Please don't add forced lgbt representation

You want an answer to a question that had nothing to do with anything I said? You push your personal agenda elsewhere.

So others’ personal agendas are okay to push?

8 Likes

What? I questioned if the OP was homophobic, that’s it. How are we getting this out of that?

3 Likes

I remember a few years ago, this series I love. Oce Upon a Time introduced their first LGBT pairing.

The directors went on saying how they didn’t want this to “be a big deal” they just wanted it to “be normal”. And yet they went interview after interview about this “couple” for months before the season even begun. The “couple” was there for one episode and they randomly made this girl who had lots of boyfriends in the series before find her “happy ending” with this other new character who was a girl and then they were out of the series. All so they could say a previous “main character” was LGBT.

Felt forced and obviously used just to sell.

Queerbaiting is a real thing.

Thing is, normalization happens when you act “normal” about it. Nowadays stories use LGBT characters as sell points and parade them around like achievements. That’s not normal, that’s a circus.

28 Likes

Representation is good, but there are many ways to do it well.

And many ways to do it poorly.

13 Likes

Sure. And I’m the Queen of England.

9 Likes

Oh, OP is that person that wants aotc achievement and io score removed despite having done 0 keys and almost to no raiding.

More options is usually better. You don’t like them, don’t use them, it’s really quite simple.

You are therefore denying that this check list exists. Equal outcomes are being pushed everywhere. While the representation is nothing alike. That is not a good thing in terms of the best getting a job or entertainment as everything is forced.

6 Likes

That isn’t really how equal opportunity works. If someone hires someone based on the color of their skin, then that’s illegal. The whole point is that employers can’t use those things to determine whether they can hire you or not. Quotas are illegal.

No, I’m not denying anything. I’m just not engaging in the topic. That’s why I referred to it as your “personal agenda.” You’ve strayed from anything I asked—whether OP is part of the LGBT community.

I still eat at Chick-Fil-A XD

4 Likes

I don’t care about their politics. Their chicken’s better than KFC. :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

Affirmative action doesn’t exist? What?

11 Likes

Oof, lets not talk about that dumpster fire.

“Waaahhh, you hate the movie because you’re sexist!”

No, we hate your movie because it’s trash.

12 Likes

I just explained to you how affirmative action works. The way you put it isn’t how it works, and is in fact illegal.

1 Like

All fast food is equally awful.

I worked in it for too long to ever eat any FF again. At least to any substantial degree.

Oh shut up, dancing queen

Hey, you take that back. Checkers’ fries are life.

3 Likes

The second Blizz gets in trouble (IE: Hong Kong) and they run out of Overwatch characters to declare LGBT, they’re going to start declaring WoW character LGBT.

You guys/gals/others have to understand, your “representation” is just a PR smokescreen for things like ignoring human rights violations.

15 Likes