Please dont let raider IO or anything like it into classic

Please keep the community feel of classic and dont bring that crap into classic wow. Raider IO is ruining retail wow PvE and it would truly be a shame (especially with absence of cross realm) if raider Io was a thing in classic.

How would you ever get groups if you joined classic 6 months in when everyone has cleared MC and won’t group with you because you don’t have some random number beside your name on a 3rd party site?

33 Likes

I honestly hope they break ANY Add-on that is not a UI mod.

UI changes are fine… adjust your raid tabs and action bar stuff all you want… but everything else is not available to the base game.

DPS meter does not exist in the base game, why let a third party add-on give you an advantage like that?

Same as a threat meter!

It should be a part of skill to manage and gauge your threat instead of just looking at a bar. That is what a player w/o an add-on has to do.

Third party add-ons should never be a requirement to play the game effectively.

25 Likes

It’s classic/vanilla, they aren’t required.

2 Likes

Oh really, so how exactly were healers healing raid members in the early stages of Vanilla’s release? It wasn’t until several major patches in before you could target raid members from the raid social menu. A (Default Client) Raid UI with health bars(never mind what, if any debuffs they had) didn’t exist until BWL.

2 Likes

In Vanilla my guild required certain addons for raiding. It made sense, the tools were there. It was mostly a boss mod, a threat meter, decursive (sp?), things of that nature.

5 Likes

People were using threat meters, dps meters, and decursive back in vanilla. It was required for raiding.

16 Likes

It wont be in Classic b/c - Raider IQ > Raider IO.

You’re not just a number and a clone. You’re an individual whose ability / decision making matters.

2 Likes

Ugh, the meters were a love/hate thing even then, particularly for any raid/guild that wasn’t trying to be hardcore.

It was more of a hate thing all considered. The “modern meters” I probably would have loved, for much the same reason the people who made me hate the old ones loved the Vanilla meters so much. Tracking for overheal and overkill? Yes please.

The old meters tracked overhealing

1 Like

No they didn’t? The combat log didn’t report back on either overheal, or “overkill” (only really relevant on AOE packs) in Vanilla’s day.

I know for a fact they did cause I used them. We had 1 priest who always insisted on using greater heal till it was shown to him that he was always sitting at around 60% overhealing.

4 Likes

The combat log did not report on overheal until TBC. There were (post-processing) ways to infer overheal using combat logs(as player health pools were known, even if the rest wasn’t), but they weren’t particularly reliable due to the 40 yard range limitations of combat logs at the time and numerous other factors (lag) as well.

I remember being in a raid alliance and contending with a certain Guild in the Alliance that was more PvP centric and more elitist than we initially thought. They held their pocket Priest as a god among healers because he was always on top of the healing meters and never pulled aggro, even without the PvE threat reduction talents.

Meanwhile I have every threat reduction available in the game, and I’m managing to pull aggro in certain encounters(Firemaw), some trash pulls, etc. Despite his regularly being nearly about 25% ahead of me on the healing meter for those fights because of my “weird issue”… (I was usually #2 or #3 on that same list)

I don’t remember seeing a “overheal” tracker in damage meters back then, or at least one I considered to be worth anything. Otherwise we would have been reaming him a new one on that particular stat. Doubly so for how we handled Firemaw, as “out of (combat log) range” wouldn’t have flown very far in that case.

The same could be said about threat meters, that doesn’t mean they didn’t basically work and that people didn’t use them.

I remember having a threat meter but that was about it. There were other addons, I just didn’t use them.

1 Like

They had raider IO already in Classic.

“Meet at the Ironforge Bridge/On top of Orgrimmar Bank for inspect.”

You’re still not getting in that pug with greens unless you’re a healer.

9 Likes

Yeah…I don’t know why people think that if raderio didn’t exist the world would suddenly become happy rainbow puppy kisses where everyone is welcome in every raid and its only about fun.

6 Likes

Some of the most stuck up pretentious dbag gamers I ever met were in vanilla/BC who thought they were hot stuff just because they had epics.

I literally had someone from a high end guild claim he was generally a better person than everyone and we should kiss his feet just because he had lowered himself to pugging with us.

2 Likes

He likely was better from a objective point of view… Unless he was playing poorly or a rather weak class like hunter he simply hits harder, tanks better ,and heals more depending on his role.

People pointing out obvious things doesn’t make them dbags as you put it… it makes them honest.

3 Likes

Nope I’m saying this guy straight up said I’m a better person than you and deserve special treatment just because of my epics and the guild i’m in.

Needless to say he was kicked and replaced and not missed.

And yes that was a pretty flagrant example that kind of attitude but it was there in general in vanilla.

2 Likes

Addons like Gearscore and Raider .io have been a cancer in Retail WoW. Elevating some and demoralizing others base on arbitrary metrics such as item level or whatever. These items cannot guage how good a player is or if they have a decent attitude, attendance, preparedness; you know, things that really matter in a party/raid comp. Elitism has unfortunatly always been a thing in Warcraft, be we don’t need ways to help people reinforce it. Teach, train, and elevate your fellow players, you never know how deep their potential can run if you dont give them a chance.

6 Likes