Please keep the class restrictions

Please explain how, in any capacity, removing silly race-based locks on classes is ‘pushing to further ruin Warcraft’.

I’ll give you a hint. It’s not. Nothing in the lore precludes draenei from being warlocks, and The Light and Fel aren’t incompatible, either - so even Glow Goats can be Warlocks if they so desire. If you can’t think of a viable concept to make one with, then don’t.

If a draenei becomes a warlock, they can no longer claim to be draenei. Its a political/cultural label where one of the requirements of belonging to that label is abhorrence of fel. Even moreso for Lightforged as they have dedicated their minds and bodies to the light for the explicit purpose of fighting demons. This garbage ruins warcraft by undermining the most important aspects of what makes these races and cultures what they are. It’s like claiming you’re a vegan while still eating meat.

I genuinely would not care about new combos if Blizzard put in the effort to make customization options like red skin to make a manari or lightbound demons. If they made those options and forced them on the lorebreaking combos so they made sense, I would welcome the additions.

Class skins in that style would be the perfect middle ground to make everyone happy, but they’re too lazy to actually do it, as evidenced by the “we’re just warlocks now lul” quest on ptr.

And we haven’t even gotten to the truly obscene stuff yet. Explain how an undead being locked away from a class like druid is “silly” when undead are an abomination that break the cycle of life. A class based entirely on life magic would never be accesible to those outside life and death. Only way that’ll ever make sense is with a decay druid class skin.

1 Like