Please hold off on connecting realms in classic

Well, my alliance chars will be able to do stuff with Herod alliance and I’ll be back to playing with those on my first ever server so there’s that I guess. Yeah, I’m not happy about the current balance either.

The biggest issue for me is that a realm which had a nice community will be slaughtered by the introduction of not so nice people.

At old Vanilla and current Vanilla, I had the luck of playing on the nicest realms you could imagine. No Mafia, No bots, no streamer guilds.

Yes, the realms were less crowded and sometimes it took a few minutes to find someone for a quest, but once you had someone you knew how worthy that person was and that is how communities formed.

If unlucky, you are merged to a realm now with a mafia, so you can forget about ever farming a herb again. If unlucky, you get connected to a streamer realm, say goodbye to world bosses and rares.

When Blizzard merged my old Vanilla realm, gaming wasnt the same anymore. I met people who tagged mobs without accepting an invite, I met people who took herbs and flowers while you did fight the mob protecting it and you ended up with guilds blocking world bosses. With a single realm community, you can have rules and you can work towards a nicer community, but if you have hundreds of strangers from another realm, you will not.

Xrealm is the worst that ever happened to wow, why make the same mistake again?

1 Like

I feel like a lot of people are confused. These mergers are for Classic Era realms, not TBC. There isn’t going to be a community on any server unless they merge them.

I feel like some part of this is literally owed to one’s state of mind. Glass half-full vs half-empty sort of thing.

I think if you’re the sort of person that felt they lucked out with their realm community, you’re going to find that things aren’t so bad after the merger.

Conversely, people that felt their realm was a nightmare of toxicity prior to the merger are going to claim a new tenth level of hell was created.

Of course not all of it is in our heads, but I’m sure it’s a component.

I mean it’s gonna be needed eventually.

Kurrinaxx for example is amazing how much different the population is compared to whitemane. Like having trade and LFG in the same tab and it doesn’t even have to scroll. Compared to whitemane where it’s zooming by.

When TBC hits, kurrinaxx will lose even more people and I fear it would be almost impossible to find dungeon groups let alone raids.

This is why I’m glad it’s getting a merger.

1 Like