Please fix archaeology

I really want you to go outside once in awhile and touch grass too. It’s healthy for you.

1 Like

It’s 8:15pm, I’d rather stay inside.

No one forces anyone to min/max n this game. Its 1% players should be aware of that and be prepared for the “grind”.

3 Likes

As a 16 year wow player…people do NOT want to grind for an item that will be briefly used…again. You’ve dummied down the legendarys, class tool kits, etc…why is archeology this way? Please reconsider this.

Also, please put a little more effort into a patch release. No clue what you all were thinking, but this is piss poor.

Please respect the cataclysm player base as it was really looking forward to this release…and the amount of effort show on your behalf is ridiculous.

Please, take the classic player base a little more seriously and show a little more respect of people’s time as well.

I get it, there’s not much revenue being made, there’s no E-sports being produced… but, were a part of the community and deserve a little respect and attention too.

13 Likes

Feels like we are just creating the next big bot opportunity with archo. Guess they gotta keep those guys in business somehow.

Nearly 200 troll solves and no sword. I’ve seen people reporting well over 500 solves without it. This is absolutely insane and needs to be fixed.

1 Like

I see mr. nonsense has shown up to spew garbage and :poop: on the forums. Surprised it took you this long.

1 Like

I think in the original they stated that the epics would be too rare for raiders to worry about it. That said they knew people would try so it was somewhat of a cruel joke on raiders.

Okay, if there isn’t a difference, it should be fine for blizzard to just put in bad luck protection. If it’s trivial either way, then why not?

4 Likes

I’m a warlock for Cataclysm. I got the sword after ~110 total solves from all races. It’s ridiculous that there are people in my guild with 500+ troll solves that don’t have it. I’ve given up farming the staff because of the dwarf zones that still spawn in Twilight Highlands making it so that they’re extremely rare in the rest of Eastern Kingdoms compared to other races.

I’ve watched every healer in my raid get Valanyr twice over while it was relevant content. I’ve seen every 2H weapon user get Shadowmourne and now every OS that wants it has it too. These items should be the crown jewels of WOTLK that are considered feats of strength to acquire and the legends of players who wielded them should feel powerful instead of trivial, but instead we handed them out like candy.

Why is Archaeology the place Blizzard decided to draw the line in the sand and stick to “these are very rare items you shouldn’t expect to get them?” Pure laziness. We know bad luck protection exists in this game along with a lot of other weird loot algorithms based on which player seeded the raid. Just increase the drop rate… fix the dwarf sites… and do it now before people that have sunk thousands of gold and hundreds of hours digging themselves into oblivion have their initial Cataclysm experience ruined by this ridiculous RNG.

10 Likes

I mean it provides a grind for mostly fun items and lore, it’s prebis at best and will be replaced within 2-3 weeks of doing heroics and raids. It’s really not a big deal

1 Like

If you raid heroic and know you can full clear on heroic, then I’m pretty sure the weapon off Nef would be phase BIS.
It has the same stats as Zin and using a 5 man heroic weapon until then isn’t the end of the world. Plus the normal version of it is the same, just more balanced crit and hit.
If you don’t get it within the first like 100-200 solves, I wouldn’t worry about it and just save my mental wellness.

Shoutout to the 100% completionists who aren’t done after they get sword/staff. We’ve got 1/458 x3 (before Tol’vir, even) to contend with for Staff, Doll, Sword. It’s a choice, sure, but there are other parts of the game I’d like to devote time to. Currently 615 solves out of ~2k

For context, we have to regrind all the goblin reputations to Exalted from max Hated after Cataclysm re-introduced reputations that affect Bloodsail Buccaneers. The Archeology grind is longer.

You assume heroic weapon will drop in 2-3 weeks and you as 1/8 casters will get it. Most guilds will not be able to clear heroics right away.

1 Like

Blizzard please stop leaving rakes on the ground for me to step on my face is all bruised and bleeding.

I don’t think anyone’s asking for free loot as some are implying in this thread while being facetious - even something like a “0.1% or 0.01% chance increase of the next rare of that type for every solve” would make it feel like the grind has an actual end in sight. Any type of RNG protection like that.

As it stands is can very easily be a near endless grind, or at least last well into the point where the weapons are no longer meaningful which kinda ruins the entire point of the system.

6 Likes

why is this profession still like this
#somechanges

9 Likes

This is so perfectly said

1 Like

You guys still have 2 weeks of time to grind. Dont worry you got this.

I mean, thematically it makes sense. With the legendaries they’re made from items and materials that are hard to get but you know they’re there. With archaeology artifacts you’re literally digging around the entire planet until you accidentally stumble on one