Please hold off on connecting realms in classic

Please wait till you know how the faction balance is going to play out. Right now you are connecting things without knowing who will play where or how. Literally fail move blizzard. At least wait a month to see where community is before you just start randomly throwing darts at the board to connect servers.

Not to mention that connected realms = immersion killer. While classic’s whole point is IMMERSION. Come on guys, why you so out of touch with your fan base sometimes.

9 Likes

I would prefer a “hold off”, as well.

4 Likes

Yeah me too, please listen to the lvl 60 undead warlock for once, blizzard

4 Likes

I doubt the connections are set in concrete. It’s my perception they are baselining the worst case scenerio that classic will have severely reduced populations. If this proves not to be the case, I expect they will reshuffle the deck to balance out connected server populations.

Haven’t looked into the current faction populations of the realms they’re connecting but I’d imagine current faction balance was taken into account. Ratios probably won’t change much. More than likely the population reduction will be fairly uniform across realms and factions.

How’s that?

1 Like

I have mixed feelings about this. I am actually not a fan of realm connections after it happened to my Vanilla realm but I do think they are needed for Classic Era. Most people are going to TBC. Even those on the fence will usually be checking TBC out at first. As much as I love Classic this is fair to say IMO. Also them not having guilds is probably good so people can come together on the connections.

Second thing when you look at faction balance and the PVP EST servers and if you go to ironforge.pro you can tell what grouping a server is in. Anything with a horde high % got put together and anything with an alliance high % got put together. I’m not a fan of this part at all. If I want to think positively about why they did this it is to keep enough of a population on those factions for raiding etc. if I want to be negative (realistic?) about it it’s a way of selling server transfers.

Once realms are connected they will not be disconnected. They are merged. This is not CRZ.

1 Like

Naw.

2 Likes

You should ask yourself why. Why did Blizzard announce this CE realm-merging publicly now, just days before the realms split? And why did Blizzard announce a price reduction for cloning at the same time?

Those 2 announcements, and this exact time, clearly have a purpose: to increase the number of people who will choose to play CE.

The merging greatly reduces fears of “dead servers”, and the cheaper price means that anyone who wants to play both can play both. That is likely to have a big impact on the hundreds of thousands of personal player decisions next Tuesday.

If you are working on a CE goal, you can continue playing CE on Tuesday, without worrying about the price of adding TBC later, and without worrying that there suddenly “won’t be enough players left to form a raid group”.

Making these announcements a month from now would not have that effect.

1 Like

Connected realms that Fairbanks is with is 45% Alliance 55% Horde according to ironforge.pro.

11789 Alliance
14342 Horde

That’s actually an improvement over my realm which is 40% Alliance 60% Horde and for PvP realms is actually pretty well balanced.

Keep in mind you can’t just add up all the realms that have higher horde or alliance ratios. You have to add up the totals. You might have 4 realms that are high horde pop and one that’s a higher alliance population but the one with higher alliance population might be three times the total population.

All of the US West PVP realms were merged together. This balance is not bad.

US East PVP realms are like this using the current values (which we all know will change):
(PvP-East) A 12332 H 6893
(PvP-East) A 7012 H 14056

I’m more disappointed because there was a chance to balance and it wasn’t taken… and my current server is balanced pretty well. Now I do know that things may change and I’ll wait and see at least for a few months but if I want a balanced Era server it looks like I’m probably going to have to transfer.

It’s very odd they happen to do this BEFORE the move. We have no way of knowing who is all to stay or go.

2 Likes

They really NEED to wait to see how things shake out after the 18th. I have suspicion that there will be many orphaned “Clones” now that the price dropped. Created characters is not the same as active players.

2 Likes

Is this actually how the connected realms will work? Will it just be one mega realm for two weeks until people move to tbc?

I was under the impression you’d share things like the AH but wouldn’t actually see them in the open world

No, different realms are going to be “connected”, to each other.

You’ll see them out in the open world, with their Server Names slapped next to their names.

Everyone is on the same realm. The only difference from realms now is that everyone will have a last name which is just the name of the server they were on originally.

But it’s basically only temporary, right? When tbc is released only classic era will be connected, tbc realms will be like what we have now?

Also wpvp and leveling draenei/belf is gonna be pretty crazy lol

There are no announced changes to TBC realms or TBC realm connections at this time.

Well, it will be permanent for Classic servers, and won’t be a thing on TBCC servers at least until WotLKC is released, probably.

And, yeah, The first few weeks of TBCC are going to be cray cray.

Why’s that?

If they dont connect realms right now they will kill a lot of realms before even trying, by connecting now, even not knowing the correct balance of factions/population u giving those realms a chance to live and stay healthy.

Imagine leaving them alone without connection, a lot of ppl wont find groups and wont see a reason to log in to play, so you will kill those realms and never know how to balance it properly anyway