Please keep Wrath Servers

Wrath Classic is why I, and many others, have came here. I have started and kept my sub going since it got released. If Blizzard does away with it, I’m unsubbing again. You could literally capitalize off of Classic servers, but instead you’re just putting yourself back into the ground

15 Likes

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/why-i-believe-were-not-getting-wotlk-era-servers

2 Likes

Another Wrath Era thread made by a char with 0 posts. Shocking.

4 Likes

Please stop making these threads.
K thx.

3 Likes

If you’re really so dedicated to wrath then post with your 80, not a sockpuppet you probably discarded a long time ago.
:axe:

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/why-i-believe-were-not-getting-wotlk-era-servers/1783761/9
(Put in brackets to save space, which you’ll point out is unnecessary, despite in a different thread complaining about NOT saving space.)

2 Likes

I mean you have other options to play Wrath if it’s that important to you

1 Like

You get hung up on the strangest of things.

I wasn’t complaining…

Other than private servers, how? I would rather play wrath classic from the official source.

1 Like

Yesss wrath classic permanent options for life.

2 Likes

I’d like to start making ‘no permanent wrath servers’ threads 24/7.

1 Like

Yeah no Wrath threads in a Wrath forum :clown_face:

1 Like

No king rules forever Cata-hater.

How about just no necroed threads. This thread died with only 7 posts because there was insufficient support from those who want wrath era. Most of the replies are against wrath era. Mktaar revived it after it was dead for nearly a month. It still only has 12 posts. Be objective as you claimed you were in another post. What does this thread tell you about support for wrath era servers?

5 Likes

There really isn’t alot of support, hence why I call those people wrath classic naysayers.
Would be nice if all of the pro cata classic players would jump on board with permanent wrath classic servers to. Instead of being completely against the cause.

I am way more sympathetic to people who think the same way I do. Like yah, I agree that there should be both. Most pro cata players just want to leave us pro permanent wrath classic players in the dust. Like some community we have here folks.
No one supports anybody for some reason.

Like it blows my mind. Would be nice to have all 20 billion of you pro cata players sayin you would stay back to in wrath classic even if you never intend to.

I also dont want to see anyone calling me a thread necroer getting mad when I insult them. Don’t call me names if you cannot handle being called names either. I just care alot about permanent wrath classic.

2 Likes

Interesting.

Then stop posting in dead/ redundant threads maybe.

1 Like

I mean, I wouldn’t be posting or complaining at all if blizzard would just hand out permanent wrath classic realms already lol. Sorry not sorry for annoying everyone. I mean, they don’t give a rip about me so why should I care about them.

You all find it annoying that I keep posting about wrath classic. I find it annoying they won’t give me wrath classic. Go figure.

1 Like

Not showing support doesn’t mean they want WotLK Era servers not exist, it’s not so black and white. For example, I don’t care if they’re added, I’ve never said that they shouldn’t be added, I’ve only ever stated WHY they’re not which isn’t the same as saying they shouldn’t.

So you are in an echo-chamber and here’s why.

• You stick to your views no matter what
  • You aren’t really open for a discussion
  • You refuse to listen to opposing views
  • You don’t accept the outcome that’s already been decided
  • You get your opinions from like-minded people which only bolsters your opinion on the matter.

Let me tell you something that you’ll probably ignore, my oldest friend and I play WoW together, he and I had a back and forth over transmog two days ago, I’ll save you the details but what’s important is that he doesn’t like it but I do. If you don’t have people like that in your community then you’re in an echo-chamber. If no one challenges what you’re saying then you’re just in a room with yes men agreeing to everything you’re saying and you don’t go anywhere because no one’s pushing you then yes, you’re in an echo-chamber.

I know you somehow see being called in an echo-chamber to be offensive (it isn’t) but you should have someone challenge your views and be open to have them changed otherwise you just come across as a troll who aims to agitate people.

And you just outlined why there’s not going to be any WotLK Era servers, player retention matters in all MMO’s. WoW isn’t a single player game, the world needs people for a lot of content.

• Arena
  • Battlegrounds
  • Wintergrasp
  • Dungeons
  • Raids
  • Group Quests
  • Auction House

What would you do if you couldn’t do these things? Not much is the answer and as such Blizzard doesn’t want to have WotLK servers that are dead just sitting there doing nothing. Even with one server it wouldn’t be enough.

