Please do the Item Level "squish"

It also effects all classes, it isn’t like warriors scale up while all other classes stand still. You will hit your caps before you are full BIS ICC geared. Same with mages, hunters, rogues and every other class that people are saying are going to be terrible.

Though warlocks will probably be a bit stronger since the bosses will last a bit longer.

The scaling for those classes you mentioned happens after they hit their caps and can then invest in straight str/agi increases through gems.

This isn’t the right change for the game and will ultimately end with players feeling less powerful. I and many other think they should look for other solutions to their supposed problem and not touch current gear scaling and power creep.

You have yet to post one.

The best one I saw was scale T7 and T8 gear up 13 item levels but then some people were like “OMG THAT WILL MAKE IT EVEN EASIER, DONT DO THAT”
The “just make Ulduar last longer” idea doesnt work because you have Seasons tied to phases, so that will lengthen one season and shorten another. So that wont work.

They never should have had 10 man TOC invalidate Ulduar 25 man gear. It should have been 226 item level like KT loot in Naxx. 25 TOC and Heroic TOC 10 man should have been 239 and heroic 25 should have been 245. in the first place. Then ICC should have been increased in a similar manner. Maybe 251 for 25 man normal and 10 heroic, and 239 for 10 man normal. Then have heroic ICC be 264 and maybe have Lich king loot be 277.

That would make the most sense. even still I think that the Item level bloat from heroic modes, sucks. I would have rather had a “hard mode” version for a few IL higher single piece of loot.

Simple. Don’t change it. Their problem doesn’t exist in the way they think it does.

The community has addressed ulduar still having relevance when toc is released. People will still run it. If they don’t then it probably means they had enough of it when it was current but I assure some people will still run it.

Making toc a shorter phase doesn’t seem awful to me either. Make it shorter and make the bosses drop more loot to compensate for a shorter phase. Do the same for arena, give people more points that phase so they can get their bis in prep for the end of phase push for rankings.

Achievements, the mace and a couple of trinkets, really doesn’t make hugely appealing, being able to more easily gear out your raid because the item level difference is much smaller or equivalent, does make it more appealing. Ulduar gear would last longer making it more valuable because the gear above it is not as good.
Its sounds great for raid gearing.

So don’t run it when toc comes out. Who cares. It’s ok to not have to run multiple raids per phase if you don’t see the benefit in doing so.

Based on community feedback at this point blizzard would have to be tone deaf to implement this change. I’ll see you in toc with my ilvl 258 gear :slight_smile:

Communities do not always understand what is healthier for the game overall, they just want all the shortcuts and powerups.

Lol and you are the only wise one here. We should just listen to you. Just because you have an opinion doesn’t make it a good one. Get over yourself.

Go look at engagement on posts. Go check YouTube. Go look at class and server discords. Nobody asked for or is excited about this proposal.

I just agreed with the developer and the community council, I didn’t come up with the idea. You give me far too much credit.

Go look at the council board lol. They don’t agree with it either and they just blasted blizzard for making them do the work of putting this awful idea out there.

Your the only one I see on here actively advocating for this and using actual bad information like saying:

When actually it’s 10 armor pen plus 10 crit 18 str per item slot or more. You are making bad faith arguments with poor information.

1 Like

You seriously believed that my one example of one stat was me talking about it being the ONLY stat? Wow, you are very petty.

It’s not just one time, you either have a horrible grasp on this issue or are just lying. Here’s you pulling numbers out of thin air because you don’t know what you are talking about.

Your numbers are just flat out wrong.

I saw some initial fight club numbers showing it was a 900 DPS difference from full ICC BIS to what the difference is after the squish. So I took an estimate of 300 DPS, maybe it will be 500 DPS give or take a few hundred DPS in TBC. Still isn’t a ton in Wrath DPS with people doing 10K+ and it will be across the board every class will be a few hundred DPS lower.

I already addressed the armor pen rating issue and it was not that far off it is closer to 15 per, depending on the piece still not that big of a deal and I was using it as 1 example.

and apparently the exact same piece in TOC 25 normal and TOC 25 heroic, with the only difference being “heroic” and the item level difference to you is not the same piece of gear with a slightly different number for the stats.
I am sorry Normal Mode Deaths Verdict is a wildly different piece than Heroic Mode Deaths Verdict in your head, they must have completely different stats with a different proc. But to the rest of us we see them as the same item with slightly different stats. What a 12% difference? How is what I said wrong? It isn’t you are being pedantic and it is tiresome.

Trying to nitpick estimations and isolated examples is the height of pedantry, while ignoring the overall picture that is before you. You are worried about a brushstroke on a large painting.

You sound like someone from r/iamverysmart, I bet you had to look up the word pedantic.

You have glossed over everything saying it won’t be a big deal while under-estimating the difference and using those under-estimations to try and make your points.

I’m sorry I’m tiresome to you. You are advocating for making broad changes to wotlk classic. We aren’t here to play a new game, the majority of us are here to play the game the way it was originally.

Change nerfs casters and nerfs physical dps even more bringing everyone more towards the center in icc while at the same time making the last tier more difficult. Seems good to me. They also said they’d monitor it so hard scaling classes like warriors don’t feel gibed.

I don’t see a problem here.

2 Likes

We have been down the no changes road, for the past few years, it is time to fix mistakes and make the game better overall. I did Wrath back in 2008-2010, I also did it on p-servers. I would rather they make a game better than wrath and better than retail. Instead of the flawed game that had stagnant growth like original Wrath did as they lost nearly as many players as they gained.
Almost all of the changes they have made to WotLK have been great so far.

Nobody cares what you want. Nobody cares that you played private servers and now want something new.
Many of us haven’t played them and would like to enjoy the game in its original state.

So did all the people that wanted Vanilla in its original state, while it did appeal to niche groups, changes had to be made, such as what they did at the end with world buffs.
This change is in the same category as adding the Chronoboon Displacer. [Edit for clarity, it is a positive game change, that is the category] This isn’t 2019, #nochanges is dead, get used to it. Making the game better is BETTER.

Chronoboon and changing ilvls of all gear for half of the expansions are entirely different changes. I think you need your brain checked for damage.

Again with this same tactic… yes they are indeed different in what they did, the are in the category of positive game changes. You literally just try and find nitpicks and ways to insult without actually thinking about what is said.

I even said

And yet you still refused to actually let words into your head that would clarify what was said.