PLEASE Buff Spirit Pets

I miss using my Loque’nahak so much, please just buff their heal that does less healing than a passive leech you get from a ferocity pet or let them become ferocity so they can give leech and lust. There is absolutely no reason to use your spirit beast anymore. Why is a pet that is supposed to tank with tenacity less tanky than a clefthoof who is supposed to be damage? Like I just don’t understand blizzard’s reasoning for this and it sucks having to use an over sized cow compared to a lightening leopard…

14 Likes

Because they did away with Tenacity = tank and Ferocity = DPS.

Also, Spirit Beasts are just fine in a raid or a dungeon when there is someone else to provide Bloodlust.

1 Like

Not really talking about raid because I never do raids, I am meaning Dungeon and Solo. If we go by dungeon pretty much the only reason you get invited is for a lust pet, but lets say that you already have one then over the course of a dungeon the leech will heal more than any damage you can reduce with tenacity. IF you do need tenacity you can just turtle instead and still have the leech part.

If we talk about solo content then there is no question about it that tenacity falls behind way too much. While doing ZM I have to use my Exhilaration to keep up my non tenacity pets and keep mend pet on them 100% of the time, otherwise they flop. But if I use my clefthoof, who is ferocity, then I can just do my normal rotation and he just full heals himself from cleave. If we do torghast then the exact same thing applies and it is just silly how far apart ferocity is compared to the others

Obviously if you are soloing you need a Ferocity pet (more specifically a Clefthoof or Scalehide) as it has become the de facto tank spec despite the changes.

For dungeons though, most damage should be avoidable so the small health boost should cover you as you aren’t tanking. Spirit Beasts still have their small heal as well.

Of course if there is a dungeon mechanic that causes general damage over time, then Ferocity can serve better.

2 Likes

I never use my spirit beast anymore,they turned them into garbage

7 Likes

Overall I think pet respec-ing should come back that way any pet can be a ferocity pet or give all pet spec 10% leech and give Ferocity a damage reduction passive ether passive armor or more dodge chance then people can do the math and figure out if extra hp or damage reduction is better for dungeons. But either way pet respec-ing is the way to go regardless.

5 Likes

You should be using Spirit Beast in group pve content for BM.

Ferocity healing is near-worthless as its nothing your healers wouldn’t cover anyway, where the tenacity cd is invaluable.

1 Like

For? The heal is not going to do anything useful.

How? If there is a mechanic that 30% damage is going to make or break your boss fight then you could just turtle it.

1 Like

And if turtle is on CD?

Tenacity gives you another defensive cd, and survivability is a weakness of Hunters so this is huge.

Ferocitys leech saves your healers an insignificant amount of mana. Should only be used if in a group with no lust or a dungeon where you don’t trust your healer. Open world too, of course.

They should make pets completely specable or let us transmog

6 Likes

Yea a million healing from leach pet is worthless that just means you aren’t doing damage if you think it’s bad.

A 20% DR every 3 minutes on top of a garbage heal is a joke you should be using leach pet at all times.

Idk why they got rid of being able to respec pets, personally. It should just be like training your pet for certain tasks, right?

Hell, I’d like to see a more INVOLVED spec system. Let us pick from different utility abilities. Self heals, group heals, Bloodlust, snares, tanky stuff, constant HoT between pet and player, etc. Just stuff.

Don’t forget the health bonus too

Tenacity > Ferocity in raids if you want to survive

1 million healing is not great- M+ is about burst healing, like WTF?!

Only thing ive ever wondered is why bm has exotic beasts as a main benefit of bm hunter. Yet every pet thats usable as exotic pets is actually weaker than the buffs that come from non exotic pets. At this point in pvp for example people run undead raptors (non exotic) reg raptors (non exotic) cleft hooves and trexs non exotic…no one in pve or pvp even runs exotic pets since they arent an upgrade. I wrote this weird lol but yall get my point…thought exotics were supposed to be a buff but they arent…no complaint just kinda weird on blizzs part since mm and survival can run all the needed pets. That bm talent is just wasted. Just observation

1 Like

so what you’re saying is
move exotic pets to the general hunter tree (in DF) and give bm a talent that has increased efficacy for pets, and double for exotics?

1 Like

No we shouldn’t be buffing any of our pets. It is unethical to give any type of steroid to an animal.

im not about the ethicality of it

IM ABOUT THEM GAINS SON

2 Likes

Oh you say that now, but wait until you have a jacked up pet standing over you. Then they tell you it time to reverse roles and you can play the part of “pet” now.

1 Like

-falls over laughing- But for real what is the underlying reason to ask for better spirit pets. It’s the lack of strong Hunter defensives that isn’t just run away and hope you can break cc and a long cool down heal ability and a turtle ability that stops you from attacking.

1. give all pets 25% leech from their attacks and kill command and replace Ferocity’s old passive with a 5% boost to the player’s versatility.
  2. Make so you can attack when aspect of turtle is active and keep exhilaration the same but make natural mending a default passive and make it affect the other Aspect abilities reducing there cooldowns rename to Second Wind or something.