Please Do NOT Bring the Mage Tower Weapons Back!

I know Blizz is making things more available in the game but for goodness sake PLEASE do not kill off the prestige of the original Mage Tower weapons.

People who wanted them had two full years to get them. I’m sorry some people missed out but we have to have some things in the game that hold their value and prestige. A lot of effort went into getting the original Mage Tower weapons and making them available for people again will crush the efforts we put in to get them back in Legion.

Please do not bring any Mage Tower weapons back at all! Thank you Blizzard!

23 Likes

Relax, MT weapons won’t be back same way mop cm gear won’t ever be back.

16 Likes

the items they bring back are former promotional stuff like the TCG and store stuff. in game stuff is safe

3 Likes

Bring it back over and over, just make it a lot more challenging. Everyone doesn’t deserve a participation trophy.

26 Likes

If they did I wouldn’t care either way.

Lol my class doesn’t have mage weapons!

10 Likes

People like you tend to forget that not everyone has played this game for the entirety of its existence. WoW came out when I was born and I only started seriously playing during Legion, and even then I was still a noob and didn’t know about the mage tower or any endgame stuff. My boyfriend only started playing in BFA. This also goes for people that think the feldrake Twitch drop is “unethical”. Be a little more open minded

58 Likes

For me, the prestige effect has worn off.

Let druids be disco cats, etc.

51 Likes

I want my purple disco cat :pleading_face: :pray:

15 Likes

it hasnt for me. so no. keep it gone

7 Likes

what? they were literally 100 times easier in legion than the current iteration of shadowlands mage tower lol

22 Likes

IMO, Blizzard should keep it exclusive based on their prior stance just out of principal alone.

But really, after literally driving myself sick on the healer challenge and managing to barf because of it, and getting the owl stick after a number of attempts that were only logged 230 times (with more attempts that were not logged by dbm) I don’t feel special.

I just don’t.

If someone wants it and gets it, it won’t affect me at all

6 Likes

Bring them back. Don’t do it if you don’t want them, don’t dictate to me what I should be able to have. The mage tower is content available now, the rewards that went with them should still apply. If the rewards aren’t there then mage tower should go too.

29 Likes

there is a reason why they didnt bring back the old rewards

its because 1. what would the people who did it before get for doing it?

and 2. because blizzard still values players investment into that content when it was relevant.

get over it. you’ll never get it.

11 Likes

there was no time investment into the mage tower in legion, it was not difficult whatsoever…

i think the most time investment people put into mage tower was waiting for it to be active

12 Likes

They probably won’t. But have you considered that game design heavily focuaing on chasing fomo rewards in an endless treadmill could be bad for the game?

12 Likes

Get over yourself. It’s just a discussion and people are allowed to not agree with you.

Also you’re replying to someone with a mop challenge mode set and they probably got more mage tower weapons than you did

24 Likes

im not crying, im pointing out facts to you…

I did the mage tower on my paladin, all specs, DH, all specs and Windwalker monk. None of them were challenging

6 Likes

Did you not read the previous posts? me and Sylvansong both have mage tower weapons… we aren’t here complaining that we dont have them…

we are stating our opinion that there is no reason to keep them out of the game.

16 Likes

the only reason why i enjoy having them not be available to obtain is because of the envy and anger and entitlement people bring to these forums. screaming into a void thatll be buried among the next. its so satisfying having something someone else doesnt.

What is there to cry over? I literally got the mage tower weapons I wanted.

You’re just saying anyone who disagrees with you is crying.

11 Likes