Please don't add forced lgbt representation

Eh, I guess I see what you mean although the arguments against that customization were kinda different from this. I would love to see some LGBT representation but reading some of these comments just drains me, ya know what i mean? Maybe I should stop letting them get to me and I should ask for what I want :laughing:

1 Like

Considering they didn’t feel obligated to make the material, until blackmailed. There’s also the identity political deal, too. The more they push it, and force it, the less desirable it becomes and they are left to wonder why so much time and money was lost.

I mean, they did mention it. In Baset :man_shrugging:

Again, it was exactly the same as Tracer’s reveal. In a comic.
The only difference was that 76’s comic featured a character we had previously seen as his love interest, whereas Emily was entirely new.

I’m still not seeing how one is seen as acceptable and organic, and one isn’t.

4 Likes

Lets say your statement is true(dubious at best) there plenty of times straight execs literally attempt to supress gay people(you cant tell people you gay, it will hurt your career) or outright force gay creators to “tone down”(see Steven Universe) gay elements. So yeah, pretty rough on ALOT of people!

Except WoW itself is a testament to how games can change and become more inclusive. It is an RPG, generally people like to relate to things/feel a connextion. I have a feeling if we removed the option to female/didnt have then in the first place, WoW would be alot less sucessful.

Less then two decades ago Warcraft as a franchise was a male dominated game. Now female characters are getting as much(and sometimes more) screentime than male characters.

5 Likes

Do you actually have proof of this?
Like actual sources citing this occurred.

6 Likes

This.
Seriously

No. They never “hinted” at the dude in the picture being his gay lover ever. Tracer has been hinted at being gay since she was released. The character Emily may be a new character but it was expected. Vincent may have been previously established as being a part of overwatch but never as 76’s lover.

I await with baited breath for the proof of this claim during this forum debate.

2 Likes

I feel like even if they had seeded him as such you’d still have thought two gay Overwatch characters was pandering.

3 Likes

How?
She is coded as a stereotypical “Tomboy” character, but that certainly doesn’t mean anything in terms of sexuality, and doesn’t count as a hint of her liking women.

1 Like

I really liked the use of the word tsar

No. I wouldn’t care if they did it properly.

1 Like

No she wasnt! There was never anything remotely hinting that and that is why a good chunk of people were shocked by the reveal. Her ingame emote about emily was added after the comic as I recall.

4 Likes

You are The Queen of England you say? Stop eating those babies you vile space lizard.

Hey that’s fair.

So does your aversion to the idea stem from a lack of faith in Blizzard to deliver a gay romance in a meaningful way? I would agree with that.

1 Like

Too late my friend. This exists in WoW because all three characters can be found together in a hut in Highmountain.

Did they hint he was straight? :thinking:

10 Likes

I have no faith in blizzard to deliver a regular romance in a meaningful way, let alone a gay one.

2 Likes

Hey! I have the same thought when it comes to the main story. Amazingly side stories are usually where Blizz shines.

Is that the one about the human who walks in on 2 highmountain tauren getting in on?

1 Like

Not at all:
thefederalist(dot)com/2019/12/19/for-the-lgbt-mob-lesbian-ads-on-the-hallmark-channel-are-just-the-beginning/

Then there is how they tried to tear down Chicfila, private businesses like bakeries, etc…

2 Likes