Please don't add forced lgbt representation

No, I don’t. All jokes are fair game for all people.

Meh I prefer consent with my humor among friends.

1 Like

If you start just spewing politically incorrect jokes out of nowhere in public unsolicited to people you don’t know (with one of the few exceptions being comedians) that doesn’t make you funny that just makes you look like a weird douche. I enjoy the occasional politically incorrect stuff, but it isn’t something you share with random people who have no idea if you’re serious or not. Those kind of jokes are for friends.

1. How is this any different than what we have with half the straight relationships in game?

2. You could also just, I don’t know, write more than this person is not straight to be with other not straight person.

The entire rest of this is one big Yikes.

Whats it matter who the parents are?

Also the half orc half Draenei I think you mean is Garona?

While we’re at it, what MMO’s have souless useless LGBT characters? (This is less against you I just don’t know any.)

Proper respect is due… I mean you can make some jokes that are generally off the table but you get what you get.

See you get it.

Jokes are more fun when everybody gets to laugh. Not just you

3 Likes

Man, as a Gen-Xer, we were cool with everybody. And watching these guys fight with everyone else? In just such a short time-frame? It’s such a jarring experience.

1 Like

What does generation even have to do with this thread tho?

Do you have any idea how it is to grow up with media portraying people that are LGBT, of color, of different culture and status.

And then 20 years go by, and everyone acts like it’s happening for the first time? Can you understand how crazy it feels to be me?

When I have to constantly link things saying, “No. We did this years ago, it’s not new. The world wasn’t some fallout wasteland before you were born”

1 Like

Ehhhh yes and no
Mass Effect wasn’t that long ago and media flipped OUT over the romance stuff to the point where Bioware had to cut out the gay stuff. ( Liara doesn’t count because blue? I dunno )

And stuff like “Kids in the Hall” was 30 years ago

Oh Kids in the Hall had lgbt stuff? I was a bit too young when that show was a thing

For the point you made. I think a lot of us are having that “oh this is NEW and exciting” feeling because we’re over the “First awkward few attempts” phase and getting actually decent stuff.

The fact that cartoons for kids can depict it now compared to back then is still a pretty big deal.

Blizz has already decided that LGBTQI+ identifying people exist in WoW. Theorising about “what ifs” doesn’t really matter when they currently exist in canon :rainbow_flag: :rainbow_flag:

2 Likes

Wait… How does anyone get pregnant in the first place? Babies magically appear in their mother’s womb, like Jesus?

1 Like

More american propaganda… /sigh

I spent one minute to google it and immediately found this on Wikipedia:

1997年3月14日,中华人民共和国全国人民代表大会修订《中华人民共和国刑法》,废除了模糊地将同性性行為入罪的流氓罪。

2001年4月20日,中华医学会精神科学会等制定的《中国精神障碍分类与诊断标准》第三版將“自我和谐型同性恋”從中刪除。这两个事件一般被认为标志着同性恋在中国的非罪化和非病理化

In case you’re too lazy to spend 5 seconds to translate that, I’ll do it for you, here:

On March 14, 1997, the National People’s Congress of the People’s Republic of China revised the “Criminal Law of the People’s Republic of China” to abolish the crime of hooliganism that vaguely criminalizes homosexual acts.

On April 20, 2001, the third edition of the “Chinese Mental Disorder Classification and Diagnosis Criteria” formulated by the Chinese Medical Association Psychiatric Association and others removed “self-congruent homosexuality” from it. These two events are generally considered to mark the decriminalization and non-pathology of homosexuality in China.

Source: https://zh.wikipedia.org/zh/%E4%B8%AD%E5%8D%8E%E4%BA%BA%E6%B0%91%E5%85%B1%E5%92%8C%E5%9B%BDLGBT%E6%9D%83%E7%9B%8A

As an LGBT person I don’t really care about representation for myself, but I definitely see how it’s beneficial for other people and could help a younger person become happier with them self.

3 Likes

Still, China is in NO place to be calling anyone out for dehumamizing acts. That much is true.

Huh?

Did you saw the quoted part in my post? I don’t think she mentioned anything about “calling anyone out for dehumanizing acts”.

I’m trying to tell you, you don’t want to be defending them, not for anything, not even regarding “rights” when they are a blight to humanity itself.

I better tread really carefully here, Blizzard is incredibly touchy regarding them.

1 Like

That’s how I see it.

It doesn’t actually help me personally, but hey, it doesn’t hurt anyone and it could be something that gives another person a lot of confidence, something to relate to. Nothing wrong with that.

1 Like

I’m not defending anything, I’m simply stating the facts.

Am I supposed to act like I don’t know anything about it and play along with misinformation even though I know that it’s not true?