Please dont bend to the streamers will on hardcore realms

Please don’t restrict trading/AH/mailbox on hardcore realms, for the average player not being able to trade is awful.

I dont want to do solo-self found

39 Likes

Im not a streamer and i want those restrictions. Its for the good of the game.

29 Likes

Then go play on classic Era OP.

You wouldn’t have the HC server if it wasn’t for the work of those who made the rules In the first place.

Jesus you guys can’t play a tough game to save your lives. :person_facepalming:t2:

14 Likes

don’t like it, don’t play it
i hope you’re right that this is a streamer thing, because then blizzard will most likely listen to them as always :expressionless:
trading is the root of all evil

9 Likes

then at least allow us to be able to create special characters with restrictions and a special “flair” ingame to show that we are not dirty traders

1 Like

yes, I demand a title like < Real Hardcore > or < True Hardcore > etc.
to differentiate us from the filth :expressionless:

:grimacing:

6 Likes

go play default classic bro, its the same thing as what you want, just try not to die…
the whole point of hardcore is to make it more challenging .
there is no challenge if you can just trade everything lol, you wont have to do any hard quests for rewards, you wont have to do anything but farm green level mobs for gold.
Boring gameplay, bad opinion.

if they make an ah and its for profession reagents only thatd be ok i guess

10 Likes

Those restrictions are for us…the casual non-streamers so that the game stays fun and is not a pay to win nightmare…

9 Likes

If you think Classic Hardcore is a “tough game” if it doesn’t allow a functioning economy I don’t know what to tell you. Many quests and professions are built around players trading with each other, and the biggest issue with the rules being added to hardcore was because it was on a server that wasn’t 100% hardcore players i.e. limitations of the addon to prevent non hardcore people from interacting with hardcore people. If everyone is hardcore there shouldn’t be an issue with trading, as you already have this with duos/trios.

It’s extremely short sighted to want to have no trading or economy for low level players. a player being able to make some green gear and putting it up for sale on the AH or buying bags from a tailor as opposed to buying bags from a vendor isn’t going to ruin the experience if said bags from the other player were created from a fellow hardcore player who had to risk their character to make the items.

Want to know what really ruins hardcore experience? petrification flask, yet somehow that is still allowed on the addon.

17 Likes

Just say that you want to buy gold lol no one will judge you…

3 Likes

I don’t want the restrictions purely because I don’t want to be pigeonholed into choosing between Alchemy or Engineering as my profession. Maybe a limited AH to trade goods or something?

2 Likes

I wouldn’t mind having Solo Self Found added as some kind of optional mode for those that want it.

Maybe something similar to the hardcore achievement available on SoM1 where you can get an achievement/title for not dying. But instead the achievements on the hardcore servers would be for reaching max level as solo self found.

Dude ,
Low level players are suppose to struggle.
That’s the point of hardcore.

I learned along time ago with this game that if there is a loophole , it will get abused…. And open trading , open mail, ect. Opens up a plethora of loopholes that will ruin the experience of what hardcore is meant to be.

I’m not saying tweek a few things , like, maybe allow trading with the same group of players you are in with a dungeon run, or a few other minor changes.

But, ( and you know what Benjen Stark says about the word but), if they cater to what you and OP are saying . Hardcore will be ruined after 3 months .

5 Likes

Yes, dying to random DCs and DDOS attacks that will 100% happen when these servers go live. That’s the only hard part of classic. You can literally kill crabs to level 60 if you want. This game is not hard. Coming from someone with multiply level 60s with no deaths.

Servers should be one life and everything else allowed.

5 Likes

Right? Paladins can’t bubble hearth, but you can petri flask and time out of a dungeon.

Hurrrrr durrrr

1 Like

Congratz on having “multiple” level 60’s.

Two things on that.

1, I don’t care .
2, since the average player dies at level 14 , I would say it’s “pretty hard” with the add on rules. :person_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

As I have said elsewhere, the HC servers should only have the one singular rule: don’t die.

Every other rule from the addon was made for the purpose of a solo challenge, or to protect the integrity of someone’s HC challenge (which is part of why no AH/trading is on there, despite how antithetical it is to Classic’s profession design).

People can still easily use the addon and its extra rules if they like. But it’s easier on everyone for the server’s base rule to be death = delete (or greying out, or providing an option to move the ‘dead’ character to a softcore realm, etc). That way, people can choose from there how exactly they want to approach their HC challenge.

Frankly, some of us just want the no-death part to be strictly enforced, but want to continue playing the game as normal. I’d be far less likely to roll on a HC realm if they put in some of the frankly pants-on-head rules from the addon as actual restrictions on the server. If I wanted all that nonsense, I could just roll on any current realm right now and have the addon running for the same experience.

Ideally, the server would have the one rule - and then, at character creation, you have a menu pop up with all the different kinds of restriction options, so you can fully tailor it to how you want to approach HC. I feel like this is sadly beyond Blizzard’s capabilities (and even less likely that they’d care to try even if it wasn’t), but it’d be the best way to approach it imo.

7 Likes

Meanwhile there’s 'hardcore’ players asking for a resurrect on a 2-3 month cooldown lol

1 Like

For some reason hardcore attracts a lot of clickers, back peddlers and people that don’t understand daze mechanics.

2 Likes