Please fix Vault of Archavon

Need pieces to finish tier sets

I go there on a Horde toon “Alliance controlled 52 mins”

I go there on an Alliance(different server) - “Horde control 50 minutes”

Go there on Alliance another different server, combat in progress, then Horde controls

LIKE I CANNOT EVER GET INTO THIS RAID.

Why does it matter WHO controls? Let us do the raid anyway. It’s so frustrating a VERY OLD BG still controls who can or cannot work on their tmog sets

9 Likes

I agree, the raid should be open all the time to anyone now

Is that cata one in tol borad the same?

1 Like

You just need to park alts at this raid and check them now and again. You can try and “win” the BG to flip control but honestly I wouldn’t bother. Just wait for someone to do it.

I have toons of the faction that is “dominant” on that realm (eg Alliance on Stormrage NA). I often found Winterspring was controlled by the other faction. It could be perception bias but it almost seems like people were being contrary, even a bit grief-y, like someone who is Horde decided to take control of Winterspring on a 90% Alliance realm. That’s just a guess.

You will definitely waste time waiting for your faction to control it. That’s just the nature of the beast.

I thought VoA gear was available elsewhere?

There used to be an exploit you could do to clip your way in even when it was closed to your faction. But blizz “fixed” it I think.

Good, exploits are bad for games.

How would you know?! You’ve got a blind fold on! Ha! Got you again! :crazy_face:

2 Likes

With my third eye.

Who cares? That has nothing to do with making VoA, which is a 16 year old raid, more accessible.

Of all the dumb things to “fix.” :woman_facepalming:t4:

Oh no! Someone wants to actually do an old raid! The horror!! :scream:

Also: can someone verify whether or not the VoA gear is available elsewhere? I can’t remember and I’m not home to check.

2 Likes

Was this ever a thing? I could swear that if your faction doesn’t control Wintergrasp, you’re not even allowed through the raid portal. I could just be unknowingly making this up though.

you can enter the raid no matter who controls it lol

doesnt matter who controls it you can enter the raid and do it every week on all toons

One-eyed Pete (Sorry couldn’t resist).

If your faction controlled the zone at the end of battle and repelled the invaders they were locked out of the raid until the next battle. If, however, if you beat the defenders then both sides could access it as the doors to the raid were knocked down which is what keeps people out.

However, if you’re going into farm gear, it current doesn’t award gear to the other classes in your War band as the gear is class specific. (Example, druid, hunter, shaman etc.)

or you can just enter the raid and not worry who controls it lol
If horde controls alliance can still enter the raid
If alliance controls Horde can still enter the raid

The pvp armor is all available at pvp vendors for the regular old transmog prices

The black war mammoth, however, is not available elsewhere

1 Like

And also Baradin Hold.

Like it’s been 10 years, no one cares Blizzard.

1 Like

Nope, couldn’t enter Baradin Hold on a Hordie while Alliance controlled TB.

It was dumb to have any of them locked off, even when they were current.

1 Like

False. Door is shut. And the portal to get inside doesn’t work, I tried it today.

1 Like

Wait. How did you get in to test it?