Please don't add forced lgbt representation

I’m a little confused. What exactly are you wanting them to do? At the very start of clicking on a quest giver or random npc they tell you what their pronouns are and who they sleep with? I don’t know about any of you but I haven’t read a single quest text since wotlk.

I bet you cant name a single instance of LGBT representation in WoW

1 Like

I can’t wait until we can all just naturally treat each other like human-beings with no hidden motives.

The paladin Derick, the Male panda in female clothes with a male voice referring to themself as ma’am

1 Like

I dont know who either of those people are, so they’re great representation clearly. Provide wowhead links.

Thats how representation should be you would have no idea unless you went and looked for it specifically and a simple google search will do the trick for you

1 Like

I did google, no results. Hit me up with the wowhead links.

If you can’t even tell what a character is, then it is not representing anything.

7 Likes

So your stating that a lbgt char must fit a certain visual or dialog quote to be considered representing the lgbt group? Cause that would be going against what the group advocates for and thats normality

2 Likes

So wow head has no links for them but they are priestess driana and enchantress llanya for the lesbian rep, Derrick in the paladin hall for the gay and aysa cloudsinger for trans rep

1 Like

For real life this works. For fiction you kinda have to spell it out a bit. But again real life people and how we are seen in the world depends on being seen as normal. But fiction, the story teller sometimes has to be really obvious or people get the wrong idea about a character or story point.

Sorta like how people would think two gay women were “Just good friends”

Granted a lot of kids shows did the “THEY’RE BEST FRIENDS” excuse because they seriously couldn’t say what they really were

These two end up getting married for example

I’ll grant you this one, since it was one of the ones I already knew.

I main a paladin and have absolutely no clue who you mean.

Just 100% made up. Aysa isnt trans and theres literally nothing indicating it.

4 Likes

…wha? Seriously where did you get that idea?

4 Likes

A male char with a female voice that refers to themself as female in dialogue isnt trans rep to you?

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Aysa_Cloudsinger#/media/File:Aysa_Cloudsinger.jpg

???

3 Likes

But Aysa doesn’t have a male body at all. And even then Blizz has had this happen with goblin npcs in betas that were later fixed to what they were supposed to be.

3 Likes

Hey if it was later fixed than ok I had no odea it had changed from when I first encountered it

Aysa was never shown with a male body tho so I dunno where you’re getting that from.

3 Likes

I mean I played the beta and she was always female.

the thing i find interesting about these threads, is that the real world informs us that we’re not allowed to assume someones gender.

why does that change in a virtual world?

i have no idea about the gender of any of the npcs.

…but if other people do, wouldn’t that mean they’re breaking the golden rule about not assuming gender? :thinking: