Please Clear the Mail from Mailbox

So a day or 2 ago during the free Sulfurus transfers I was trying to transfer my main character from Faerlina Alliance. It’s giving me an error everytime I try to transfer telling me I have mail when I don’t. It has now been over 24 hours.

I tried:

1. Removing Everyone from Ignore List (still nothing in my mail)
  2. As far as I can remember I didn’t do any quests on this character
  3. I renamed my folders to InterfaceOld, etc and tried resetting UI, nothing
  4. I was even able to delete my char and restore them. Still have the same error.

Contact from a GM who can figure out what the issue is would be greatly appreciated. I opened tickets but I just got an automated response w/ some links that had nothing to do w/ the issue.

The character is Rests on Alliance (Faerlina-PvP).

Thanks.

A couple of the zombie invasion quests send you mail a couple of days later. Completing one of those quests can flag you as having mail even though it’s not currently available.

1 Like

Pretty sure I did not do any invasion quests.

Could be another quest that sends mail when completed. There’s one in feralas and I think there might be one in winterspring unless that one was part of Cata.

Thx for the response but I’m pretty sure I haven’t done any quests recently that would trigger such a thing. I barely even played the char until logging in to try and transfer it … that’s why I think it’s a bug .

At the bottom of your ticket response, there should be a link with words to the effect of “I still have a problem”. That link can be used to reopen the original ticket with a higher queue priority .

The Support Forum Agents here are not GM’s and have limited tools available to them. They will assist where they can but their response may just be to resubmit the ticket.

To get more exposure to your issue though, I would suggest also posting in the bug report forum as some of the regulars there may have knowledge of this particular situation.

2 Likes

There is also a quest in the Plaguelands that will send you mail after it has been completed, usually within 24-48 hours.

For a lot of folks recently, it has been mail from the quests “Honoring a Hero” from the Harvest Festival.

In this case though, you have a pending Brew of the Month.

7 Likes

I had a feeling it was that in all honesty … Thanks for confirming. Is there anything that can be done about it or do I have to wait for brew sample to eventually come through before I can do anything w/ the char?

Also thanks Nok. I re-opened but … you know, we’ll see I suppose.

2 Likes

Do you care about receiving the brew or are fine with it just being removed?

2 Likes

If removed would I lose my brew of the month membership or just the the pending month’s sample? Also is it possible for you to do that, if so I would appreciate it. I don’t care about the “monthly” sample if that is the thing that is causing the issue. If you could do that I would greatly appreciate it.

If my membership has to be permanently removed to fix it I think i’d rather just wait if that’s the case.

Your membership in the Brew of the Month club is based on the quest you completed, so that will continue. If it is anything like mine, it will continue for many many years. :smiley:

5 Likes

Rofl :joy: Yeah if that’s the case and it’s possible to just have the monthly sample deleted , that’d be ideal.

Thank you for the assistance!

5 Likes

i need help my whole guild transfered server and im stuck here on Grob i cant use the free transfer cause of invisible mail i dont want to get stuck here and the new realm be locked from free transfers can you help me? Same with my friend Shadowbop - Grobbulus

I’m having same issue as OP, see no mail, but getting mail error when attempting to transfer. My Character in Question is- Durendin (Alliance) on Benediction attempting to take the free transfer move to Eranikus. Steps I’ve tried:

-Clearing Ignore List
-Removing all quests from quest log
-Buying stuff from auction house to collect and “clear” the mailbox.
-Disabling Addons
-Clearing Cache/WTF/Interface
-Restarting Client/Computer
-Complete Uninstall/Reinstall of Classic Client

Thank you!!!

Cptducky, you and your friend should be good as well as you, Durendin.

6 Likes

You are my hero, Orlyia!! Thank you so much!

2 Likes

I’m also having this issue with my character Mahawgany, as are my friends Abbotmarcus and Swinelord. Would appreciate the ghost mail from the scourge quest being removed so we can transfer!

I am also experiencing the same problem, Okiedookie on grobbules

Aye o., looks as if im having the same issue, id love to xfer off of farlina so i can play the game again… idc about the brew or anything else… pls help… tyvm!

As mentioned above, Swinelord from benediction is in need of brew deletion to move forward with the transfer. Thank you for your time.