You say that ~750 people is enough for a server well it isn’t, you’d need 500 on ONE faction each to just fuction and that requires them to go on daily too, no breaks

Threads close after 2 months, I’ve seen you reply to a thread when that time limit was about to hit, you’re single handedly keeping threads alive by replying in them to bring them traffic they’d otherwise no recieve. Personally after a month of no replies I consider that thread dead, you don’t have to share that opinion but it’s mine, so yes, you’ve “necro’d” a thread.

This is a childish way of trying to get them to do this, you’re essentially throwing a tantram untill your parent does what you want them to do, threatening that you’ll “run away” if they don’t listen.

Instead of posting in these threads about it why don’t you make your own thread as to why you should be getting WotLK Era servers. I made a post as to why I believe we aren’t getting them, so you say why you should.

3 Likes

I mean, there isn’t anything to discuss. Other than the fact that we have differing views. That is all that is really happening. And what sort of discussion can we have around differing viewpoints. We can’t.

Anything I say, you are just going to point out how wrong I am. And any points you make. I am just going to point out how wrong I think you are. Like end of discussion.

Man and player retention. What a joke. I think madseason said it best. But world of warcraft expansions, they basically last for 3 months. And then drop off. Blizzard does not create a gaming experience anymore for any of their expansions that actually keep people engaged the entire time. You know why. Because we can basically pay blizzard for anything that we want within any given expansion experience. And that just leads to a constant turnover rate. And of course, I can’t pay blizzard for a permanent wrath classic option, even though pretty much anything else I want I can litteraly pay blizzard to provide me. All because blizzard cares more about money than actually regulating a decent gaming experience, regardless of whether we are playing classic or retail.

And I never get burned out of wow. Because I actually earn my stuff. My levels. Everything. The average wow player now pays for a wow carry with gold that they bought from blizzard with a wow token.

And all the reasons you have stated as to why we aren’t getting wrath classic servers. I don’t agree with.

I am open for rational discussion. And saying, well, you are never going to get permanent wrath realms. Like, that isn’t a very rational thing to say. And I am just simply telling you how much I disagree with you.

Now, this is a public forum. I can pretty much post whatever I want within reason. And so can you. But there is no point in arguing in my opinion. You have differing opinions. And I have opinions that differ from yours.

I still think permanent wrath classic realm, should exist. Just because it isn’t profitable or whatever doesn’t make it right. But oh well. At this point, private wrath is looking pretty nice. I don’t have to ask for anything at all. It’s all provided for me right there whenever I feel like playing. Best part is that they don’t charge a cent from me.

Like If I knew that this was the fate of classic wow. I would have never given blizzard any money. Cataclysm classic, it isn’t classic. Sorry but that’s my opinion on that. Cata is a nostalgia trip. And while cata was cool, I don’t want to lose my wrath classic progress. Just frustrating blizzard is taking that away. And I think most pro wrath players saw the writing on the wall in bc and now cata classic when those realms weren’t provided either.

But blizzard can’t get mad later about private servers ruining their ip standards and whatever else. People who don’t advocate private servers, such as myself, were willing to pay blizzard for a permanent wrath classic option. So in my op, private servers are completely fair game if blizzard doesn’t want to provide the experience officially.

And that goes for any company. If I pay for a netflix account, and they stop providing a movie or whatever. Why should I keep paying for the service. They aren’t providing me the service that I am paying them to provide. So why bother. Big companies used to keep everyone mostly satisfied. Now they don’t.

Also, if being called being in an echo chamber isn’t offensive. Then why the heck are you mentioning it. So yah, I guess I am in an echo chamber. It isn’t like it is bad to share my opinions that I think that permanent wrath classic servers are a good idea and that wrath classic is cool, while also having those who think and feel the same way agree with me. That isn’t an echo chamber. Those are just the folks who agree with me. Same as those who agree with you that cata classic is coming and who agree with your opinions as to why wrath classic isn’t going to get made. It’s all the same stuff. You just happen to be part of the majority, with a majority of the audience agreeing with you.

Just because only a select amount of folks agree with me doesn’t make me in an echo chamber. It just means that there aren’t as many people who agree with me. But it also doesn’t make my opinion wrong.

But it goes beyond that. Just because you all have the majority opinion. It doesn’t mean that it is the right thing to be doing. Just because blizzard is doing cata classic and no to permanent wrath classic era realms. And the majority opinion is that wrath classic shouldn’t happen or that they don’t feel like wrath classic permanent is going to happen. That absolutely doesn’t 100 percent make it right just because there are more of you.

