Please don't add forced lgbt representation

As funny as that is and the shoe would fit, she did give him a new appearance that doesn’t seem to have affected how he performs in combat, so we may be past that.

I was surprised it happened too considering it was pretty inactive. I was waiting for this one to be locked since it was so heated.

I don’t care about romance in the game period. 0%. Whether it be straight, gay, trans, whatever you want, I don’t care for romance. It is out of place in the game.

“Agree with me or you’re a bigot”

4 Likes

I think you may want the Iliad then.

I fail to see how this is relevant.

Well let me lay it out for you then. You want a war story without all that fancy romance… It just seems fitting for you.

I am well aware of what the Iliad is about. I still fail to see how this is relevant to the situation.

Then maybe you can’t read?

In the tenth year of the Trojan War, priest Chryses asks the leader of the Achaians (King Agamemnon) to release his daughter which Agamemnon was holding captive. When Agamemnon refuses, the priest prays to the god Apollo to send a plague against the Achaians

After nine days of plague, the Achaians assemble again and demand that Agamemnon give the girl back. Agamemnon agrees, but only if he gets to take Briseis. (That’s the girlfriend of Achilleus, I’m sure you know his name.) Even though Achilleus gives her up, he becomes so angry about it that he refuses to fight any more.

Can you tell me where LGBT cues in among all of this? Because I haven’t got a clue.

Unless I got history wrong, of course.

I brought it up because you want a war story without all that romance. Well let me be specific. …without certain kinds of romance. So I figured this would be better for you. But seeing how you probably did an entire essay on it I guess you are already done with it.

Going to keep saying the same thing in different forms, by the way.

You did make me go back and look at your post though, so you can have that one.

Me thinks you’re just trying to pull a quick “GOtcha” moment but it’s failing miserably.

Also no, unless sylvanas is getting married or khadgar is going to his honeymoon, I don’t see how romance is relevant to the story of BfA or the upcoming shadowlands.

Um… I haven’t seen any in the game. How can it be forced if I don’t even know it exists?

What’s the issue again?

1 Like

Someone is concerned that if they add lgbtq+ representation it will be the forced kind where the characters involved are entirely defined by their sexuality or gender involved. So they were asking for them to not be forced into the game where it was not needed.

Personally I want more representation but I want it to be the not forced kind. Where that is a part of the character, hopefully an important character, and while its important to the character that it is not all that character is.

A few folk have said that there are already characters in game that fit this bill, though none of them seem to be important ones, and are mostly side quests where it is only hinted at in a tongue in cheek sort of way, or are so out of the way that you rarely see any of it.

I mean… it’s never “needed.” No type of romance or sexuality is necessary anywhere in Warcraft. Because it’s unnecessary, it will seem forced.

Can’t we just say Saurfang and Thrall had a lil romp in Nagrand?

I’d rather they not try to warp an already established character(s) into being lgbtq+ especially in that way. That’d literally be just to say they had something and its entirely in poor taste. Plus both of those characters have families already…

I keep telling you it is simple. Add some LGBT characters and wipe away the debt.

debt?

/10char

Real people with families and past heteronormative relationships come out of the closet all the time.

1 Like

Above here not too far, I actually point that out yes.

Still this would not be my preferred way to include representation.