Please don't add forced lgbt representation

Fixed /10characters

1 Like

Arguing for 24 hours to realize we agree with eachother

The problem with the whole complaint about forced representation use it’s used by bad actors as a justification for no representation at all.

Representation is representation. sometimes you have to start with bad representation before you get good representation.

This is from the point of view point of someone who has no representation at all.

1 Like

I was never arguing against the op.

No. I’d rather no representation than bad representation any day.

2 Likes

Exactly, otherwise the wrong message is being sent. And it has been received.

1 Like

As someone with no representation, I’d be happy with any representation at all.

Just because you don’t want representation doesn’t mean no one else does and you shouldn’t be deciding for everyone if they deserve representation or not.

1 Like

You haven’t argued against it though, just shouted out hyperbole and nothing of substance.

I believe you. I don’t want to reread through almost 800 comments to see who was or wasn’t arguing XD.

1 Like

No, it’s not. If it’s not based on your sex, the how did anyone know it’s origins? The research that I posted a while ago went into this, and was proven that it starts in our young age. You should actually read it rather than making further projections of your interpretations of it.

You don’t have any way of proving it or backing it up, is what it is. You just want me to be wrong without basis.

Nothing new.

The LGB got everything they needed already. We need more T representation, by having classic characters find themselves as trans, and begin the transition.

1 Like

If you are a part of the LGBT community then you have representation.

As a transgender man I do not have representation sorry.

I mean, you make it sound simple but what would that actually entail

My point is, how do you know if characters already don’t expand any details past culture?

I do and I’ll educate him for you.

Sex is your gentic makeup, XX or XY, chromosomes that dictate your sexual organs.

Geneder is a social construct used for identification, for example.
A ship is refered to as ‘she’ its gender is female. but it has no sex, as it’s not a living thing.

Its a subtle difference, but there is a difference there.

I’d be fine with that. Just make it natural and not forced.

What does non-forceed representation look like? Because if you ask a bigot any representation at all is forced representation.

But demanding non-forced representation you are essentially shutting down all of representation completely.

1 Like

Veronica from Fallout New Vegas

I don’t play that game. You need to use words to describe it.

Her character revolves around her experiences primarily and her sexuality is only secondary, barely mentioned.

But if her story was primarily focused on her relationships in greater priority than the story, artistic integrity is sacrificed.