Please delete, my question was answered then people started trolling

Thanks for your services

2 Likes

:woman_shrugging:

You might get a timeout or a temp ban, but as long as it’s a first offense, it might even just be a warning. But I dunno, could some of the BAD LADS AND LASSES of WoW educate further?

If they filed a harassment report you could get a small ban, but first offense is usually a slap on the wrist unless you did something super stupid like death threats, or extremely racist things.

I mean, at least you’re honest that you don’t feel bad for harassing a person and are only concerned that your actions may have consequences.

4 Likes

You’ll be fine, Kralysta.

That’s hilarious :laughing:

2 Likes

Sounds like you shouldn’t fret too hard. You’ll probably be okay. Just channel the rage into something else next time. Like your next LoL match. XD

2 Likes

Well… You can’t victim blame either. It’s possible for both sides to be a victim here. Just because someone spits in your coffee doesn’t mean you are not wrong to take a bat to their face. Both things are wrong, and both things should be held accountable for those actions.

That is what the police is for.

Vigilantism is what gets you in trouble.

Self defense means you are in immediate danger. If the assault already took place and the person is pacified/no longer threatening. It’s no longer self defense.

That is why you get in trouble if there is wounds on the back of the person. Because it’s proof they was walking away.

What you did was pretty toxic.

it’s easier to get a forum ban than an in-game ban.

but i am far more vocal on the forums than i would interact with others in-game; so that explains how i have over nine days of forum vacation versus none from playing the game

1 Like

did people choose to ignore this part?

if the dude put them on ignore, and they continued to create new characters to harass them, this is actually quite serious.
if they chose to report it, you can expect a suspension.

5 Likes

This person will likely be suspended if they was reported though. It’s a clear cut case of harassment. Although person probably didn’t report and only laughed at him with his friends in discord. I wouldn’t doubt if they recorded it and are getting ready to post it on reddit or somewhere.

1 Like

More or less, and would honestly deserve to be reported. From what I read the only thing that set this person off was the person kicked them from the group and then politely let them know they did it due to social pressure. Implying the person themselves didn’t really want to do it. There could of been a connection made here had the OP not gone complete Norman Bates on them. Instead because of this small offense the OP decided to harass the person and it sounds like went extremely vulgar. Personally hope it’s more then just a slap on the wrist. The behavior here shouldn’t be tolerated.

Being afraid that his other friends would pick on him, makes me think it was likely just a 13 year old kid. Which means this person was being abusive to a child. Could potentially be a police matter now days depending on the age of the OP.

I got banned a few times for saying silly things when getting tilted. I’ve worn it. You won’t get permabanned for saying nasty things to people because if Blizzard deleted everyone who was mad in their games they’d kill their playerbase worse than two months into Warlords.

Circumventing the ignore feature to engage in ongoing harassment? If the other player reported you, yeah, you should be worried. Blizzard takes an exceptionally dim view of ongoing harassment.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/spotlight-on-harassment/10309

What will happen to the player once I have reported them?

• The Blizzard representative in charge of your case will thoroughly investigate the chat-logs and judge whether further action is required and what action that should be based upon our policies and internal procedures. This action can range from a simple verbal warning all the way up to the closure of the account, depending on the severity of the case as well as the player’s previous account history.

I personally know someone who got a temp ban for “bot farming ore”. We were in the same room and this human is too dumb to bot. We appealed and they said it was a legit flag… Which is impossible because i saw them manually farming the whole time we were watching movies.

Ever since then I’ve been convinced that Warden isn’t real and it’s just some guy going over logs for hours.

“bot farming ore” is not something blizzard would specify as a reason for a ban.

“we” shouldn’t be doing anything with someone elses account.

that’s not how it works.
you seem to be under the assumption that a ban happens due to recent actions.
it’s extremely rare for that to happen.
it could have been something they were doing months ago.

I was once the target of sustained ongoing harassment. Multiple people harassing me on multiple alts.

It took over six months of harassment before they finally acted. This was with me doing everything right. Ignoring immediately and opening a ticket every time.

It’s pretty pathetic tbh.

1 Like