Please do the Item Level "squish"

comparing chronoboon with reducing of ilvls is… weird. no change should take away player power, there should always be a better way.

People expect spikes in their power. because they had it once, and it felt good. Tbc felt lackluster for a tank, because you never got the moment where you had the feeling of emancipating yourself from careful adventurer to the mature heroine of your story. the heroine that after gaining all that gear, is remarkable stronger then before.

Rather increase the ilvl of naxx and uduar, and add some more dps and hpmon enemies.

would also help a little with the problem that you feel weakend at the start of the xpac,

What? Tanking in TBC felt fun because you had to show real skill in your craft to be able to actually be a good tank. This is why so many tanks fail, they want the easy button so many of them went paladin thinking it would solve all the issues of threat, then they were just bad prot paladins that died all the time because they tried to make up for their lack of skill with more spell power gear.

Tanking in Wrath is lackluster because it is just a boring AOE fest. Single target threat is a complete joke to do, you almost never have an issue.

Becoming overpowered, is not really all that fun so scaling up to absurd levels, has downsides

It is a positive game change, that was the comparison, how people think that is weird is beyond me, I even said in the next line, what the comparison was.

I’ve been reading what you have written. It’s honestly just a waste of my time. Saying it’s a positive change doesn’t make it actually positive. You can’t just speak stuff into existence. Saying it’s “better” doesn’t actually mean it is in fact better.

I’ll probably stop replying to you since you are about as dense as a brick wall.

If blizzard wants to make changes, they should do it with data about the change instead of vague discussion of ilvl scaling and vague reassurances that they won’t screw up tuning.

I hope the ilvl squish comes, the best thing between now and launch is swimming in the pool of tears created by this squish and no rdf. Im the Michael Phelps in this salty pool

1 Like

going for SP gear as prot shows a lack of skill? that statement shows a lack of knowledge. TPS is defined by math, unless you are somehow unable to play the easy protpally routine.
And more SP = more thread.
TBC is lackluster as a tank, because your gameplay is hardcapped at a real low lvl, rest is gear, and even that feels lackluster.
Warrior is probably the tank that has the broadest range of “skill”, druid the narrowest.

Tanking in tbc felt extremely unrewarding. It sucked playing a warrior tank and doing everything right but STILL losing threat and/or threatcapping your dps. Single target and aoe threat just felt extremely bad in tbc and you must be playing with bad dps if it felt fine to you. Having to wear dps gear and thread the needle of dying was kind of interesting, but even that just felt terrible sometimes because you could randomly get gibbed.

Edit: Bears and pallies feel unrewarding in other ways. Bears: You hit like 2 buttons and if you try to min/max using the druidMacroHelper addon you can get caught out of form, and paladins have large gaps of downtime in their rotation that you have to fill with blessings or leave empty.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.