*Please Delete This Thread*

Being new shouldn’t negate all the work we did to start with. Other wise we’d all just unsub and wait for the end of the patch

1 Like

It’s not negating all the work, just literally the legendary cloak which is part of 8.3.

Who cares? I mean really. You got to do the content when it was current. It’s no longer current. So who cares if people catch up to you? It does not negatively impact your experience with wow in any way (that is not tied to your selfish ego). You can still go on doing everything you do. And if an alt or weird fun build with corruptions strikes your fancy, you can enjoy a better system too. Everyone wins. Or at the very least, nobody loses.

10 Likes

Except she is right

You didn’t play during the time, do the grind

Or they can sit at 50 corruption resistance till they allow it to be on a vendor

But by then you’d never have any corruption gear so

I can’t even get to 39 Corruption on my main right now. She’s rank 15 and I’ve only used one core on her but Resto Druid just stacks the stat corruptions and they don’t give a ton of corruption. Lol

I’m wearing 4 pieces with 12% mastery/haste and don’t even have the eyeball right now.

1 Like

Yep. Because this doesn’t negatively impact you in any way. Did you enjoy playing the game and acquiring the gear when it was current? Great! Now that it’s old news, let others catch up or enjoy their alts. Or at the least let it be a system that lets you catch up to your main.

So tired of people acting like the “work” (it’s a game, should have been play all along that you enjoyed) entitles them to a massive power disparity to lord over others. Something nice in the game for other people doesn’t take anything away from you. You’re like the 3 year old sitting on a pile of toys that throws a tantrum when his kid sister gets a nice present.

9 Likes

That’s like saying a new fresh 120 should have the right to fame Slayer of N’Zoth title because entitlement but wonder why you can’t get it when the hardcore raiders earned their right

Late on the time do the grind

No. You finished the race a month ago and someone who was unable to for whatever reason wants to see the course so you give them a bike to allow them to do so. You finished the race. Nobody can take that away from you.

6 Likes

That’s precisely the other point of view I pointed out in that same post :wink:

It’s really not, but if you can’t see the difference in that statement I can’t help you.

3 Likes

As a returning player I see very little reason to even bother at this point. By the time I go through it all Shadowlands will be close enough, and it’s not like I’ll be doing high end content before I get everything up to par.

and the cloak isn’t even the only grind I have to do if I want to get everything up to par.

3 Likes

Except that person on the bike suddenly thinks they now need a motorcycle to even be more ahead because entitlement now

Then after the motorcycle they want a 4 wheel drive

Then after that a Lamborghini

Give an inch expect a mile for some who are entitled

Here’s the fundamental problem: by catching up, they aren’t getting ahead of you.

7 Likes

You failed to read my last sentence then

You give them the bike now they want a motorcycle because “I can’t”

On this part of your posts, we agree.

1 Like

So we can agree then if the guy who is late to start, they need to do the same as everyone else by foot then

How far back are you willing to extend that to? Should a new player be expected to play each of the past expansions at the pace they were released in order to get to the most recent one, for instance?

I think there is a threshold level of time investment any new player is willing to put into a game before they give it a big nope. If I saw a friend killing a dragon now and said “That looks cool, I want to try,” and then learned I would have to play for about six months before I could attempt that, I’d do something else with my time.

Catch up mechanisms are healthy in a game like WoW. It’s just a matter of how much and when.

8 Likes

Where is proof that pre patch is sept 8th?

It was a hypothetical to prove a point.

I know. We agree and you are far nicer and more eloquent than I. I just wanted to extend the analogy because it felt too tame.

But as you say, people gonna dig in their heels feeling slighted that someone could get access to something they “worked so hard” for. I wonder how many modern conveniences they have eschewed in order to respect those that came before them and had to do it the hard way.

1 Like