Please Blizz Remove the 50 Character Cap

As a proud alt-aholic, I again want to throw in my support for more character slots per account.

Making characters and leveling them in something I love to do in MMO’s, and I’m getting close to the cap on my account. Given that we’ll likely see new races and possibly new classes in the future, I really don’t want to delete any of my characters to make space. They all have some meaning and importance to me.

Speaking only for myself, I would be happy to pay money to buy more character slots for my account. I don’t want to manage multiple accounts and their subs/tokens involved, and would prefer to keep everything on just one account.

I’m hoping to see the max character slots elevated in some fashion in the future. It would make my day to be able to have more slots for future characters and any new races/classes that come our way! :meat_on_bone::crocodile:

1 Like

I don’t disagree with you about your solution. I think it’s better

I’d like to actually use a proper troll name for once

I would love first and last names for our guys.

2 Likes

Stompypotato Potato

2 Likes

That’s… a lot of potatoes.

1 Like

You are so cute and lovable! We can share gnomes, I have so many who love cookies!!

1 Like

First never come here expecting anything but yes men, trolls, and company man. I see the big 6 are here and already started their spill. These guys should have lost all privileges a long time ago. The only logical one is that they are company men.

See the problem is that there is no reason for the cap with how many servers there are in this game. sure some might not be able to play more than 15. That is my max and I still, get good results. Others might be able to play all 50 and then some. The key issue is no one should tell a player how to enjoy the game. The prime reason: IT has zero effect on their game style, period. Yet here we are with people with the nerve to tell others what they can and can not do with someone else paid account. Just wish they actually crackdown on their own rules for once. Forums would be better off!

Eh, I think 50 is enough. I dont get why anyone would want more than that. I mean, how many alts do you actually need to play the game?

Now, the idea of more options for naming would be good. ESO lets you have multiple word names, hyphenated names, etc. I have toons with names like Scarlet-Gem and Hearn the Hunter. It really adds to the RP side of things.

Or, hear me out.

Only allow people to “reserve” a limited number of names on characters below level, say, 30.

And have a warning when they make another that “This name will be eligible to be taken by another player after 7 days of inactivity until you log it in again, or until you delete another character under level 30, or this character reaches level 30.”

They can easily just put a very short time limit on names, so people either have to manually log in every character under a certain level every 7 days, or risk the name being freed up.

All of this.

1 Like

Ugh, right?? It’s so frustrating to see Trolls and Nelfs and others not be able to use those naming traditions.

1 Like

If you have 50 chars, you need to go ourside and touch grass and get a life. And drop wow for a month and go out with friends, BADLY.

The 50 char prevents you from becoming extremely unhealthy and throwing away your life’s time into pointless virtual chars too. You need help ASAP if your this addicted to wow. Help outside of WoW.

1 Like

I thought I’d never get close to the character limit until I actually counted how many characters I had (on my account that I’ve had since Vanilla) and it was pretty close.

There are a few characters that I don’t think I’ll ever play again (at least not regularly) but I still don’t want to delete, like mains from a few expansions ago, etc. Could be because the character has rare or no-longer-obtainable things, could be because it just feels wrong.

unless several more Hero classes get released, it’d be pointless to bump the cap up, as of right now i have 50 characters that cover all races and every single spec, some more than once, it’s not necessary.

Necessary isn’t the point.

It should be a choice. An option.

The current available option for it is clunky and archaic in design.

Blizzard should update to something more up to date. As well as add in those last names and more characters that we can use with our names… (’ and such.)

2 Likes

i still dont think it’s a good idea, and considering that they are probably working on 10.0 as we speak, i’d rather they not get distracted with bad or time wasting ideas, hardly anyone hits the cap as is, why would they boost it for a subset of people who evidently have too much free time on their hands?

1 Like

That is fair.

So just pay for another account and !poof! your character cap will be raised to 100!

This type of hostile offensiveness is highly unnecessary and extremely toxic. Stop acting like such a jerk.

How about stop telling people how to live their lives and play the game, considering you don’t actually have a damn clue what they do with their characters or their time.

You’re acting extremely disgusting.

3 Likes

:dollar:

Sure, but it’s clunky and kinda old fashioned.

Let folk pay for let’s say 10 character slots with a one time purchase and just add it to the account you want.

1 Like

So somebody who went on vacation could lose the names of characters they were currently playing.

That sounds very counterproductive. Unless, of course, you’re one of those who wants to take somebody else’s popular media name because you have no creativity.

I have a better idea. How about if devs are expecting players with next to nothing to do to level alts in their gametime, they make it fun to play alts when they reach max level?

There has never been a time when game mechanics were designed to keep people from playing because it is “unhealthy” to play “too much”. Get real. If you don’t think it’s healthy to play videogames, don’t play videogames, don’t make up nonsense like that. Hint: every videogame is engineered to appeal to customers so they will continue to play it and earn profits for the company.

2 Likes