Please cancel Retake of Gilneas

Story writing in DF has been so bland and unsatisfying I’m really concerned the retake of Gilneas will not be as epic as it has to be. Gilneas is the ultimate sanctuary for the gothic-dark loving-edgy fantasy wow players and with the current “love, friendship, family” state of mind DF writers are the retake of Gilneas will be more like “Hannah Montana reunion” with Vulperas and Worgens getting married and Chromie coming at the end saying: “That’s all folks! hihihihi”.

Please just cancel it and wait for a future date

22 Likes

What we’re forgetting is Hannah Montana is now a worgen named Hannah England.

35 Likes

I hope I get invited to the ceremony.

18 Likes

You will it’s going to be so adoraboo! My great great granddaughter is going to be the flower girl. And yes I will be wearing white, it’s because at the tender age of 105, it’s not so easy for me to change. I just changed for my tenth wedding (fourth into royalty) and I’m not changing again soon, I’ll come as I am.

8 Likes

The story is on the PTR the Horde helps the alliance remove the scarlet crusade from Gilneas.

Calia Menethill leads the undead to help the Worgen get their land back.

Oh btw genn daughter is still human full Worgen guilt and zero plans to become a Worgen not like we need completing Worgen women characters

5 Likes

I thought Gilneas was filled with Sylvanas loyalists, did they change it?

4 Likes

Of course she does. So glad we have a shoehorned Alliance character making strides for our faction. Might as well call Sylvanas back from the Shadowlands and have her “save” the Night Elves while we’re at it.

13 Likes

Did you read Before the Storm?

Ptr is showing scarlet crusade

This forum is insufferable.

28 Likes

Bruh, that literally makes no sense.

2 Likes

Huh. I don’t think it makes better sense for the scarlet crusade as they could’ve been booted out anytime. Any word on it formerly held by the forsaken? :robot::ear:

2 Likes

Oh yeah. And the other 5 Christie Golden books I wish I hadn’t. So actually, learning from my mistakes, I didn’t.

3 Likes

Calia leading the forsaken is also very lame… Lilian Voss should be their new leader… and horde shouldn’t be involved in the retake when THEY were the reason Gilneas fell in the first place… both worgens and night elves are craving forsaken blood! No pace for lovely friendship here

4 Likes

I dont remember many Scarlet Crusaders when I fled Gilneas.
I do remember a LOT of forsaken messing up the place tho.

8 Likes

I thought it was given back in the end of BFA? Doesn’t it just need to be resettled at this point?

I’m just telling you that’s who owns the land. I guess that’s howv they launched their attack on UC in the undead heritage quest

Wait…Wut…

But that doesn’t make any sense - is there some kind of explanation behind the scarlet crusaders?

Did they kill the scourge and then claim it as their new HQ or something, and want to kill Worgens too?

UwU

2 Likes

We do not know what is going on in Gilneas as it is not testable. All we can say is there are a few dead scarlets. I am kind hoping for vying forces of scarlet crusaders, rogue forsaken royalists, and feral worgen which we have to come in and push out.

They can never match anything we can imagine though, because we have had over a decade to build a reclamation up in our head. The reality never matches the dream.

6 Likes