Like, let’s just say you have this kid in school right. And he is a nice kid. But a majority of people feel like this kid blows and deserves to be beat up. Does that make the people who believe he shouldn’t be beaten up live in an echo chamber because they don’t share the majority opinion. Well, based on my morales, I don’t think people should be bullying that kid. But people can think and believe whatever they want.

So back to permanent wrath classic. In my opinion, blizzard could do a better job at trying to include as many people as they possibly can. And right now, they are leaving the pro wrath classic players out. Just because there are few of them. I mean, it just sounds like corporate greed to me. In this context though, your opinions aren’t really wrong. But neither are mine. I just disagree with your opinions among many others who share your opinions to. I just don’t agree with those opinions.

And when it comes to necroing threads. That is your opinion to that I necro threads. And I am pretty much not a rule thumper either. Following rules hasn’t gotten me jack all in life. And as mentioned, necroing a thread is about as illegal as driving like 10 miles over a speed limit. It is a rule that is going to constantly get broken. People speed all the time. And people necro threads all the time. But I don’t think I have necroed threads.

But to your credit, I do agree with you on one thing. That I should make a thread about reasons as to why permanent wrath classic should be made. That would probably be more constructive than doing whatever it is we are babbling on about here. So stay tuned I guess. And you can feel free to provide your thoughts.

Also, interesting to point out how many people on the pro cata classic side aren’t being normal either when it comes to disagreeing with my opinions. So many pro cata players don’t want to have an intelligent discussion either. And when you have so many posts being all like, well, yah. Just go to private servers then mktaar. No one wants you here. Those types of posts don’t exactly make the pro cataclysm crowd look very good either.

That’s what a back and forth is, you say your point(s) and I say mine, that’s how people have a conversation when their viewpoints differ. Would you rather be with people that just prop up whatever you say? This is why I believe that you’re in an echo-chamber.

Every expansion/mainline retail patch will always have a surge of players and then a drop off, happened for Classic, TBC, WotLK and I’m sure it’ll happen for Cataclysm. Is that a bad thing? No, those players wouldn’t be sticking around anyway, they’re literally tourists just checking things out. Player retention is something that every MMO should be aiming to keep high because as I’ve said before, an MMO without a sufficiant amount of players can’t function.

You’ll never get burnt out from WoW because you leveled your characters and got gear without what? buying a boost and buying gold? If that’s your reason for not getting burnt out then… sure but I can tell you now that the average player aren’t doing GDKP’s.

You can disagree with my reasons I think WotLK servers aren’t happening, they are after all my reasons, mearly an opinion.

You’re not open to rational discussion because you fill your posts with so much fluff, repeating yourself over and over only in different ways, you straight out throw away points I and others make not making a point of your own other than that you want WotLK Era servers even this.

You don’t even state why you don’t agree with it, you’re just throwing it away saying you don’t agree without saying why. This is why I say you’re not open for a discussion.

Blizzard needs to make money, they’re not a charity. If something isn’t profitable why would you think that Blizzard would provide it? Classic has a sub fee, we don’t buy expansions unlike retail, the only way that WotLK Classic can currently make money is through things that most people won’t really bother buying apart from the WoW token perhaps. Blizzard isn’t just gonna dump an Era server when it isn’t going to make them money, it’s illogical for a business to do that.

All of Classic is a nostalgia trip I don’t know what to tell you.

Okay, let’s get this Netflix talk out of the way. Netflix pays for movies and shows, makes them streamable for a certain amount of time and when that time is up they can either renew it and keep it streamable, or remove it. Simple as that, it’s all about money.

You’re wondering why I mentioned that you’re in an echo-chamber, well the answer is twofold. One, you ARE in an echo-chamber and two, you’re the one that said that it’s offensive in another thread so I mearly said that it’s not (and it isn’t). You’re surrounded by people who agree with you, bolstering your opinion and never opposing it. You’re not acknowledging the other side, you’re just dismissing it.

All of this is fluff, it has no meaning, the Netflix thing too but I honestly think you just don't know how Netflix works.

This honestly makes me scared for the people around you, I’d hate to have you driving in my country, then again my country is so strict with speeding that you’ll likely lose your licence within the first year. Do you know how damage just 10 miles (16 km) over the speed limit does to someone? The second you’re in an accident you’re likely to kill the person who’d otherwise live, stop speeding, it’s a serious problem if you’re actually like that.

