Please fix the broken sharding/ phasing

Please, please fix the out-of-control sharding issue. I have been in multiple superblooms where we are about to end with a purple and BOOM… it vanishes and everyone’s on a new shard. The new shard is in green and is nowhere near the progress we had.

Several times I have planted a purple seed and maxed it out… and then again, get shared. People appear around me and someone has a green in progress where my purple one was… (I went back to see if I could get the purple to spawnbut it never did). It is such a huge wast of time and resources. That is a lot of wasted dew resources.

Another example, I was in a raid for the world boss. We almost had him down and everyone vanished!. I was still in the group, but everyone else was moved… But the ANGRY and in combat boss remained, and then turned and destroyed me.

ANOTHER time… I was farming to get Ashwhisper to spawn for a druid appearance. I had been killing for over 2 hours to get her to spawn. She finally did, I got her to 10% health… and she vanished. I got shared again to another server.

Another time my friend had planted a purple seed and maxed it out, I sent him an invite to queue up for a dungeon and it shared both of us. He lost the purple seed he planted and it wasn’t there no matter what we did. We are on the same server, so it should not have shared us just for this.

Many more times this sudden and unwanted sharding has happened, and I am incredibly frustrated. I know Sharding is supposed to help, but right now it is a pain in the…neck…

I want to clarify that in all but one case, I was solo/ not in a group…

I know many others have complained about it. I kept saying "this is such an issue, they will fix it soon… "

I am disappointed that Blizzard has ignored fixing this issue, or even addressing that it is a known problem.

4 Likes

This is almost certainly tied to the “underpopulated shards” issue they said they wanted to fix back when they announced that whole thing where Zaralek rares would start despawning if unpulled for 15 minutes. It’s pretty bad for a number of reasons, including actual active world events like you’ve mentioned, but also just if you’re camping any rare spawns for example. Just a huge overcorrection.

Farming the druid forms is a nightmare now when you sometimes won’t see a rare for several hours because you are repeatedly re-sharded without your knowledge. :pensive:

2 Likes

Well, it just happened again. I was on my druid tanking firebrand, and everyone vanished, the rare was gone, and I was surrounded by her mobs. I feel bad for the poor mage that was there… when I was moved to another shard, they prob got destroyed by the rare…

I also got moved while farming ashwhisper. this is making it impossible for me to get all the druid forms.

This has gotten completely out of hand over the last month or two, and I’ve just been submitting bugs in-game every time that I can be bothered to. I’ve been fighting Fyrrak’s minion, had him down to maybe 3%, and got thrown to a different shard where there was no completion in progress at all. Another time, I was doing the Maruuk Centaur hunt, was in the final phase 0/6 fighting, ready to shortly be done and have my prize, and it all faded away to a 6/6 not even started hunt. And there are the situations like feasts, research, or blooms, where you’re on a really nice track to get the good rewards, and all of sudden you’ve lost any chance at them.

I understand they are trying to solve an issue, closing underpopulated shards or balancing ones that are too busy. But they need a lot more safeguards to try and prevent these major frustrations. If a player meets any of certain criteria (in combat, have certain progress bars/timers such as with feasts, research, blooms, etc.) they shouldn’t be moved until things are done. It might not fix every situation, but it’d be better than nothing.

3 Likes

Agree. Completing Fyrakk’s Fury is about a 50/50 crap-shoot with whether or not you will get reset after hitting 100%. I even had Shade reset while fighting him. I have never run into the issue on a Superbloom though.

We don’t want your new content Blizzard, when you can’t keep your current content running even reasonably well.

The only humor to be found here is that it’s called a shard. We shall change the last letter to a T.

1 Like