Please don't add forced lgbt representation

Well there are a few if you pay attention, but it’s pretty low key.

And it’s fine to want it represented, what matters is if it’s represented tastefully.

Have you guys ever heard of tokenism?

the practice of making only a perfunctory or symbolic effort to do a particular thing, especially by recruiting a small number of people from underrepresented groups in order to give the appearance of sexual or racial equality within a workforce.

“the use of gay supporting characters is mere tokenism”

But does it have to be? I’m wondering how one fairly judges the validity of their existence without a dismissive bias.

2 Likes

As a member of the LGBT community I say QUIT POSTING ABOUT IT when you know it’s just going to turn into a crap storm. Your motives are suspect at best. I don’t want you to represent me. So don’t. You are just as guilty as the ones asking for it…

1 Like

I’m not LGBT myself but I like seeing non-me representation in fiction. It makes the fiction more textured and realistic to me.

8 Likes

I’m “LGBT” and don’t want any of you people “representing” me. If I didn’t vote you into Congress or the White House I don’t care what you have to say on my behalf.

1 Like

LOL. Yeah, cause the way to get a meaningful story is to demand external representations.

Spoiler: that’s not how things work. How about we instead ask for good plots and the best be hired.

Not sure I would call Kate McKinnon, and Kristen Wiig fat, or even slightly overweight.

In point of fact they did add Kul’tirans.

1 Like

Chubby, chunky…still overweight.

How does this have anything even remotely to do with the topic?

2 Likes

They are just trying to throw shade where it don’t belong.

1 Like

As a straight man I say put gays in everything. More diversity is great and adds potential for more interesting story telling.

Plus it makes the stupid homophobes mad so wins all around!

3 Likes

Nice virtue signalling.

5 Likes

That op is a troll.

Existing is fine, existing because it was forced in by changing an existing character or ham fisting it in just for the sake of it being there is not fine. Create new characters for it and let their relationship, if it has to exist, mean something to the story/quest.

1 Like

I’m a troll because I hold a different opinion than you?

1 Like

Willing to bet this is the whitest dude of all white dudes.

No, you’re a troll because the entire point of your thread was to create fire. Second, you want things removed that have no impact on the way you play the game. I can see you in the future talking about “remove mythic raiding” despite never having set foot in a mythic raid.

4 Likes