Please make hardcore servers pvp

Pretty much this.

It’s begging to get ganked and rolled on by other groups… they even tried to push idea that people will somehow “police” it all. It won’t work and won’t last, no matter how hard the 2-3 people try to push it.

1 Like

Making HC a PvP server changes it to a Survival server, “how long can you stay alive” type of thing. I do not think Blizzard will go for that. Folk simply won’t play. Besides you want it, you got it. There is nothing but yourselves stopping you from Hardcore play anyways. It is a style of play.

I am still shocked Blizz even went for it when server pops are so dismal. Once the novelty wears off, then what is everyone going to cry about?

I am sorry, it will be I want “fresh, clones, no GDKP, no gold buying, no tokens, SOM” The Good Lord only knows what else there is to whine and cry about. Methinks we shall see what new drama unfolds soon.

3 Likes

Agree with you, if I am going to go from being a shadow priest back to a sub rogue as I was when this was legit retail, I want it all. I want to wait on the bridge to stv and one button erase players from existence all day/night long. Not this watered-down garbage that Blizzard is mentioning. As hardcore is just that hardcore, no rules.

Sounds like you are coming to terms that HC PvP isn’t for you then. Great you can play on the HC PvE Realm.

Fixed it for you, we’re only getting the one.

2 Likes

Its a video game. You’ll be fine.

1 Like

it isn’t for anybody :expressionless:

1 Like

I think the hostile response to even saying “I want to play HC PvP” - something I also experience while attempting Insane in the Membrane (/pvp achieve within the Kargoz addon) - is that some players are scared that they won’t be attempting “the hardest hardcore” playstyle. Which is kinda silly mentality to have. What do you think?

Bloodsail era will be looked back on as the golden era of HC probably.

People are negative towards the idea because it sounds cool on the surface but would rapidly deteriorate into a cess spool of ridiculous griefing. It would honestly turn into a pve server fairly quickly I think. Whatever faction starts to have the upper hand in higher levels will just grief the other side off the server. That or people will

The only way I see it working is prema death only if the player is within a small window of your level. Even then the amount of changes to prevent griefing would probably be a lot. Like not even allowing characters outside the zones level range inside it or way stronger town guards

You can actually play test this idea right now. Get the Hardcore addon, and go make a fresh character on the Whitemane cluster. When you die, delete the character and start over if you want to keep playing.

It will be very easy to understand when you get to any contested zone at the appropriate level why this idea doesn’t work.

This is totally a made up scenario and I doubt it would happen considering death equal ghost.

That’s exactly what I do and it’s a blast.