Please Blizzard, Don’t Add Vulpera

See that’s a huge problem right there. A new playable race, an official addition to the Horde or Alliance should not be an “innocuous little cosmetic enjoyment.” I think that’s where our philosophies differ. They should have a strong lore presence, they should have a connection to their faction, and should all around be more important than just, “I want that because cute.”

1 Like

Tell that to @Fallynn who completely skipped that point in all of her posts.

Way to use an out of context fragment to ignore the whys of why they think LFU are a bad idea (for example, practically erasing any good meaning left in forsaken lore, or the fact that a rez spell, of which there are several in lore, would have been a simpler solution for Calia).
2/10

Or, y’know, don’t.

Because you’re the one who’s goin’ out of his way to twist her words because you’re upset she doesn’t like the same ARs as you.

4 Likes

Blah, blah, blah. This is what is wrong with the WoW community. You have zero reason to argue against it, but you don’t want to see it, so you concoct these stupid excuses for why someone else shouldn’t have it.

When this finally gets added to the game, it’s not going to affect you on any personal level but, hopy crap, you’re going to fight it tooth and nail, try to make people feel stupid for wanting something simple because you simply have nothing better to do with your time.

8 Likes

Yeah some people take this game way too seriously. :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

Local WoW Player Objectively Wrong - How Deep Will He Dig Himself Into This Fiasco of a Thread?

News at 11.

4 Likes

If nothing else it’s silly to reach for out-of-nowhere conjured up stuff like Vulpera when choosing which allied races to add when there’s plenty of other options that have both been requested by players and been part of Warcraft lore for far longer.

Mechagnomes are a little wonky but at least they have some precedence. Tiny fox-people came way out of left field.

They’ll have to see this new race scurrying around for the remainder of the game’s existence, constantly reminding them that some other more fitting race could’ve been implemented instead. This isn’t a single player game – other player characters account for a significant portion of gameplay, and you can’t just ignore the existence of player characters you have a strong distaste for, especially if they’re on your own faction (can’t even kill them).

1 Like

Oh no, someone has to see a race that doesn’t make sense to them.

Yeah, because mag’har orcs had ANY relevance beyond WoD. It’s not like Blizzard completely ignored the majority of WoD’s characters for the entirety of Legion and just brought mag’har orcs into BfA because someone decided the Horde somehow needed MORE ORCS or anything. Not like a stupid convoluted time travel plot is ANY worse than finding a bunch of fox people in the desert and finding that they share some common traits with the original vision of the Horde, right?

4 Likes

The Mag’har story really makes no sense at all, but it could have if they were refugees from Outland and not time travelers. That said at least orcs in themselves aren’t a wonky race.

What exactly is “wonky”?

Why do I get the distinct impression that you’re the OP’s alt?

3 Likes

I concur. We already have enough “cute” in the game.

2 Likes

The whole concept of Vulpera is just a good deal more… eccentric (maybe that’s the right word) compared to the other races in WoW and don’t have any grounding in pre-existing lore. Realistically they’re on the same level as the numerous other 1-shot races we’ve seen (Jinyu, Saurok, those WoD cat dudes, etc).

And no lol, I’m an entirely different poster. Compare achievements.

1 Like

Vulpera are “eccentric” compared to:

-Goat-looking people from space who worship space wind chimes and come in three different flavors: Casual, Zealot, and Whoagod Evil
-Five-thousand different flavors of tusked guys who ruled the known world for thousands of years, can regenerate their flesh, and worship primal nature spirits in reference to real life voodoo religion
-About the same number of elf archetypes who have all had a hand in destroying and saving the world, some of whom were chosen by dragons to protect giant, magical trees and sleep for the better part of their lives
-Titan constructs who were so good at not being corrupted by the essence of entropy, unmaking, and madness that said forces of unspeakable horror TURNED THEM TO FLESH to make them more corruptible
-Literal undead monsters
-Werewolves, but not normal werewolves. Werewolves afflicted with an ancient druidic curse.
-However many orcs there are, and their uncanny ability to not become extinct despite the number of conflicts they create
-Goblins who talk like northeastern Americans and blow stuff up more and more each day because they started running out of an ore that literally made them geniuses
-Walking, talking pandas who booze it up as much as dwarves and fight twice as hard

You’re saying that SOMEHOW, some WAY, nomadic fox people are MORE ECCENTRIC than this.

You’re not here because you have an argument against vulpera in a lore sense, and neither is the OP. You’re here because you dislike the idea on a personal level and are unwilling to simply let it be that.

9 Likes

And all of those examples have roots in pre-WoW Warcraft. Vulpera were pulled out of nowhere.

Vulpera’s eccentricity is higher by virtue of being more beast than human. To date, playable races have skewed more human than beast.

I don’t want them added either. Small races are lame.

2 Likes

They walk on two legs, speak clearly, have thumbs, and are capable of building wheeled vehicles.

At the very least, they are as “human” as a goblin form-wise, and they probably have trolls beat in what kind of vehicles they can build.

As far as them being “pulled from nothing”, so what? WoW can’t stay static forever. It’s an ever-changing world, and the writers are well within their rights to explore things outside what’s already established. We don’t even know what’s on the other side of Azeroth–there’s nothing saying we knew exactly what existed in Zandalar, a place known for its incredibly hostile natives until recent developments, where no members of the Alliance or Horde could hope to step foot.

It’s a shallow view of the world’s potential–and, again, based solely around your desire to simply not see them in the game.

6 Likes

I mean I generally agree that lore and the warcraft universe should have some plasticity, but things with as much gravity as entirely new playable races, I think, should be created in RTS campaigns (Warcraft IV) or even in a single-player Warcraft RPG instead of WoW for one simple reason: those types of games give writers far, FAR more freedom to work within and make it much easier to properly develop new concepts without any ill impact on a multiplayer game. Just look at the huge difference in writing quality between WCIII + TFT and most WoW expansions…

1 Like

Again, you’re going back to the “ill impact” they would have. Literally the only thing it would upset would be people like you.

And considering things are pointing more and more toward them being playable, Blizzard has recognized that. At the end of the day, the vulpera are way more than just “cute fox people”–in a short time, Blizzard managed to not only make them the most endearing part of the Horde story in BfA, they made them the ONLY endearing thing about it.

That aside, the short, cute races bring in subscriptions–particularly in the Asian market. Considering Blizzard’s recent financial choices, “more subs” is most definitely high up on their list of priorities.

You and I can agree and disagree until the sun burns out, but the fact is that vulpera becoming playable is becoming more and more certain, and you flailing at your keyboard isn’t slowing it down.

3 Likes