Please nerf arms and dh (again)

Brother, everyone knows you’ll be the first to meltdown the moment they nerf Arms.

3 Likes

It’s not pad always though.

That healing makes it harder to swap to warriors. Just look at the example I gave above. I have almost no passive healing and the AOE alone is killing me. In a lot of games, that allows arms to stay in the fight and stay relatively topped. All that healing adds up overtime.

I dont even play the spec

What did you swap to?

Fury for rewards, prot to torture people

You’re not entirely wrong. Honestly everyone would be happier of the cringe double bladestorm stuff got nerfed. No one is happy with it, not warriors, no people fighting warriors.

1 Like

Yea. I’d be fine with it if you could… disarm it. Or someway to counter it, though that really wouldn’t change much given how warriors are using bladestorm to get out of roots. The complete immunity to CC during bladestorm really makes it overkill. No way to get away and no way to stop the damage.

Just feels like warrior is completely unpeelable now. I hate it. It legitimately makes the game unfun to not be able to make space against an arms warrior. They could give hunter double disengage and arms would still be able to stick on them.

That said, SV has some serious issues with its design.

Demon Hunter DPS is insane, they can tear through lobbies that much is true. Their self healing/ sustain is still pretty crazy. But— I AT LEAST feel like I can stop them with roots and snares sometimes.

Warriors on the other hand for me are actually the most dreadful class to go against on caster. Why does it seem like they have a button to press for literally every single occasion that they face in the match?

Warriors get out of every root, every snare, reflect CC. They have tons of gap closing abilities. They have massive DPS. They have Ignore Pain for some reason doing massive absorb?? They can stun you, and they have an MS while they chop you to pieces with their instant globals. Why is Stormbolt a 20 yard range on a class with 50 gap closers??? Probably much more I’m forgetting.

All I know is, playing against these loons ON TOP of Unholy Death Knights ripping me around the map with Death Grip and Grabby Hands while they also never die, I don’t even want to queue. This is just another reason why every solo-shuffle lobby is mostly a melee dominated PvE ZUG fest.

1 Like

Were you asking for nerfs to MM in s2 ?

I dont think so…

What I find amusing is that some players of certain classes that are certainly at a high level compared to others, are asking for another class to be nerfed.

Classes like warriors, rets, locks, boomies, elementals among others asking to nerf another class is hilarious to say the least…

1 Like

I’ve been playing a lot of warr recently as an alt so definitely a bit of bias. I agree warr nearly 100% uptime is pretty toxic for the game, but it’s just a result of overall game design and the mobility arms race between melee and casters.

Warrs have high uptime vs single casters for the most part, but make it 2 casters and you’re waddling around the arena all game until you die.

I mean they could remove a charge of Charge (lol), but I think that would make warriors so bad outside of anything except all melee lobbies. You basically have to have high mobility and self sustain to compete in modern arenas.

For sure, but than you’re basically sorting specs into two categories. Either you have all the mobility, like mages, or you’re sturdy like a lock or ele.

In the past, when warriors could almost never make contact with a ranged outside of having freedom, that was an awful design as well. I think we just need to look at where bladestorm is at… OR just look at warrior healing/defensives. Let them keep the damage and mobility, but make them a better target for melee outside of rogues.

I’m open to anything. I hate to view this game through the eyes of a SV hunter too often. This spec badly needs a rework. When I have to burn through 5 defensives in the first 20 seconds of a match, something is wrong. RoS, SotF, and exhilaration are just useless.

How much is the arms warrior healing his teammates for?
Why are hybrids supposed to have the most self healing?
If hybrids having high healing in their DPS specs makes sense, then why should a class who has a tank spec not also have that reflected in its’ DPS spec kit?

1 Like

Not sure why this is a question. How much are hybrids healing their team for?

Because for most of them, it’s a key part of their survival. This has been countered by specs with MS. Why does a warrior get both MS and healing? Makes no sense.

They do. Why are warriors getting both?

1 Like

Hmm I mean warr is really strong right now. But I just don’t think it’s as busted as people say. Think it’s well designed with a strong kit and still has it’s counters. DH/Rogues/Rets/DKs are all equally as good if not better currently.

You could nerf the healing/defensives but honestly from my minimal experience playing Arms this season I’m the kill target almost every game unless there is a squishier caster on my team. Ignore Pain on cd when taking damage, D Stance burst cds, Parry cds, reflecting/kicking wizard burst, stunning/peeling goes - I still often just die through.

It’s just the recent damage buffs Arms got. Nerf that and they’re back to being B tier again and people won’t be complaining about their mobility and survivability. But imo I think they’re in an ok spot.

Maybe you’ll be happier and complain on the forums less if you weren’t playing SV in a MM/BM meta lol.

1 Like

More than warriors do, that’s for certain.

Warriors need to be nerfed a bit, but the self healing really is not the issue.

Hunter survivability needs to be buffed and their damage needs to be tuned around not being glass cannons with 0 self sustain.

Warriors are the definition of power creep in this game right now. They have a tool for literally everything.

2 Likes

More than warriors. And it’s a question because you’re suggesting that hybrids should do more healing because a defining part of the class is healing other players, which they can do and warriors can not.

That’s not how distributing utility between classes works though. A class can have a healing debuff and self healing while lacking in other areas, like spammable crowd control, ranged options, damage immunity, tools to reposition enemies like thunderstorm or grip, etc.
Also more than just arms warriors have considerable self healing and access to healing debuffs.

Welcome to the past decade, where tank specs have a lot of self healing.

1 Like

I don’t only play SV.

Disagree, but opinions are opinions.

Why do they have any self healing when they have an MS? Seems weird if you ask me. That is why Fury DIDN’T have an MS and did have self healing.

Warriors are doing more healing than most hybrids. Not sure where the confusion is here.

In the past, this wasn’t the case, and for good reason. It’s one of many things wrong with the game now. Too many specs have healing. Too many specs have MS.

1 Like

How far back in the past do you want to go? Cause we can go look at wotlk where arms warrior had second wind, enraged regen, blood craze and victory rush (If you don’t want to count victory rush, fair enough).
Do you want to revert all classes back to vanilla? >_>

I guess you’re just trolling at this point rather than concede that you made an oopsie.

2 Likes

Gotta be honest, I just looked back at all my recount data. In most games I was roughly the same as any other dps class in “healing,” and it was usually 50/50 split between fueled and ignore pain. Arguing about warrior self sustain is really weird.

It’s 2023 and rets usually double my damage in single target if they have half a brain cell. Warriors have some self sustain, very comparable to every other spec.

Except warlocks, affliction go brrrrrrrrrrrr.

1 Like