Please Fix PvP MMR Like You're Addressing M+ Ladder Issues

I really wish Blizzard would address the MMR issues plaguing the ladder right now. They are pretty quick to address issues with M+ ranking so players can push for titles. Why can’t we push for our titles in PvP?

Please bump this post so we can get their attention.

Thanks.

10 Likes

Hmm. I’m not sure if the PVP ladder is affected in a similar way to the keystone ladder, although I guess more MMR to push everybody up a bit would probably get some more people playing now.

You can take it in the same mentality though. MMR cap in a m+ sense would basically be you can’t do anything above a +12 until blizzard allows it. It doesn’t occur in pve, and it just needs to go away in pvp for the prolonged health of the game

1 Like

I love that everyone isnt running around 2400+, makes the 2400 achieve more valuable and actually kinda makes glad mount prestigious again.

2 Likes

This nerf to M+ dungeons is essentially making high-level keys significantly easier so players outside the ‘god comp’ can push for their titles. They had to do this because when they released aug evokers, it created such an imbalance in M+ that that comp was so far ahead of everyone. It essentially locked everyone except, aug, hpal, guardian druid, fire mage, and shadow priest from achieving a R1 title.

To recap, there was an issue with the ladder and people achieving their rewards so Blizzard is trying to implement a fix. Do you see the similarities now? It’s not 1 for 1 similarities, but it doesn’t need to be.

The reality is there’s a problem with pvp ladder rewards and MMR and we need a fix.

1 Like

Kind of. They released aug and for a two week period of easy affixes people played the best comp at the time to high times and then they nerfed a lot of the numbers of the comp.

So naturally they’d kind of have to nerf boss/npc health a bit after something lik ethat.

The situations aren’t really similar, but buffing mmr would get more people playing, yeah.

Do you even play M+? Look at Raider IO and look at M+ rating distributions and you’ll see what I’m talking about. This was not the result of a two-week period of ‘easy affixes.’

The community is also continuing to play the same comp even after the initial nerf, again you can look at Raider IO and take a look at the great push. They are nerfing it again to address this AND they are nerfing keys beyond 20 to help with the ladder situation.

I’m not trying to argue about the differences between M+ ladder and PvP. As there are obvious differences.

The point of this post is that there are issues with the PvE M+ Ladder and the issues are being addressed in a fast manner. While the same is not occurring for PvP ladder issues.

That’s the reality.

1 Like

fact is and things of that nature

Um… these two situations are completely different. If you want an MMR injection, that’s fine, advocate for that. Comparing it to the M+ situation, where is was essentially impossible for anyone to push for title at all, is not the same.

That sounds familiar…

It’s not. Nothing is stopping you from pushing for titles. Whereas the fact that God comp was immensely OP in keys made it so that anyone who didn’t abuse the comp before the nerfs would never reach the same IO as players who did abuse the comp. Your comparison doesn’t work… at all.

Lack of participation, R1s at low CR/MMR gatekeeping glad, etc.

The community has been discussing this for months now. There is clearly issues with the 3v3 ladder.

1 Like

None of which makes it impossible to push titles the same way it was impossible to push the M+ title.

Sure, but comparing it to what happened in PVE doesn’t make sense. And since the crux of your argument is based around that, this isn’t doing a good job of persuading I’m afraid.

Since you’re not reading my comments and just being argumentative. You’re not really providing any value to this post so I’ll just leave it at that.

Technically it wasn’t impossible to push for M+ title, you just needed to play the right comp. :wink:

I read your OP before you edited it. That’s what I was replying to. Thank you for goal post shifting.

Except the “right comp” was obscenely OP and got nerfed. After it was nerfed, no one could push to the same key level that they could push to before nerf. It was numerically impossible.

And this is why you shouldn’t make the comparison. It doesn’t make sense.

It also has to do with the state of pvp and it losing a significant amount of players, making it even harder to get 2400+. Wish they would address that and fix it so that pvp wouldn’t just keep dying.

1 Like

game ded xd

2 Likes

ya idk man open up accessibility, if that dont work idk gg

blizzard has to be on the ball more, leaving monk and hpal in the gutter for 2+ yrs was not ok. They do that with so many specs…

If they’re going to leave specs in the gutter that long then u need to open up accessibility

The game is in a very overdeveloped state and I think its clear that they dont play pvp nor any healer for that matter.

Not really. They waited for MDI and saw everyone playing the same comp and still waited two weeks after group stages for any nerfs.

The nerfs also didn’t target the correct stuff to nerf, as exodia comp is still the #1 comp. Not sure why people act like PvE has issue and it gets fixed right away, there are so many things in PvE that players have been begging for weeks to get fixed even going back to S1 of DF.

There’s this gnome I see from time to time with the season 1 glad mount and honor level 7, and I always think to myself “surely this is a hard working, top of the line PvPer who put in much effort to earn that mount last season.”