*Please Delete This Thread*

Now add rank 1,2 of essences to vendors for new/returning players.

Correction. Alts are easy. Multiple mains with zero investment aren’t.

This thread kinda sums up my feelings on 8.3 as a whole.

Grind a currency, to grind a currency so you can grind a currency.

Then after you do that you can finally buy something, but now you gotta choose the Essence, the Cloak or the Corruption.

It’s not that I’m averse to putting in time for what I want, it’s that I want to enjoy that time.

4 Likes

its too true

This seems like a weird choice… we’re already saving up Echoes for Corruptions. Alts use them for Essences too. They’ve tripled down on this currency but the costs are really high considering how low the generation rate of the currency is.

If we’re adding Malefic Cores to Echoes too, can we increase the amount we earn from things like Assaults and Emissaries?

3 Likes

Trust the WoW community to complain about the fact that they gave you something they didn’t have to.

1 Like

yet again nothing how rank 8-11 takes longer because the stupid research is gated behind a crazy amount of mementos.

garbage systems can’t be fixed even with this light catch ups.

I just don’t understand why not give us an option of doing HV full clears for more cores?
That way an alt could get Echoes while getting their cloak up and then actually be able to buy Corruptions and Essences without further extending the grind…oh wait, I see…

1 Like

This is how you try to convince a playerbase that currencies are “Bad”, so they stop asking about them.

Currencies are great, when you do them correctly. What they’ve done with this set of currencies is time gate on top of time gate on top of time gate, and of course they’re going to feel terrible.

Just like most of the other systems they implement. They make the worst possible version of that system and then when it fails spectacularly, say “see? You didn’t like it the first time now enjoy your _______ power grinds”

2 Likes

“Essences are already easier”

Umm what? How is that exactly? Because they are not lol.

I am grinding my BIS essences right now. Aside from a slight reduction in follower XP needed for Lucid Dreams, everyone is exactly the same as it was in 8.2

They may be easier for Alts, but returning players have to do the same grinds you did.

Maybe your under the impression you can just buy essences. Well you cant, unless you already have them unlocked.

Actually in the case of my Healer, its harder. She needs Vitality Conduit, which getting a group for, without the achievements from that raid, is like pulling teeth they are few and far between.

Not that I am complaining about getting essences. Never have, I have zero issues putting in that same work and it taking a few weeks. I am almost done will have all I need aside from Conflict and Strife R3 by Tuesday :). Which my crew will all have R2 then as well, and began the push for 3. That one was kind of a double time gate, as we needed better gear/essences to curb the gap a tad to reliably win enough.

We qued a few, and saw the landscape quick and shelved till this week. (My arena partners also switched toons twice each. Which didn’t help)

The core catchup took months, or I wouldn’t of complained about it.

1 Like

All I see is WAA WAA WAA, give me cores for free!

1 Like

Currency aint for nothing, get your cores for free!

Lol they’ve put cores on MOTHER and people are still complaining…SMH

Maybe stop making 13946305782 alts…problems solved.

The essences related to 8.2 content were nerfed.

Rustbolt rep essence reduced from exalted to revered, aka 50% reduction.

Nazjatar rep essence reduced from exalted to revered, aka 50% reduction.

Body guard xp required got reduced (I dont remember exact).

Artifact power catchup is so fast rank 3 crucible is virtually done. it is MUCH different than in 8.2.

Condensed Life Force was nerfed to not be as good.

Vitality conduit, mainly for arena/necrotic, is probably the last frequently used good one from 8.2 content that is unchanged.

Actually here is a copy/paste of the blue post for when 8.3 was being tested:

n Visions of N’Zoth, we’re making changes to the acquisition of Essences related to the Rise of Azshara zones. Our goal here is to lessen the effort needed to acquire Essences from Nazjatar and Mechagon for new and returning players as we want players to feel able to focus on content updated in Visions of N’Zoth.

• Reputation requirements for Nazjatar and Mechagon vendor-sold Essences have been reduced from Honored/Revered/Exalted for ranks 1/2/3 to Friendly/Honored/Revered.

• Acquisition of Rank 4 of these Essences is unchanged.
  • The follower experience requirements for Ranks 2 and 3 of Memory of Lucid Dreams have been reduced from 3000/6000 to 2400/4800.

• Players who are Revered with their respective Nazjatar reputation may now exchange Manapearls for Bind-to-Account reputation tokens.

Right so the Rep ones were nerfed.

Was Purification Protocal ever used outside of Visions though? I didnt even know Naj had a rep essence lol.

Lucid Dreams was nerfed, and is still a BIS essence in PVP. But the nerf was not that much. Its 16 days total instead of 20, of doing the 3 quest grind. Not a huge deal.

Condensed Life Force did take a decent nerf to its damage. And yet its still a BIS essence for DH. Still obtained the same way. Its still BIS for PVE along with Focusing Iris.

You say Vitality conduit is the only one to not be changed but thats not true at all. The rep based essences were nerfed, and that was not even in 8.3 it was 8.2.5 according to wowhead. The heart one is a byproduct of heart catchup the essence didnt change.

The heart is now set to 50 (rank 2 eligible) so it’s a little changed.

Both rust bolt and Nazjatar have very strong tanking and healing essences. And the nerf is huge. And both have boa rep tokens so if you have an alt they can feed your main some rep.

I’m pretty sure out of the 24 dps specs, havoc is the only one with CLF as BiS.

16 days vs 20 is a 20% change. Not amazing but not awful.

There are several items that can drop off mobs that give bodyguard rep as well.

I swear some people will never be happy until blizzard literally in game mails them BIS gear when they hit 120.

They give a catch up mechanic but now people complain about having to use echoes but then the same people say there’s many different currencies, so when they don’t create new currency you still complain?

Yes let’s give everyone everything right up front so nobody will have any reason to play anymore… what kind of a business model would that be lol?

Like what’s nex? You’ll want to use echoes to buy 470 gear so you don’t have to run visions anymore?

You know, the more people complain, the more I can completely see why they removed honor and badges. The way the system is now is “you play, you get everything you need”, do anything at all you want that’s current, and you get echoes. 2k is the weekly assaults + emissaries, and it’s not time gated anymore. you can farm BGs, arenas, M+, anything you want and get it, and people still complain

No one is asking for handouts. So please stop with this nonsense argument.

Echoes are the most in-demand currency right now given how OP corruption is. Also, keep in mind a fresh alt needs to buy essences, putting them at 10k deficit right out of the gate.

Why not re-use coalescing visions, war resources (remember those), honorbound service medals (remember those), corrupted momentos (sockets are less important than corruption early on), dubloons, titanresiduum, the list goes on and on.

The only thing saving this system from being a cluster is that grinding out the currency for 15 visions is enough to almost get you half of the echoes needed for your essences. So you only start with a 4k deficit.

3 Likes

People are for sure asking for handouts and a handout is exactly what this is.

People should take that hand and slap some sense into themselves because its getting ridiculous now.

Why should your alt be on the same power level as a main? Why should someone who has been playing for 2 months be on the same power level as someone who has been playing the full expansion?

I get behind behind sucks but man, y’all just gotta deal with it.