*Please Delete This Thread*

People are still doing visions?

The race is not over … but you want the person behind to be given a motorcycle to catch up to you .

The game has had catch up mechanics as far back as Vanilla too. That was part of the point of ZG, AQ20, and things like the T0.5 gear that you could get from dungeons.

Though obviously Clark shouldn’t even be allowed past level 60 unless he spends 100+ hours grinding out levels with nothing but Seal of Command for damage.

3 Likes

If you wanted to cheese your way through stuff play a single player game and turn on cheat codes

I keep trying to turn on all weapons in raids, but I guess I can’t get the combo right.

Yep. So they can play on my team. Or the other team and we can have more games.

This only enhances my experience and in no way takes away from it.

7 Likes

Sure I don’t mind more catch up… they can add a core drop from every N’yaloth kill ( normal , heroic and mythic ) so potentially you can get 12 resistance per week

I don’t care what other players have, so why would I care to “catch up” to them?

I could care less about that cloak. After leveling up my necklace, I sure as heck did not want to have to level something else. Feels to much like a chore to me, honestly.

Hello Felicia are you going to start playing the game or just going to be a waste of space who completes one LFR wing a season and absolutely nothing else relevant?

1 Like

Blizzard, your system sucks. 8.3 sucks. Time to just punt.

Just hand out maxed out Legendary Cloaks and cross 1 of the 6-7 goddam things off that players have to have before being viable for grouped content in your stupid game. AP, The right Azerite Talents, The right Essences, The right Corruptions, Enough Corruption Resistance, Gear… did I miss anything in this clusterfrack of a patch?

4 Likes

Oh hell please no.

We already have enough people in the guild with their rank 5 cloaks and at ilvl 430 who never even ran a single LFR wing whispering our raid lead if they can come at our raid start time causing to take up his time making us not being able to start our raid on time.

The whispers would triple if every boss dropped cores - from all the super casuals who showed ZERO interest in coming to our raids until now, and has no clue that if we let them all come, we would need to look for another healer or two… and that’s going to take up our time even more.

No thanks.

Not only catching up is an issue. Repeating full horrific vision clear on alts gets old.

Except it is the same effort required. What is the difference between someone doing 13 visions today as opposed to doing 13 visions over the past 13 weeks?

11 Likes

Well, since this game has so many things to do, it depends on what “race” you are running. However, it kind of is done though for people that play regularly in the content they want to do. Many have already run visions to death and have been doing the assaults for quite some time now. Even if people don’t have the time to do everything they want (like how I’d like to jump into Mythic raiding if I could), they certainly have the tools to do it if it weren’t for lack of time or other circumstances. There is nothing active right now, in general, that still requires progression on the part of the active player base.

It is precisely why players that play regularly complain about content droughts. Once you’ve reached that point, why make a big deal about other players jumping in?

Catch up mechanics aren’t cheating in the slightest. It’s not giving new players any kind of hidden advantage. It’s just allowing new/returning players to enjoy the game in its current state quicker. And, even when they do reach the current game quicker, you’ve been enjoying it for several more months than they have being the grizzled veteran that you are.

1 Like

13 weeks? Shadowlands will be out by then

Oh no, you’ve got more people to play with

4 Likes

Simple , if you are doing PvP, then the more corruption resistance you have the more corruption you can stack giving you a significant advantage over other players who don’t have that much corrupted pieces on.

So no the race is not over and will never be over till the expansion ends .

So, essentially, if you want to get into PvP now, shove off, you should’ve started three months ago?

1 Like

That’s what Blizz wanted when they added corruption .