Please do not add btags to the WoW forums

We have btags on other forums because that is the only way to name people on games like overwatch and hots (there are no created characters on those games).

There are created characters on wow so thats what we have always used.

Please do not add btags to the wow forums, it will just add a new avenue for players to harrass members of the wow forum when something they dont like is posted.

Right now, we can see each player’s character name and realm. If someone from the forums decides to go harrass someone in game, the victim can block that person (end of story).

If btags are added, the person harrassing the victim can simply make countless bnet accounts for free, download heroes of the storm for free, then send btag requests as a form of harrassment to the victim.

Since making a bnet account is free and HoTs is free, the perpetrator can do this ad infinitum.

So adding btags to the forums would enable harrassment that cannot be blocked.

As stated above, current victims can just block the perpetrator in game. Also the perpetrator cannot make new WoW accounts ad infinitum because they would have to actually buy WoW.

Btags allow the perpetrator to create free bnet accounts with free heroes of the storm to endlessly harrass a person.

A second argument against btags is that if btags were publicly displayed on the forums, then that would allow all gold sellers to find everyone’s btag and add them in order to spam requests for gold.

So, no, btags should never be allowed on the wow forums.

149 Likes

Here is my btag. LadyA#1259

Bring on the infinite harassers.

waits

100 Likes

Rawr#1416.

Lets see how bad this really gets.

26 Likes

Sounds like somebody doesn’t wanna get caught saying the things they say on the forums

92 Likes

There is a thread requesting that btags be used and i am making a thread to ask that btags should not be used.

Sorry but its not spam if i am putting forward my opposing viewpoint.

See how you used false flags to harrass me right now?

17 Likes

btags should be added to wow forums

let me block u on all ur silly characters :3

43 Likes

Make sure to drop a report for spam on OP before exiting the thread and thank you !

32 Likes

So instigating people to abuse false flagging, nice.

20 Likes

turns out, when you have opinions that are only beneficial to trolls you don’t get much sympathy from the majority of forum users.

21 Likes

dwarfshield#1832

FOR THE FLAMES!

12 Likes

The ones asking for it KNOW its what they want it for.
This forum can very easily attach a FORUM ID number to our btag so the Forum Id is all thats seen in here by the average stalker sort.
IF they actually wanted it solely for trolling purposes, that’d be enough.
That theyre demanding my account information tells me it stalker wannabes looking for more info to stalk with

11 Likes

yeah…thats real nice and all.
Now tell us how many times your posts have been flag bombed in here over a childish disagreement?
If the answer is less than half a dozen, your point is kinda pointless

6 Likes

I just made tomato soup and hot chocolate. I haz no btag friends request thingies.

I are disappoint.

I are also probably bored.

Might be time for some mythics.

13 Likes

LMAO that one fails to comprehend that he pretty much just proved the entire point, lol

1 Like

I have posted my btag here sooo many times and nothing ever happens, anyways ReignyDays#11778

13 Likes

nonsense.
that can be done behind the scenes. No reason for you to have our account info just to block all my alts in here

1 Like

to my previous point…

its not account info

literally nothing happens from someone knowing ur btag

10 Likes

L M A O
yes, son, it IS…literally my ID number

2 Likes

really?
then why do you need it?
lmao

4 Likes