Please kill the ret wheelchair

This is mostly a pvp post but I don’t know a single ret that enjoys being a snail with a giant sword, every single ret I’ve met either despises the Legion mobility “rework” or simply quit the game.

Azerite traits will be gone in SL and with it the gigaburst we have now will be back to normal levels, there’s no reason to keep this horrendously thought concept of “nope you can’t play the game unless people let you hit them”.

Cata or WoD ret seem to be loved by pretty much almost all ret players, why choose the worst aspect of BC ret and move away from the other succesful versions of the spec?.

35 Likes

Cata ret was despised on the PvE side because of being holy power starved until we got a tier set that let judgement give us holy power. When they moved that baseline it was a godsend.

MoP I think was the pinnacle, but if I had to chose a second version then it would be Wrath. However that being said retribution has been through so many different iterations that there will never be a community consensus on what was best, let alone talking about PvE vs. PvP.

8 Likes

Well, until we get our Torghast Legendary’s made and we go back to gigabursting.

You take Cata base. Make Judgement, Exorcism, Hammer of Wrath and Holy Wrath generates a holy power. GJ you now have the best Ret iteration. In pvp we won’t feel like toilet paper tankiness and in pve you now have a fluid gameplay.

Literally the best of both world.

11 Likes

Mists of Pandaria was my favorite time as retribution. I usually play protection, and I have now gone back to protection now that I have an okay starter sword and shield for tanking.

3 Likes

My favorite was ret was in WoD, mainly because they did away with Inquisition, but otherwise it was like MoP. They also buffed Supplication (https://wow.gamepedia.com/Supplication) passive in WoD which made us do crazy off heals.

It generally flowed better I think, because it was more ranged, and there were more options for mobility, so it made you feel fast. True, we had to kite warriors like we weren’t wearing plate, but I still preferred that game style. Walking slow really doesn’t feel good in WoW, no matter how hard you hit. Even in Legion they made our Divine Storm ranged, and taken that away in BFA, not sure why.

For me ret has always been about a mix of melee and ranged combat.

18 Likes

I kinda said this was a pvp post and tbh, I started playing this guy in Cata and never was starved for holy power, early Cata ret was terrible because of the rng mastery but it got fixed later on.

You know what was cool? The talent that made judgments give you a burst of speed.

Like most things, not sure why blizzard removed that. It’s like they decided that paladins were to be made slow.

14 Likes

I mean the best iteration of ret was when we didn’t have holy power

14 Likes

The removal of Supplication hit me harder than the removal of Exorcism tbh.
Man, I loved those big FoL.

1 Like

On one hand, it makes sense thematically for Paladin and Death Knight to be slow. Paladin wears bigger and heavier armor than anyone else. Look at pictures of 40k Space Marines, then look at Paladin tier sets like Judgement. Paladins walk slowly, but will destroy you when they catch you.

On the other hand, no, it isn’t fun being slow. No one wants to be the slowest kid in the race. No one likes feeling like they don’t have buttons to push for ages on end in gameplay either.

6 Likes

Wrath Ret Paladin. The height of fun for Ret Pallys.

7 Likes

Warriors wear plate and they’re not slow. Also Space Marines aren’t slow either.

13 Likes

Warriors are supposed to range from a naked gladiator all the way to an armored tank. Paladins are universally walking tanks, even Ret.

And compared to almost everything else in the 40k universe? Yes they are.

2 Likes

I just want the gameplay outside of wings to be smoothly paced. It doesn’t feel good having seconds of gap doing absolutely nothing, that’s terrible class design. There should always be something to do. Actually there are times even during wings when you’re just waiting and waiting for a cd to come off. Arms warriors also suffer from this issue. This needs to be fixed. Idk if the addition of consecration will help solve this issue, but it is an issue. It shouldn’t take an x amount of haste or crit or whatever for a spec to feel properly paced. That should already be part of the design. The stats and gear and rental powers and whatever should just be complimenting everything else, not making it work.

2 Likes

I never liked the Holy Power mechanic for pallies.

1 Like

With 35%30% haste you fix the rotation (works for me) I rarely end up in a deadzone.

Mobility for pve with cavalier inner azerite traits and cavalier azerite talent you move really fast and inspire others like mini stampeding roar never felt lacking mobility on high mid level keys(15s) or mythic raiding.

As for pvp yeah they can kite the ahit out of us sometimes it’s use teamwork and smart slows/stuns.

1 Like

What does that have to do with my dislike of Holy Power?

Meant a reply to the post general conversation not your dislike of holy power isnt this about mobility?

Didn’t other players mention rotation downtimes?

Just adding my 2 cents bro.

:clap: Wrath :clap: Ret :clap: Best :clap: Ret :clap:

4 Likes