Please dont bend to the streamers will on hardcore realms

Or classic players are generally trash at staying alive? Just play smart

3 Likes

This would be very easy to do. Put the SoI buff guy in Era. If you get to 60 with the buff intact you win. You can play normally there and the addon players can play the HC server. If you die you can delete or go to the buff guy and have it removed and continue playing. No need for Blizz to make exceptions, give transfers etc.
Problem solved.

2 Likes

yes, the AH could be restricted at lvl 1-59 to just common trade good items such as leather and gems and whatnot. At 60, the full AH could open up for use.

just eliminating trade entirely is the correct decision. but I’m willing to experiment with compromise solutions :expressionless:

3 Likes

although when I think about it, this opens the door to gold buying by some guy taking $$ and telling you to put up a piece of leather for 9999g and he’ll buy it out :expressionless:
so there would have to be things like price caps and number of auction caps to stop this
and it gets more and more complicated.
soo we’re back to the best idea being ban trade entirely.

1 Like

No mail, trade, and AH is stupid.

If you remove mail/trade/AH you’re left with finding gear and just going slower to 60. That’s not a challenge that’s just a mathematical time sink.

Now on the other hand if you want the adventure without bots and RMT there just has to be item and price controls set by blizzard vendors. They can sell greens every 10 level interval at low set prices.

Players would have some gear to help on the way but not trivialize the run and make it so the gear isn’t optimal stats so the items found in the world are rewarding.

so are all your posts :expressionless:

1 Like

a Xaryu simp detected, i have a good solution for petri flask, link the group lives to the tank, if the tank dies you all will die with him. Because DPS will abandon the healer while using their tools for scaping while the real HC people (tanks and healers) keep dying because the specs are not good for a scape.

also if you nerf petri fix the “pathing” and let mobs just go trough the walls because “kiting” or “reseting aggro” is not HC, Using HS while your group runs and dies is not HC, going out of the dungeon while your group is getting deleted IS NOT HC.

2 Likes

you’re required to do better Eyr :expressionless:

Some how you think you playing SOM validates anything you say when many of us played original in 2004, and private servers, and classic, and SOM, … give it a rest, you’re not an authority on anything and if anything are a bandwagon player that will eventually be on board with changes most experienced classic players have identified as needing to be changed.

I played original in 2004 as well. That’s why I find all the whining about how I didn’t play classic to be hollow. :expressionless:

1 Like

and for some reason I’m compelled to call you a liar. you’ve lied about playing classic and only SOM and then repeat anything HC players say like a parrot. lol

You’re calling me this when I literally made this thread to ask blizzard to NOT do what he’s suggesting, lol ok.

And no, I disagree, the only solution for petri flask is to remove petri flask. Petri flask being used how it is in hardcore is 100% not the intended use for it when it was originally made, it is also a get out of jail free card for people who make mistakes that would kill them.

The point of HC is to put yourself in a world where death matters. where one mistake, one act of carelessness can have you lose everything. trading with other people is not antithetical to that philosophy, in fact I would say it’s a big part to have a community of trusted survivors who work together to overcome the dangerous world.

BUT the petri flask, which is still allowed by the addon, and could EASILY be added as a rule to the addon just like bubble hearthing, IS antithetical to a hardcore game. Why is it that at level 60 it’s ok to remove risk? if anything getting raid gear and high level dungeon gear should present a bigger risk than leveling up, but ironically with items like petri flask, you almost NEVER see level 60 players die, which is just bizarre when the point of the game is to have a dangerous world where mistakes and bad luck can cost you your character.

This is why I legit don’t get why people are so afraid of trading, they think that the average player is going to magically get be able to level past level 15 with a an enchanting level of 150 instead of 75, because they were able to trade a blacksmith for a silver rod, or that the green they bought off the AH for half their money that gives them +2 more agility.

The irrational fear of “oh in 6 months the AH is going to be flooded with mooncloth bags and insane enchants for lowbies and this is going to ruin hardcore” is insane to me. There are a few problems with this that everyone seems to conveniently just ignore.

1. These items will be extremely expensive
    a new player making their first character to level up to 60 wouldn’t be able to afford these items. So the only people who would benefit are alts, and if someone has already made it to 60 why shouldn’t they be allowed to help their alt?

