Please fix Zatojin

Zereth Mortis may have felt lack luster to many players, but for mount collectors the place was a treasure trove. With over 20 available there, it saved Shadowlands from falling into obscurity for me and many others. However, even after all this time, there are still some I’m missing from there. Many, in fact. However, Zatojin in particular should be soloable content. I say should be, because currently he is easily soloable. However, the problem arises when you try to actually summon him. See, to summon this insect you need the others smaller Menacing Vespoid Workers that surround the area to apply 20 stacks of their poison onto you. At level 60 this was no problem for any tank in greens from the zone, however at level 70, they miss so often it takes 12-20 minutes for them to reach this.

Possible solutions:

1. Remove the poison requirements and simply have Zatojin as a standard rare spawn instead of a summon.
  2. Increase the wasps’ hit chance on characters higher level than them.
  3. Give the wasps a stacking buff when they miss that increases their chance to hit for the rest of the fight.

Not possible solutions:
Don’t respond with, “Well, just bring a lower level character.” This solution is lazy and a poor work around, especially since this content will just get increasingly more difficult the longer WoW exists.

6 Likes

I take it you had the same experience with no gear, too? Not in tank spec?

Zereth mortis rep and drop rates should’ve been reviewed several times over back then and now, but blizzard was just zooming trough hated content so they prob never touched it again.

Dailies not giving rep is atrocious, the enlightened is prob one of the worst reps to ever exist in this game.

1 Like

Not a matter of gear, though I did try this. It’s a matter of they simply keep missing.

1 Like

Thing is they already have a mechanic in the game that addresses this problem. A couple of quests in Northrend require you to be poisoned by an enemy and then use an item to harvest the poison from yourself. In my experience this poison never misses no matter how high your level is. Just apply that mechanic to Zatojin and problem solved.

Generally speaking they need to put more forethought into these types of mechanics. The kind of mechanic that simply will not age well, like requiring a minimum number of players to summon something (there’s still an elite in WoD I haven’t knocked out because of this) and it’s almost impossible to find anyone else interested in it years later.

1 Like

Another solution that I’ve seen work is to summon pocopoc (maxed out) and let the insects attack him. He will auto self heal at 13 stack and should remain alive long enough to trigger zatojin

(Didn’t do myself, saw a monk do it, I failed when I tried cause mine killed them all).

Not just myself apparently;

1 Like

Does facing away spamming sit work in this situation? I feel like this is a general way to get a hit to trigger but I don’t know if it’d work on the same number you’d need. I hope you can get something going. I’ll check if I have anyone stuck at 60 if you needed a hand though.

1 Like

Does not work. They attack and you auto stand and in that time stacks do not build fast enough

1 Like

Ahh fair enough

That’s exactly where my mind went to, also! I didn’t have trouble spawning him in Ret spec, but I never tried in tank spec.

Well, there’s no guarantee it will ever work.