Please don't add forced lgbt representation

as a transgender man I would love if there was any sort of representation in any of the media I consume. But there’s not.

Basic writing skills can write a character that is more than just a label. I don’t see why you don’t understand this or think that it can’t be done.

Perfection is the enemy of progress.

1 Like

That is a logical fallacy as you would never know if that were true or not.

Why do you need any representation? Are you insecure about who you are? Unsure of yourself?

God FORBID
I simply CAN’T enjoy Black Panther because aren’t enough WHITE PEOPLE in it.

I’m allowed to genuinely enjoy things even if I’m not directly represented.

I don’t need characters that look and act like me to feel included in a story. Hence, I play Warcraft as a 9ft tall amazonian goddess lady.

3 Likes

Okay Boomer.

1 Like

Yes it’s business but that person doesn’t “suck”. They just don’t want to do something they are uncomfortable with. It’s like the baker who wouldn’t bake the cake for the lesbian couple. So what if he doesn’t want to do it. He has every right to deny service to whoever he wants.

But making sure representation isn’t being denied would involved in asking for representation.

As for your first sentence, I’d call it naïvely optimistic that any minority would get fair representation from a majority ‘naturally’.

2 Likes

Thats easy to say when white people domiante all forms of media. If there were no films and no games that ever included white people, damn right you’d be complaining that your not represented.

3 Likes

I wanted to say something mean here. But If I choose to treat you like I treat everyone else, I’d probably get banned.

I’ll continue to put LGBT People on a pedestal instead of treating them like actual human beings.

2 Likes

I’m surprised the Mods havent deleted this awful thread yet.

2 Likes

No. I wouldn’t care if they had all black people in it. If it’s a good movie then it’s a good movie.

You are correct, he had every right to refuse to bake that cake. But actions have consiquences, he got called out for it and his buisniss suffered badly for it and he’s forever knowen as a homophope.

3 Likes

Mods are at home sleeping.

Rather than someone who isn’t going to buckle to pressure from angry trolls that are full of “tolerance” and “acceptance” like lgbt is. Similar to how they fire people on twitter and fb for not agreeing with them.

1 Like

Again, easy to say when you are a represented minority and take it for granted.

1 Like

:rotating_light: Right Wing Victim Complex Alert. :rotating_light:

4 Likes

If 1/10 writers is gay, and they choose to represent themselves, that would be a natural and proportional representation. The only hindrance to that would be someone actively denying it. You don’t need to specifically ask for it, just need to make sure decision makers aren’t people that would actively suppress it.

Not if I were vastly outnumbered by the general population. And saying they’re never included is hyperbolic at best.

Yeah, good luck with that.

2 Likes

lol wow…that’s the best you can retort to an observation, is a political label?

I’m independent, and have independent thought. The left and right have major flaws.

3 Likes

Oh, you’re still here?

accountability is a thing. People have the right to be homophobic, but then other people have the right to want nothing to do with them for it.

If a man is proving to be hatefull and refusing to serve LGBT people, I’m not going to give him my money, I’ll go elsewhere.

And if people on twitter and facebook want to spread hate speach, then they should be expected to get fired, its basic public relations control.

3 Likes