2. Many of the enchants and item recipes and materials require you to do level 60 dungeons and raids.
    And as I said earlier, one of the biggest ACTUAL problems with current HC is that with items like the petri flask it makes raiding and high level dungeons way less risky, which is why maybe some people are afraid of items getting on the AH for cheap, but remove those get out of jail free mechanics and those items are going to be way rarer, as if say your crafter dies they’re going to lose all those recipes and the guild/community that relied will have to start over.

3. Those items don’t guarantee you’ll survive to 60.
    we’ve seen plenty of hardcore deaths where no matter what items the player had they were going to die. Also as you level up, the value of those enchants quickly drop. So you may blaze through levels 1-20, but unless they can constantly supply gear to their alts which cost them a ton of gold/mats time, and this is strictly talking about the super high level items and enchants, a couple of new level appropriate greens to an alt aren’t a big deal.

4. destroying the economy and low level experience/community and social interactions to prevent alts of level 60 players from “twinking” is insane.
Lets think about this rational. currently the number of people who reach 60 using the addon, is a fraction of a percentage of the HC playerbase. These are generally the people who play for more than 6 hours a day, everyday. the average person who can’t even currently make it past level 15 isn’t going to be using ANY of these items.

I rambled, but I want the HC server to actually be a fun and enjoyable experience. I’m on a serer right now, which has no real economy, and it is just awful. I’ve played with the hardcore addon and it’s fun, but the restrictions are purely because there isn’t a dedicated server, not because they’re an essential part of hardcore. As I said, duos and trios invalidate the argument that trading shouldn’t be allowed, if those are allowed.
Real actual antithetical items to hardcore like the petri flask are still allowed but you guys are worried about jimmy buying a green from the AH for a good chunk of his money to replace a grey.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t worry about it. There’s no way Blizzard would actually do more work than just turning off the ability to resurrect. If people want to impose further restrictions on themselves, they can use their addon. If they don’t, they can just play as normal.

2 Likes

Thats because hardcore ironically caters to the ultra casual type of mmos players.

The type of players that typically never succeed in endgame in mmos because they play mostly solo with an inconsistent schedule, they dont raid or pvp at a high level or care about optimizing their character, they just play the game according to their own whims not following any meta.
These kinds of players see hardcore as something to strive for thats actually approachable for them because they can just continue playing the game the way they always have, just more carefully.

3 Likes

this, honestly :expressionless:
none of this debate matters

No thanks. Whats good for the game is making it less restrictive and letting people choose what goals to go for.

Enjoy!

Hmmm. Maybe just get rid of spirit healers let soulstones and player resses work. Allow trades but no mail and ah, it all has to be face to face. Its not true hardcore but i think that would be fun.

Regardless of what happens, I don’t care, but I say the same thing to you that you would say to those on the other side of the argument if there are no restrictions at all:

Don’t like it, don’t play it

Yes, you’ll likely be weaker, so it’ll be a little more difficult.

So making it more difficult isn’t challenging … okay
Kinda weird how people want more difficult raids, because they want more challenge. Seems silly since it’s just,

No?

1 Like

ok everything is fine but my point is that HC in dungeons is just not fair for tanks and healers, they without petri can’t scape the dungeon, some things go wrong there are bugs in game, specially with some patrols. we all know that 99% of rogues in a bad situation will just sprint vanish HS and good luck, they won’t cc, they won’t help the tank / healer for scaping the dungeon. Hunters the same, mages of course and they are classes thay may help but they won’t.

the risk is always there even with petri people will die.

if tanks / healers can’t scape the dungeon, DPS should not be able to leave the dungeon where the other people is just dying while saving them, thats my point.

1 Like

You’re dishonest because you never compare apples to apples.

Playing the game as intended players take on mobs that are their level and +2 levels, even +5 levels with groups.

HC players almost ALWAYS are killing mobs -1 to -4 their level, so green mobs.

The scale of difficulty is large and you are lying through your teeth when you claim green gear will trivialize content. HC killing mobs -1 to -4 levels isn’t difficult it isn’t a challenge it’s a simple mathematical problem. Low risk on lower level mobs translating to longer road to 60.

Most people at HC players (self-handicapped) die when they play the MMO as intended. :rofl: