Please Blizzard, Don’t Add Vulpera

There’s only 11 races. Allied Races aren’t their own. Worgen and Tauren are great because they both come from a real mythological background. Pandaren is debatablle. But to add races that are just “what if this animal were humanoid” is annoyingly unoriginal.

6 Likes

It must be done. Do eet blizz, don’t listen to this guy. More options is good and vulpera are definitely a good additional option.

9 Likes

But… why not? There a fun race that won’t cause any harm to the story. They’ll just be the Horde’s version of Gnomes.

6 Likes

Add 'em, don’t add 'em. Personally I’m over the whole Allied Race bit. I already have every class and I hate leveling from the beginning. Some folks are into that and more power to ya but I’m good.

2 Likes

Psst…

I hear there are these things called Goblins.

3 Likes

I don’t mind Vulpera, but my main issue is with them being a goblin AR that is. They are nothing like goblins aside from size, rig and that they are helping the horde. Vulpera don’t have all those things I love about goblins:

1. The whole money hungry racial aspect.
  2. Being small super intelligent race of tinkers.
  3. Other than size and rig, they look very different and have a very different culture.

As a race np. I welcome them. But as a goblin allied race. That is another story.

2 Likes

According to the past PCGamers interview

Then we consider what’s their natural tendency – are they likely to be more sympathetic to the Horde or the Alliance? – and then if we noticed a preponderance of really big, tough-looking races on one side or really charming, cool, cute-looking races on the other, then we try to do a little bit of a rebalance. Those profiles and those aesthetics are really important. We didn’t want everyone on the Horde to look ugly, right?

Sounds like Horde cute race and Alliance big-ugly race is inevitable.

3 Likes

You already have that! It’s the Goblins! They’re awesome. They’re little monsters that are obsessed with explosions and money. They have pointy teeth and the look gross they’re so cool.

4 Likes

Whoa, whoa. A dude playing a wolf just posted people shouldn’t get to play a fox.

29 Likes

Yeah, but Goblins aren’t as happy and as chipper as the Gnomes. They’re more gruff and distasteful.

1 Like

You mean edgier and more badass? That is what I love about them.

4 Likes

Is it just me or OP look upset Horde get to play Vulpera or something?

2 Likes

But they don’t give off the same presence that the Gnomes give off. The Vulpera and Gnomes both seem like joke races.

And if you think that Goblins are okay, then why not Vulpera to go with them?!

I don’t like what they did to the Troll section of Orgrimmar.

You have missed the 5k post thread where horde players are crying that Alliance can’t have high elves?

Don’t be hatin, cause we look so bombin. Ya only wish ya looked as good as us.

4 Likes

You mean edgier and more badass? That is what I love about them.

Granted, but not all goblins are like that. Some have standards and reasons to maintain good reputation with others.

I’m saying that’s why I love you guys lol.

3 Likes

and simply changing skin-pigment isn’t? taking the same races and giving them new cosmetic options under the guise of a ‘new AR’ is somehow better?

I’m sorry, but i strongly disagree.

Maybe the next ARs will follow the -exact- formula as the others, but when it was first announced, Blizzard said they chose the term ‘Allied Race’ over ‘Sub-Race’ because they didn’t want to paint themselves into a corner that each AR was forced to be ‘same race with slight changes.’

1 Like

I would like them to add Vulpera. I wouldn’t play one but a lot of people want them, and I like the way we get to see them unifying in Vul’dun and establishing a good relationship with the Zandalari and Horde. To me it only makes sense that Vulpera would join the horde.

2 Likes

As someone who also doesn’t want Vulpera and who thinks Pandaren should have remained a neutral race isolated to their continent despite me actually liking them – No. That’s not accurate.

When a race is made playable, it comes with the expectation of some amount of expanded lore and tangible presence in the game. It also means a large amount of players will be present using that new race, populating the world in that way.

If someone is unhappy with said race’s lore or appearance and what it may do to the game’s presentation, they can’t simply ignore it, because it permeates the entire game. It’s one of those things that DOES affect the game even if you’re not playing it.

5 Likes