH can really pump off all that cleave.

idk why everyone pretends uhdk isn’t better than both of them rn

1 Like

Cause DH has all the hate right now, but yeah UHDK is nuts, Demo is up there, BM, rogues in 3s are also good. All eyes on DH.

1 Like

It’s because of stuff like this.

Imgur

Everyone is dead. It’s not that other stuff needs attention (like arms, sub, dk, etc.), but it’s that without much effort, you can do a massive amount of damage. I wasn’t even the target and I was only in range for a moment. Everyone is just dying.

It’s a pretty incredible amount of damage. If they could take that damage and just… average it out a bit more. Something.

Its sad how easily all this could be fixed. 1 melee, 1 ranged/caster, 1 healer on each team in shuffle. No more stacked classes, game fixed. done. Been saying this since the day SS went live. The oppressiveness of melee and casters are truly only a problem when stacked. Blizzard is incredibly lazy.

1 Like