Please don't add forced lgbt representation

To be sure… there are a lot of reasons to not like this concept… but yeah, if you look into the interviews done by the Author Melissa de la Cruze, the primary reason for making Alfred gay isn’t because it made sense thematically, but because of representation… same with making Bruce Chinese.

I have no problem with there being LGBTQ characters or other types of representation in a storyline… I just have an issue when those characteristics are presented as a primary characteristic of a character instead of as an aspect of said character that is presented naturally as part of story telling.

I think a good example of this gone wrong was making Sulu in the JJ Abrams version of Star Trek gay as a homage to George Takei. George Takei came out and said this was the wrong reason for making Sulu gay but that fell on deaf ears.

1 Like

This topic is temporarily closed for at least 24 hours due to a large number of community flags.

This topic was automatically opened after 20 days.

What exactly is wrong with representation though?

The system is weird.

Put LGBTQ+ representation in games or else you aren’t allowed to watch RuPaul’s Drag Race anymore, thems the rules I don’t make them.

Sashay away.

1 Like

It will never happen. Rumor has it that the Chinese company Tencent will cut ties with Blizzard if any such moves are made.

Interesting theory you have there.

I do have one question though… how do you suppose Blizzard is going to make a game where everyone feels welcomed? This isn’t Animal Crossing, ya know… It’s not as simple as slapping some LBGTQ+ label some place and all the problems are solved. Unfortunately people are way more complex. And sometimes ignorant. And other times unaccepting.

Sorry I don’t have any suggestions for making it better. I’m honestly a bit on the other side - I wish people didn’t have to feel so darn special all the time… and we would be just who we are. But I guess that’s a conundrum in and of itself, no?

It would be very difficult for them. This game having time travel is already pushing the limit with China.

Blizzard should stop making the game for private investors and begin making it for the player base.

A logical and perfectly understandable human being who’s asking for something perfectly logical and understandable?! Is humanity coming back on track? Are we becoming better humans now? You bring hope small one, i wish you great fortunes and let lady luck be ever at your side.

Yet people are going to church every Sunday congregating in the hundreds despite government orders. Those damn forced agendas! You sound STUPID

The only thing forced is this conversation. Unclench, buddy. I promise it’ll make life so much easier.

What’s interesting is that the Chinese government’s views on homosexuality actually has nothing to do with being opposed to people being gay/lesbian/bi/etc, but moreso being opposed to people organizing for LGBTQ+ events because they see anyone organizing as a potential threat to the CCP. Homosexuality in China was actually considered a completely normal facet of life all the way up until like 1840 when Western influence took over.

I imagine the CCP might view representation in games as “organizing”, that’s probably the case.

I’m working on an Achievement; ‘Getting around with the Shadowpan’, and while I accepted the Dailies, Chao The Voice sat nearby; a pretty Pandarin girl, meditating on a rock.

I talked to her and asked her to join me while I completed the Dailies, and she appeared by my side, a he! A burly male Panda.

I’m not sure if it’s a glitch, or if Chao The Voice is Trans. I’ll think he’s Trans, because representation is important. :slight_smile:

It’s not Illegal. In California it is mandated by law to have at least 1 woman on the board of directors of a corportation. This is exactly the definition of a quota, and this is extremely discriminatory to men, because it tells men and others that no matter how well you perform, a woman deserves the spot over you simply because she’s a woman. End of discussion. Just think about the fact that that is a law. Prejudice and sexism is legal and encouraged even in the governement.

Idk if any of you guys went to blizzcon but it is pretty bad there. they have diversity panels and one was called “bring a manager as a female” or something along the lines of that. LOL. Gross This is why games suck nowadays, diversity hires.

Im with you in that agenda. It doesnt need to be forced and pushed in our faces.

But, on the flip side whos to say that it wasn’t part of the overall plan all along? Its a far stretch to say for sure, but I mean it could be a possibility. We dont know for certain that it wasn’t.

inb4 my girl frostera. Please show up, I need your entertainment.

1 Like

I’m fine with LGBT representation in everything. Movies, books, video games, commercials, church services, public speaking. Throw it in there. A lot of people aren’t like me, and that’s probably for the best, tbh. They should be seen.

I would say, the way it’s done is subpar though. Got an LGBT couple? You need to have very large, neon signs and a foghorn announcing it. You can’t just have an LGBT couple, where nobody really remarks on it because it’s just normal. Have a bad guy (or gal, or person)? Well, just code them a little bit on the LGBT spectrum some place and that counts as representation. This is VIDEO GAMES people. You have to hamfist the sh!t out of it.

That said, I haven’t seen any of this supposed flood of LGBT themed or related content. I am suspicious of this push back.