(please delete)

(can’t convey my thoughts well enough, please delete)

9 Likes

With alot of people home bound ,some people have time to game and to be honest home bounded is not fun so this game gives me a purpose to have hope that another day will be better.

Gear or loot does have either a positive or negative effect especially now. I differ in opinion the loot should be given for harder work in a way. If you don’t get it after a hard event it is depressing ,like the vault. but if you give loot just because it there it is not worth the mental challenge to obtain it. So in the end a balance has to be met.

Gear isn’t even that bad. I barely play and I’m at ilvl 200 which is normal raid ilvl. Also the great vault can give you a piece every week.

I get that, and a lot of the problem is that there are folks who have cleared CN multiple times and still have squat to show for it.

As I said, it discourages me from wanting to gear alts because I know I’m in for a long slog with a chance of literally no reward at all.

I don’t want the loot shower back, but we should feel like there’s at least a decent chance that we’ll be rewarded for the effort put in and right now it that just isn’t the case.

I’m sorry… did I misinterpret this thread? Because it sounds like this is some attempt to use the pandemic as an excuse for more loot drops.

6 Likes

It could be worse. You could be in healthcare fighting with people to do the bare minimum to keep themselves safe and then helping them after they ignore you.

If you want to put it that way…

I’m saying that the loot drops feeling so low that it discourages some players from even wanting to play the game at all is a bad thing during a time when fun distractions are vital.

I WANT to want to play WoW. I WANT to want to level and gear alts, but I ultimately don’t feel like doing either because loot is so scarce that my time spent frequently results in NO progress whatsoever.

They could absolutely being back valor points for the same effect, but just loosening the drop rates a bit would be much easier.

1 Like

I don’t it is but it is bad timing though that not something that can be predicted way in advance.

1 Like

I’m not going through that mess ,i have health issues myself and i don’t want to bring this to my bro.with all his problems with his immunity.

I find it in poor taste to put the effects of a pandemic on the same level as a video game.

If your time playing is based solely off of loot, then it seems this game may not be for you.

We’ll see what they end up doing. They’re already talking about change.

1 Like

They have always been about extremes and never ever consider a middle ground.

1 Like

Quite true. They always do the same with specs, as well. Nerf into the ground or be completely OP.

2 Likes

Is not getting loot every time really a bad thing. Could be for those guilds that are selling runs for gear drops and mount rewards. But then I don’t like how people are willing to pay for achievements that they haven’t actually earned. If it stops the guilds from being able to make gold selling runs then I’m all for the loot drop levels.

200 ilvl is terrible if you plan on doing any real content btw

1 Like

Okay, there must be a crossed wire here because that’s not what I’m trying to say.

I’m trying to point out that lockdown sucks and people stuck in quarantine need distractions now more than ever.

I want to play and enjoy WoW like I have in the past but it’s difficult to do that when WoW seems to be applauding itself for deliberately frustrating players who just want to see some progress on their characters.

In past xpacs I’ve leveled and geared 4-5 characters, not necessarily in heroic raiding gear or anything but I at least felt compelled to run them through LFRs.

In SL, I’ve attempted to gear two characters and I already gave up on this one (will get his cov. gear while playing through the campaign with my wife but not touching M+ or raids).

All it would take is for drop rates to be a bit better to make gearing multiple characters a fun and welcome distraction again instead of being such a slog that I don’t even want to try.

people are going to buy regardless because of community gate
wanting people to have aotc to get into groups or 2000 io to get into 10 keys for weekly vault 2500 rating for 1500 ARENA Push

has nothing to do with gear infact only making the issue worse lol

if your luck been poopy for weeks on end and you log on tuesday avg group ilvl gone from 205 to like 215 for pugs your just going to have a miserable time

this whole ‘’ do your own form your own groups’’

no it doesnt work you get
A : bad and other rejects
B: people join see your io/gear/rating and instant leave

join a guild? im in one im one of lucky ones but if the boys arent on i cant enjoy wow at all if one of them quits then i might as well follow because now i gotta pug again

1 Like

I wish that was comparable to the actual state of things.

There’s a thread in GD right now by some poor player who has done 3-4 CN clears with Jack squat to show for it, and they’re not a stark minority, either.

The difference is I don’t do any end game stuff, so what gear level I have doesn’t matter to me as long as I can do what I want. And I have my own guild. 43 members all me and my alts. I don’t need to be a top listed player to enjoy the game. I don’t have an ego to stroke. I just play a little there and a little here to relax.

The only time I ever worried about my gear level was in BFA for warfronts. But after a few times through a warfront I wondered why I even cared about changing my play style.

That’s exactly what it is.

2 Likes

That’s what I was getting, as well, and all I can say is, “What?”

No, OP. First of all, loot is not that scarce. Progression in gear is slightly–and I do mean slightly–slower. That’s all. OMG. I have three alts coming up, and I am not losing even a moment’s sleep over the fact that they aren’t all equally geared to my main, yet.

Sweet mother of entitlement’s pearls. Why do you feel you need 200ilvl on all of your alts the week after they hit 60? What content are you doing with alts–or do you wish to do on alts–that you can’t do because heroic raid and above is scarcer than it was in BfA?

You can get PvP gear. You can get Heroic dungeon gear. You can get LFR gear. You can get upgraded renown gear. You can get WQ gear.

How are your alts suffering for gear and what are you unable to do with your alts that you’d like them to do? Be reasonable. The absolute hysterics that people have been in over loot drops on this forum baffles me.

We cleared all of normal without me ever getting a loot drop. We did our first week in heroic without me getting a loot drop.

My gear is fine. My ilvl is equal to the rest of my raid group. Not getting loot every time you raid or even every other time you raid…is fine.

4 Likes