Please crack down on bots

No, actually it’s really not. There are absolutely ways to multibox within the confines of the rules.

Updated 4 days ago:

If you do see people breaking actual rules such as botting, then right-click and report them for cheating. If they’re using profanity, report for language.

“Griefing” isn’t against the rules either as it tends to only ever mean “someone doing something I don’t like”.

7 Likes

Yes, using macros that can’t be created using the in-game macro system is definitely against the rules. How you can tell when someone is doing that, beats me.

For someone who doesn’t like when others break the rules, it’s odd that you choose not to follow them by posting masked profanity here.

7 Likes

you might want to curb the language.

3 Likes

Apples to oranges.

Look. Language and offensive chatter is easy to see and can quickly be actioned against. Nothing to research when it’s black and white.

Botting? You don’t know that they’re botting. You may have your suspicions. They may ‘act’ like a bot. They still may be a player. Blizzard takes the time to make sure whether it’s a player or a bot. If it’s a bot? They want to find out how to break the bot. Whack-a-mole banning does nothing. Banning in waves is the best way they have to combat this craziness. You want an insta-ban for maybe-botters? Do you not see the dozen or so posts we have right now on this forum from legitimate players who are contesting suspensions and bans?

It does work. It just takes time.

9 Likes

Edited for more emphasis on “bots” vs. “bugs.” Same difference, though.

Blizzard fights the good fight against bots all day, every day. You would not like it at all if they actually ignored botting or even let up just a smidge on their war against it. The game is as “bot-free*” as it is, because they constantly battle the bots.

Just like in real life - we fight crime, but some crime will always exist, forever and ever. You can go to the mall without fear of being robbed or assaulted, though those crimes do exist in some places right in the city you live in.

*Yes, bot-free. There are like 250 servers, amounting to something over 10,000 total zones. Are there bots in 100 of them? Sure. But that also means there are like 9,900 zones game-wide that are bot-free. You gotta look at the whole picture, not just one pixel.

3 Likes

This reminds me of the time the 11 year old was reported for fishing in SoS just because he liked fishing and hadn’t moved for a few hours but had been casting away happily for his father. Luckily the GM was nice and understanding :blush:

Ive been playing wow since the early days of beta and to me this clearly sounds like botting, even though they are saying its mulitboxing. heres the reason why, it “should” be considered botting. for starters, a normal player playing on multiple accounts, generally would find it a bit difficult to move from one toon to the next. These “mulitboxers” or “botters” show robotic like movement. they act like preprogrammed toons that are acting like robots. now some will argue here that its perfectly legal because of what blizzard said but I think people are confusing something here in that statement " multiboxing or owning and playing on multiple accounts is not against tos"… this is true, but using " other software" is. which in turn, would have to happen in order for players to be multiboxing with a bunch of toons farming for resources.

finally, guys there is a simple fix to all of this. nerf druids… yes I am suggesting a nerf to a class because the most common class that these botters/multiboxers are using, is the druid class. they use starfall constantly and run around with mount speed in the maw ( other classes arent allowed to use mounts int he maw). so the suggestion to solve this problem, is a nerf towards druids, in the from of putting delays on star fall, and reducing mount speed when they change into an animal. if theres a problem with that then, there needs to be a nerf towards mob spawn rate, which would stop them from farming period and piss everyone off. now I know druids will cry foul because they would be getting nerfed but, seriously, what do you expect to happen when a class is being abused? you dont see an army of pallies farming because it would make no sense. so thats my suggestion, either ban all forms of botting ( which blizzard wont do) or nerf druids… ( which blizzard is more likely to do).

Then you will want to take your “suggestion” to General Discussion as the devs do not come here for player feedback or suggestions.

yeah, figured id come here cause there wasnt any feed back section. back in the day, you were able to send it via game but now its like they pushed it onto the forums and all you will see is it get flamed in some way.

You still can.

ESC > Support > Submit feedback or bug report > Submit a suggestion.

4 Likes

I did that, it brought me here.

1 Like

By definition, if it isn’t against the rules, it isn’t cheating.

5 Likes

They don’t have to. A “normal” player could have multiple computers with wired keyboard/mouse and a switch to play them all. Or a “normal” player could have multiple computers with wireless keyboard/mouse and synchronized dongles to player them all. That’s how multiboxing was originally done and why it’s called multiboxing.

Mutliboxing can be done without using “other software”.

Nope. It can be done without key-cloning software. It was done without key-cloning software for years before that software was available.

If you think druids have such an advantage, play a druid.

This week. They’ve also used DKs, DHs, Monks. Whatever class gives them the speed advantage with what they are farming.

And? What is the problem with a class using their spells?

Yes, they can.

https://www.wowhead.com/item=184166/corridor-creeper#
https://www.wowhead.com/item=184167/mawsworn-soulhunter

So don’t use one, use a druid.

They do. You don’t have any proof that botting was happening, just that you think it was. Botting has always been banned from WoW.

No. At present druids are working as intended.

If you actually want druid changed, post in the Druid forum, or General Discussion. The Devs, who make those decisions, don’t take feedback/suggestions from the Customer Support forum and the SFAs here are not liaisons with them. When you go, get your facts straight. Druids are not the only ones who can mount in the Maw.

2 Likes

It doesn’t matter if it “looks like” botting. If they are using macros with things like delays or repeats, that’s against the ToU. Key cloning software is now also against the ToU. And, of course, anything that plays the game on its own without user input is against the ToU. If they are doing any of those 3 things, then it’s actionable. If they aren’t, then it’s not. Multiboxing isn’t against the rules.

4 Likes

Forum moderation and the hacks team are different departments, and have different duties.

5 Likes

Wow hyperspawn locations…
Then click on the Wiki tab…
This takes you to a Discord login page.

Please explain this answer.

1 Like

um… what are you going on about?

Blizzard doesn’t accept reports made over the forums. You are just wasting your time.

Going to go ahead and close this topic as it has stopped being constructive and there’s no real need to keep it open at this point. In the first response to the original post, Kozzae provided some good information.

I’ll go ahead and quote my final post from that same thread as it applies here as well.

7 Likes