Please bring back plunderstorm

It is one of the best battle royale games out right now. Please bring it back. So many people I know are gutted that it’s gone… bring it back!

17 Likes

Post count checks out.

21 Likes

Folks like the OP really got nothing better to do other than troll some forums huh?

7 Likes

I dont get the hate around the game mode?

I don’t even play retail, but plunderstorm was fun.

7 Likes

You have my vote. I think it, along with the other variant options should be non-connected Dell passtimes that place people into WoW themed, but very much not WoW connected, set of variant activities that you can slowly earn renown and rewards in when you want to.

These are tools for Blizzard to change the rules, where they can’t make huge changes to 20 year old characters, and open the doors to all sorts of things like (remix), learning modes, other WoW variant rulesets and settings.

Eventually people will warm to them - but only if Blizzard figures out what to do with them long term for user benefit, and doesn’t force them on a captive audience.

5 Likes

If it is brought back, i hope they let us keep the account progress. Plus no new rewards. That way peeps won’t feel obligated to grind again. And those that didn’t finish or missed it can get the rewards.

12 Likes

All 12 of them!

9 Likes

At launch? Hated it.

Once the double XP buff came in? “Hey, this is easy, I love it”

3 Likes

I hope they bring back too. Had a blast.

7 Likes

He ain’t trolling. He’s simply wanting the mode to be back.

5 Likes

They trolling.

8 Likes

Exaggerating sure, but that’s not trolling.

Wanting a mode back isn’t trolling.

2 Likes

What if they added in a pvp looter extractor next and you had a personal hub you could improve over time with 2 new maps to start? WoW pvp extraction gameplay with hard pve enemies and others in the world trying to stop you.

Or a hybrid BR map style epic battleground where parts of it are BR oriented you get in, get powers, and try to get out with unique powers that can help your team push in the epic bg?

Or a new plunderstorm type map with more pve activities and maybe even small scale pvp battle arenas that are 10v10 fort v fort where you try to destroy and capture the other fort.

I can go all day bruh

1 Like

The hate, from my point of view, is directed at the FOMO battle pass attached to it, given that it was a limited time event and it required significant grinding unless you no-lifed it.

Personally I found it incredibly difficult to get anywhere in-game. Maybe I don’t get the Battle Royale thing anymore. I played PUBG when it was new and even won a couple games, but this Plunderstorm felt impossible to play well in.

3 Likes

Definitely not trolling lol, I had a blast playing the game mode and genuinely am shocked it’s gone so soon.

2 Likes

Same here. Had a blast with it esp with the controller.

Grind was pretty tiring tho.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure they’ll bring it back as a mobile game at some point.

:cookie:

3 Likes

I didn’t hate it as much as I thought I would and even did it a second time for my wife’s account. I vastly enjoyed the double plunder change, so if and when a mode like this comes back, all I ask is that they make it that fast, not the original speed when it first came out.
I would like a new version though, with new rewards, but that’s just me since I already completed it. I have a feeling we’ll get the rewards from it on the trading post down the road though.

And here we go

1 Like

got to level 4. It was trash. I hope they never do it again.

4 Likes