Please fix vanish!

I never experienced the problems being reported in this thread in Vanilla and Vanilla is what I spent the most time in as a Rogue.

There were issues in Vanilla, but these are different and more aggressive/glaring issues.

3 Likes

That’s the big problem is that it doesn’t feel at all like vanilla. Their experiment was a failure I hope they can admit that and just remove it if it’s not working right.

1 Like

Yeah at this point we can only state our opinions and hope they come to their senses and remove it, not holding my breathe though.

Ya, you’re woefully wrong.

1 Like

The current implementation of Vanish is the worst I have seen in the game history. I will be here daily to bump and talk about it. I have never seen it in such an unreliable state and yes… I was there for Vanilla. This is far worse.

2 Likes

I agree.

Now don’t get me wrong. Vanilla vanish was not the best, and definitely did bug out and fail to drop combat…once in a blue moon.

The current iteration of vanish fails around 30-40% of the time, as opposed to vanilla where it was something more like 5%, and that was only if there were like a million mobs attacking you at once.

In classic, I have had vanish fail to drop combat even in situations where only one or two mobs were attacking me and they were a far distance from me.

1 Like

Bump. Two hard fails tonight. One to mobs in BRD another to a player that auto attacked with a slow two hander 2 seconds after I vanished. The state of this ability is untenable.

3 Likes

Please fix blizzard it only works about 60% of the time

Can’t tell you how many times I will vanish, have it fail, then preparation, sprint away and vanish again and even that fails.

1 Like

Today I was on the other end of this. Fighting another Rogue. Watched them go into Stealth. Smashed my Hemo ability and it still went off.

Oh, it happens to me all the time. In fact I don’t recall a rogue ever successfully vanishing from me when I am fighting them. They vanish, I see the animation but my guy just keeps attacking them. It’s a useless ability right now.

Yes. What’s wrong is that attacks that are interrupted by YOU (CC, aggro drop, interrupt, etc.) remain in the queue.

Consequently, when your “interruption” goes off, instead of being aborted, the queued attack is merely delayed.

This is obviously wrong. Interrupted/CC/aggro broke attacks should just END.

1 Like

Hit the nail on the head.

This is driving me crazy. Makes it impossible to vanish in instances too, everytime i do i take a hit and its like i never even used it

Bumpity bump

just happened to me three times in Arena - grom gol pvp. what a joke

Don’t forget, it’s just a cosmetic ability in PvP right now.

I see people effectively using vanish in Classic pvp videos/streams though. I’m jealous. I’d rather it not work in pve and work in pvp, unlike feign death which works in pve but not in pvp at all, not quick enough to trap.

i take gear off for brd pickpocking… annoying lol

hope we get a fix in p2

So I have been doing some PVP testing of vanish and here is what I see from my point of view.

Vanish performs the following.

1. Gives you access to your stealth kit
  2. Uses a flash powder
  3. sometimes clears snares / roots. (not always)
  4. never clears the enemy target.
  5. sometimes takes you out of combat (rare)

The PVE side of things is funky, it really depends on the Dungeon I am in or the NPC kind (world).

What I suspect may be happening is that Blizzard has inadvertently added “combat pulse” (like in raid) to Dungeons only when you aggro certain mobs.

That or they have a true-sight like buff that’s applied to certain mobs after you aggro them…

Would be nice to hear back from Blizzard on this, it’s kinda wacky like the FD problems… At least they posted about FD being broken… Here is hoping they will say something about vanish.

2 Likes