PLEASE FIX The Troll and Draenei Heritage Sets, Don't Force These

Blizz these sets aren’t good. Feels like the effort fell away as we approach TWW, if you don’t have the time to work on them and make them good just release the quest chains we’ll wait for you to fix them, but please don’t force this.

Whoever made that Troll set clearly doesn’t play Troll or is just unfamiliar with Darkspear Fashion (it’s a thing ask any of them). There were 3 boxes that should have been checked, ok maybe 4.

1. A tall back piece with skulls and masks and ropes like all the best ones in Lore and WC3 and existing art that we the players have never got to have. This was the obvious direction to go in, a nerfed Icon of Shadows was not what we had in mind. (The Black Market AH one is also small and too expensive.) The Head Hunter Throwing Javelins are in the game already, why not just send them our way while you’re at it?

2. A well made cloth mask like Sen’Jin wore. Why is it covering the nose and between the tusks like an elephant? The mask has clipping problems on the girl Troll and the man looks like an Elephant-Turkey Hybrid. This needs fixing, this is worse than the Nightborn belt that you guys deemed worth of a fix.

3. A proper Rush’kah (wood mask) we haven’t gotten a universally usable wooden voodoo mask for all armor types ever. This doesn’t count. It looks kinda like the WC3 Reforged Shadowhunter and Zappyboi but the heart just isn’t in this design. There are so many good ones you could have used or atleast made one that looked like Darkspear mask art.

4. A Glaive, Trolls don’t use the same glaive attack animation as Demon Hunters you don’t have to reinvent the wheel for this. the double blade troll glaives look nothing like DH glaives, there’s no excuse. Why make the weapon a sword? You guys either don’t know us or don’t care.

For the mask, I kinda like how you mixed the wood and cloth but with both sections being so poorly implemented this just ain’t it. Please, please get this set fixed.

As for the Draenei - After seeing the love the Lightforged set got compared to this, some sets need a male and female option the Draenei set was one of them, this isn’t a 1 size fits all kind of set. No custom horseshoes, thematically doesn’t capture the vibe of the concept art you were going for, and what is that helm? why doesn’t it showcase the horns? You really thought Draenei would wear this? No you didn’t think that, you were likely just trying to push something out the door.

Let us know you’ll be fixing these and we’ll wait patiently, no need to force through a lackluster product. But please, please do something this just ain’t right, this is a paid sub game.

UPDATE: I seriously wish they didn’t force these sets through, so discouraging. Sounds like the Draenei Quest chain was really fun, I’m gonna do it today. That Darkspear quest chain was cool but honestly really disappointed they didn’t revive Vol’Jin or tell us he’s coming back.
These sets need a rework Blizz, I know you have a lot on your hands with all these bugs but please, make time to fix these sets, especially since there apparently wasn’t enough time dedicated to them to begin with.

42 Likes

lol. It’s coming out tomorrow. A little late for that. It is what it is.

8 Likes

I definitely feel you but it ain’t like other people haven’t been trying. I’ve seen them go back and edit sets post release, there’s still hope. They should be made aware that we don’t like waiting for content but we can wait for quality sets.

16 Likes

Yeah, they edited the nightbourne set way after release because of how bad the belt looked on it.

11 Likes

Yeah those bullet points are like the bare minimum of what this set should have been, here’s a comprehensive breakdown of everything wrong with every single piece of the armor. This set is an easy 3/10.

9 Likes

At the very least Troll mask should be changed. For anything that is holy. That is absolute bare minimum I ask for. Give us proper HD Voodoo mask, it would be sweet to get a cloth as well that goes under the nose, but I can work around it.

8 Likes

None of the heritage models are enjoyable visually. Whoever designs them probably doesn’t play the game.

4 Likes

The Space Goat Heritage Armor makes me glad I play a Golden Space Goat.

3 Likes

And this belt is leagues worse than the Nightborn belt. I seriously hope they come to their senses and stop ignoring us.

There’s probably not going to be a real HD Voodoo mask usable by all armor sets if we don’t get a real one here.

I’d like for the designer to be an actual player but even if they were just a lore buff that would be fine, we’d be seeing a much better set here if the designer actually knew the lore.

Seriously what were they thinking making that helm?

6 Likes

Yeah it’s 100% not serviceable for male trolls as a stand alone piece and even as part of the set it’s heinous.

5 Likes

What I find staggering is how little effort it would take to bring this set from such a flop to being awesome, make the back taller add a skull or two, fix the cloth, adjust the belt to be longer and angle it to avoid clipping change the tiki plate to a cooler one. Jazz up that small shoulder a bit, new paint job for the mask. Re-texture the boots and gloves and it’s be fine, it’d be rockin.

6 Likes

Oh, someone complaining their race heritage armor is bad?
First time huh?

4 Likes

Its the first time a heritage armor has been dishonest from its source material, its not even heritage, its a made up lie.

That is the biggest difference.

5 Likes

The hat for the Draenei one is just inexcusable. They didn’t even design the set on Draenei models and it shows. The boots also aren’t really made for Draenei models, that’s just one of the ways normal boots morph to Draenei legs.

The last time one of the heritage sets was so completely unfitting for the race it was meant for was the void elf one. The collar on the chest piece clipped with every single void elf hair style. It was eventually fixed by lowering the collar to what it is now though.

Blizzard, I’m begging you, stop designing every set on male humans then just haphazardly slapping it onto other races.

11 Likes

I will. :dracthyr_shrug:

It’s not the concept art, but I still like it.

They won’t. Patch comes out tomorrow.

They don’t design anything on individual race models anymore. They design it on human models and let AI “fix” it for other models.

1 Like

Which is a disaster for the Troll set that clips badly on both genders.

9 Likes

They were so proud of that interview talking about how the AI is so good and frees them up to do other things and I’m like, “Yeah… frees them up to fix all the problems that AI created.”

:dracthyr_tea:

15 Likes

The AI failed on these sets.

3 Likes

For some reason belts that are normal on other races are always tiny and clip into the legs on Trolls, if the AI really “fits it” to other sets, they need to recalibrate for the Darkspear men.

6 Likes

They can lessen the hunch a bit, to the point belt fits better on them. I like the prowling stance, but it ruins so many belts :confused: and you cannot see much of a tabard.

3 Likes