Please, FIX scaling for crying out loud

I’m losing patience:

https://twitter.com/WatcherDev/status/1298294193773633537

“When it’s done, you’ll likely feel a bit weaker due to Corruption’s removal (8.3 content tuned around Corruption will be rebalanced, but the rest of the game wasn’t built with that in mind) but otherwise you should be able to solo what you could at 120”

Meanwhile, im unable to solo many mythic bosses i could solo, and the few i can still solo take too damn long(garothi mythic takes like over 5 mins when i could down it under 3 mins before). To say nothing of BFA outer world content(8.3 rares and even 8.0 elite WQ stuff for example…) or isle expeditions now feeling incredibly sluggish to do compared to before(and its not just because of aoe caps or lack of corruptions either, squish favored mobs a lot more instead of players or making it even). And before you tell me its because of corruptions, there has been many many MANY posts proving its not a case of “corruption gone so scaling is as it should be”(https://imgur.com/a/gckF8SI for example…)

We got much weaker, can’t even solo what we could before or takes so long its not even funny. WHEN ARE WE EVER GETTING A FIX FOR THIS? WAITING FOR LEVEL 60 IS NOT ACCEPTABLE WHEN ION PROMISED WE WOULDN’T NEED TO.

22 Likes

Remember how all of the people defending the level squishing saying the only thing that would change is numbers?

Yea…

22 Likes

And unfortunately, those are still around despite the fact they still defend a lie, so yeah. Sad

4 Likes

I was killing raid bosses before without corruption so technically I should be just fine according to watcher. edit: I’m not, in fact it’s not worth the repair bills to even enter the zones anymore or try mobs I used to easily slaughter.

6 Likes
2 Likes

Aren’t more people pushing further in M+ now? Especially with how they nerfed affixes.

1 Like

I mean, this has happened with every single squish. It’ll be fixed by us being overpowered next expansion, at the very latest, so I doubt they’ll work on it at all.

2 Likes

This had nothing to do with the level squish lol…
This has happened with all three ilvl/stat squishes, and we also lost corruption which was a HUGE source of power obviously.

They clearly didn’t hit the target of “it should be the same before minus corruption.”
But they likely aren’t going to fix it at this point.
The expansion comes out in 2 weeks and it will not be a concern any further.

There are bigger fish to fry in the first delayed expansion ever.

4 Likes

That’ll be awesome when that time comes but what are we supposed to do until then, twiddle our thumbs? I ran those raids not because they were challenging but because I was tired of fighting others for mogs/mounts. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

The progress of mankind has given us many things. Advancements in the fields of science, medicine, engineering, it has taken us to the Moon and to the depths of our oceans, it has allowed us to treat the untreatable, operate on the inoperable, but it all pales in comparison to

Slow-mo popcorn timeeeeeee

3 Likes

Wouldn’t be a issue if Ion didn’t promise via twitter that we could solo during prepatch if it was soloable before. Hint: Its not even remotely true given the massive power nerf to players, even when you don’t account corruption.

Translation: I have no reason to play the expac because it takes a patch to destroy player power in order to force them to play next expac if they want the power back.
Pretty sad honestly. Whats even the point of leveling and getting gear if they will just make us weaker on a follow up prepatch(Its nothing new to see this power reduction in a prepatch, but previous ones at least fixed it quick or made it less glaring VS this one where the power reduction goes around 50% or even lower to what it was before when you compare content and the damage values, even when corruption is not accounted for). Hell even 8.0, a MASSIVE trainwreck prepatch release with bugs everywhere even by prepatch standards, fixed scaling about 10 days later or less depending on the content and for the content that was still overtuned, it was less so compared to this prepatch where the power gap is so huge compared to before without corruption, that its not even funny

4 Likes

If that is your “translation” we are speaking two very different languages.
Is the only thing in the game that interests you transmog farming?

3 Likes

I like when my toon gets stronger and to get a sense of progression. Thats a RPG road, so when i get massively hit with a nerf and they increase mobs hp and damage, it goes into fake difficult/longetivity. Because It doesn’t offer new challenge for new rewards, it makes existing challenges longer or worse to do for no good reason and the same rewards. A thing i DESPISE on a RPG is my character made weaker without anything i can do on my end. Thats one of the most important things to keep in mind: on a RPG, the MC needs to always grow in power. Nerfs to overpowered stuff or tuning are to be expected, but having the hero suddenly struggle against what he faced before without increased rewards to compensate is nothing short of a farce. Its not just mog runs either, island expeditions, outer world rares and elites, etc.

5 Likes

Its all stuff that was easy anyway though.
We are talking about very low difficulty content or stuff that was not designed to be soloed in the first place like old raids.
They failed hitting their mark.
But it wont matter in 2 weeks.

If you would considering quitting the game over that, then you probably should.
They have WAY more important things to worry about right now with Shadowlands.

Like making sure the content that is MEANT to be challenge works properly.

1 Like

As i have already stated, this was to be expected with lazy development such as the ones we get in 2019-2020 blizzard.

https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/prepatch-woes/189907/15

2 Likes

If you want to have “fun” step into the Trial of Valor. My daughter and I went in there and fighting the first two mobs together was miserable. We finally gave up and called out because it took too long to get them down.

3 Likes

If the scaling continues to be like this they will lose more subs I think.

3 Likes

I like how you kinda look like Rain from Mortal Kombat.

1 Like

Thanks! It’s all the purple.

2 Likes

Ion told us that knowing it wasn’t true, but thinking that…

1. Everybody in the game had stacked bis corruptions by that point and had forgotten what it was like to play without them;
  2. We can’t actually make observations and draw conclusions from them. If we are told, “It was just the corruption removed”, we’ll believe it even if we are weaker than before corruption existed, or if those characters never used corruption at all.
4 Likes