You should know why we’re saying that, it’s because you keep threatening to go to Pservers because there’s not going to be any WotLK Era servers. Blizzard doesn’t have any plans at the moment for them so you might as well go there now instead of whenever you plan to if you actually did in the first place.

1 Like

And that is the problem. Everything is about money. And it should be about not only providing a quality product/products. While also making money. And there is really no quality anymore.

I think vanilla era failed because they kept every server up. I think if they made it so that
permanent wrath classic just funneled everyone who wanted it into one server. It would work.
But now it’s like, oh vanilla era failed. Well, every other era will probably fail also. Makes no sense. I would love them to try one more time. At least with permanent wrath. The only era server I really wanted from the beginning.

And to me, by my research. Wrath classic would make money. But blizzard chased everyone away in my opinion. Especially with the decisions that they made during classic. Paid level boosts in bc. No permanent bc servers. Wow tokens. No permanent wrath. But I stuck around. And now I am just posting about how stupid it is to take wrath classic away.

I mean, Ok. I am in an echo chamber. So. What’s your point exactly. It isn’t really a crime to continuously post about wanting wrath classic. So people need to stop acting like it is.
That is just freedom of speech. Like I can litteraly talk about wrath classic as much as I want to. People need to stop acting like that is a crime. Because I am not going to stop asking for it or posting about it. And how I think it’s a great idea.

At the same time, I need to just let the people who disagree with me disagree with me. And if you think I necro posts. Continue to think that. If you think I am in an echo chamber. Cool. All that needs to happen from now on.

When it comes to driving. I never drive 10 miles over the speed limit. But I would say on average, most americans do. Because it is such a common thing, you can’t really arrest every single person who is doing it. And laws only protect the honest people. And that is the truth on that one. But I will admit, I didn’t even realize or think about how serious it was. But I have never actually done it. I always drive the speed limit in fact.

Trying to think of an example of a rule that gets constantly broken but isn’t really that big of a deal. Because some rules are really stupid in my op. And the 10 mph one is just a bad example. But no one follows 100 percent of any of the rules ever added to any given country. That is kind of insane to believe that in my op. Politicians break all the rules and never really get any sort of consequences for them. Specially here in america.

And no sir. I only started mentioning going to private servers when the majority of you all told me you didn’t want me here and calling me a forum necroer and saying I was living in an echo chamber. I never really insulted anyone in the beginning. I am simply excercising my opinions in as many places as possible. Plain and simple. Not necroing. Just expressing my bloody opinions.

Like seriously. I live in america. And I don’t find it wrong to keep posting about permanent wrath classic servers every so often telling blizzard they should do them. To the people who find that annoying. Well, I don’t know what to tell you. I am just as annoyed about permanent wrath classic servers not being a thing, as you all are that I keep posting about it. Got nothing more to say on it than that.

At the same time, everyone keep posting telling me how crazy I am. That is your right with freedom of speech. And I will keep posting about how I think permanent wrath classic should be a thing because that is my freedom of speech.

That’s what I miss about the days before netflix. Because if I liked a movie, even though the rest of the world thought it was terrible. It was probably on dvd in some form so I could purchase it. And in my op, that is just a danger of the all digital world. Right now, I can’t even watch the new willow series even though I liked it. But because everyone else hated it, it isn’t redistributed anywhere. And I don’t think it made it to dvd or anything like that either. And I just find that stupid.

As well as everything getting sold now. There is no quality control either. Absolutely nothing. I find that insane.

On top of that, they like to censor stuff to with no alternatives to watch the uncensored version. Like it is stupid that the spongebob episode midlife crustacean is gone because they found it innapropriate or whatever. Like that is some communist socialistic bullcorn right there. I feel the same way about dark comedy to. Cancel culture is the dumbest thing ever.

Like there is no way a movie like the original mario bros movie would actually even be distributed properly if it got made today. And I am talking about the 1993 version. Because it stunk so bad. And with alot of stuff that doesn’t do well, the people who do like it have to go through alot of unecessary hoops in order to get ahold of that media. Which is rediculous in my op.

And yes I know we do still have dvd and blue ray currently. But I don’t think it will be around much longer. And stuff that doesn’t do well will simply dissapear. And you will have to dig really deep to find it online.

I mean it’s like, the people who dislike me. Go ahead. I will just start ignoring your posts. And focus on the people who agree with my posts instead. Saves me alot of headaches arguing with people all the time. Specially with people who never agreed with me in the first place anyways. And who will never agree with me no matter what I do.