Please fix forum

Simply for bad words turn them into asterisks for “chat filter”. This is how Classic used to play. Right now forum simply won’t let you post anything unless you clear it out to PG-3 level of Ned Flanders. Many of us talk using language that apparently is “not allowed”. This is definitely not how classic was.

Please fix,
Thank you

11 Likes

When I type a curse word it appears in all asterix. Watch:

hunter2

See?

3 Likes

They also let half the index be cluttered with guild advertisement. You can report these threads all day long if you want, but they don’t do squat about it. I’m tempted to start making my own, like several per day, just to waste more space. Maybe then they’d be inclined to finally clean this place up.

1 Like

So… Drain…
You want to … flush it all away?
Giggles

3 Likes

Why would you report guild recruitment? They aren’t spamming them.

3 Likes

“What can I ding-dong-diddily-do for you?” Forum Police

1 Like

Ignoring a problem does not fix it.

What is the problem in the first place?

1 Like

its not that hard to say what you need to say without cursing

6 Likes

Until they add a Classic guild recruitment forum, it is understandable for people to post classic guild recruitment adverts on the classic discussion forums imo.

4 Likes

The benefit of a forum is the fact that posts linger, and can be reread as many times as necessary, so one does not need to repeat themselves.

I hardly ever see anyone re-post their guild forums.

3 Likes

Unfortunately they ban you for that also…

If you were to use a bunch of nonsense characters in place of some sort of cuss word and some one were to report you then you would get a vacation…

“profanity masked or disguised” blah blah blah…

AKA, Lame excuses made by a soft society of the weak. (no offense to the soft and weak).

11 Likes

I got a ban for saying ****

4 Likes

wow thought I posted this for a second

1 Like

1 Like

The forum filter is not even remotely limited to cursing. This forum filters and censors completely benign words simply because a certain part of the culture considers them politically incorrect.

4 Likes

“Truly intelligent people do not have to use words like this to express themselves. Please show the world you’re as smart as we think you are.”

– Will Smith’s Grandma

3 Likes

Yeah, a generation of hyper sensitive wimps run the world now. I tried to name my stress test character Dingl3b3rry and it was flagged. So lame.

2 Likes