Please fix archaeology

Have copied over characters to PTR to test several tinfoil hat strats.

1. Not learning anything from a specific race until 450
  2. Simply just plowing through shear number of solves after learning

Copied a character onto PTR 100x each with max troll/dwarf fragments. Both variants were done as well. 1 character fresh 450 and 1 character that I leveled normally.

Not once did I see either of the epic weapons on those characters. Which means that the chance to spawn those artifacts is <1%. That is worse than most Diablo grinds.

I enjoy playing your game and a level of grind that is involved, but this is too much, too excessive. Please fix this. I’m sure the lucky people who have gotten theirs if will down vote this if they get this far, but anyone else I know will love this information and will wish for the same thing.

84 Likes

The epics having a low chance to appear is not news in the slightest

13 Likes

i dont think people would be upset about this being changed. The grind is awful for items that will last maybe 1 phase?

24 Likes

They just need to add some form of bad luck protection so people aren’t going to 500+ max level solves without getting anything of value. It’s a terribly designed system and the Classic team should have known better than to implement it as is.

35 Likes

Hopefully this post gets enough traction and they see it and make a change.

9 Likes

Well it makes sense for them to be very rare, the dungeon alternetives are fine.

6 Likes

They don’t use forums for suggestions. It’s either use feedback function or social media. Despite the insane outcry instead of doing a server reset early they make us sit around with absolute garbage pvp for a week. They don’t give two s***s about changes until it can be abused then it’s all hands on deck.

1 Like

You invested no time and have the shield and got the staff in under 40 solves the only people that should have a voice are those that spent 200+ solves and got nothing.

4 Likes

Okay think what you want but the dungeon alternatives aren’t that much worse than the Archaeology items. If I hadn’t gotten the staff and still didn’t throughout the pre-patch I’d settle for the dungeon alternative because I know that the difference in DPS is 1-3%.

You shouldn’t disregard my opinon just because RNG favoured me more than it did you.

2 Likes

There is a pretty large gap between dungeon alternative and archaeology staff/sword. 1 is literally bis and the other is “pre-heroic raid” bis.

4 Likes

There’s a 4% dps difference between Zin’rokh/Whitefin, I wouldn’t call that large.

2 Likes

Doubt. Show your math or source please. One post ago it was 1-3% now it’s 4% so you’re just making stuff up I assume.

2 Likes

Yeah, 1-3% as a general rule for all item alternatives, the 4% I used for Zin’rokh and the Whitefin Axe is from a friend of mine doing a sim comparing the two for an UH DK.

https://wowsims.github.io/cata/death_knight/unholy/

Look for yourself.

2 Likes

i wonder if your take would be different if you were still digging 200+ solves. No one really knows the drop chance but I will take a wild guess and say its under 1%

3 Likes

I think it’d be the same, I know the items are rare and that I got lucky but that doesn’t mean that I’d consider the dungeon alternatives as something that should be looked at as a badge of being unlucky.

I don’t think the Classic devs have the skill required to change a parameter value for archeology loot tables :skull:

They’re still trying to figure out what PTR is for :skull:

1 Like

what if its working as intended? yes its annoying af

1 Like

everyone in my guild is grinding… everyone on the class discords are grinding… I don’t think the grind should be this bad. I’ve seen people with over 1k solves and still don’t have sword/staff

8 Likes

They probably haven’t paid for the Archaeology boost from the cash shop :skull:

1 Like

You really want to buy progression don’t you.