Please Blizz Remove the 50 Character Cap

Please Blizz Remove the 50 Character Cap.

I have been asking for this for years but please blizz remove the silly 50 char per account cap.

There is zero reason to have this cap now and please dont bore me with oh they did that cause of server space cause we all know that is crap.

Blizz iam willing to pay money to increase my character cap on my account so please do so.

30 Likes

What should the cap be at in your opinion?

There is one reason. It limits the name hoarders.

So if Blizzard increases the character cap, they need to allow spaces, hyphens and apostrophes in our names too.

27 Likes

The cap has been 50 since day one, I would think it would at the very least be 55-60 by now. Honestly I wouldnā€™t mind seeing 75 with how many expansions and new races and race/class combos we have gotten.

11 Likes

Why would anyone need 50 characters in the first place? Do you actively play over 50 characters?

17 Likes

My suggestion is always 400 :+1:
Why?
You can have 8 Wow licenses on your battle.net account, 8 * 50 character cap = 400. So instead of having a per license cap youā€™d have a max possible character pool that you can draw from.

6 Likes

I have 3 words for you, Big Love Rocket :smiley:

4 Likes

ā€œDonā€™t tell me the legitimate reason because I like to live in a fantasy land where computers have infinite memory spaceā€. Name hoarders and whatnot are a good reason too. I can guarantee you are not playing 50 characters regularly, why would you need more?

4 Likes

:laughing:

1 Like

This is why I think they should reduce it to 4 per server and 20 total. :slight_smile:

I can get behind this.

Every time you buy a new license, your cap goes up by 50 until you hit the max of 400.

I really wish this was an option. Preferably just a one off payment to increase it, but hell, Iā€™d probably even go for a slight bump in my sub cost. I know that they effectively have that now by way of creating a second wow account under your bnet header account. But for one thatā€™s expensive. But mostly it just seems like a real hassle to have to swap between like that.

Thereā€™s a problem with this theory Tovi, you donā€™t need to have an active subscription in order to create new characters. So all of you can just make new Wow starter accounts (that you donā€™t have to pay for) and then make characters and hoard names.

1 Like

But those names arenā€™t safe so no thereā€™s not one problem.

Sure, hoard names on a throw away account but if it hasnā€™t been subbed in the last few years, those names get freed up.

1 Like

All the character names in a Battle.net account automatically become available after the Battle.net account remained inactive for two expansions.

Thatā€™s quite a bit of time :laughing: And then once that time is up they can just remake the characters and start hoarding again. A four year window doesnā€™t seem like much of a threat in my book :man_shrugging:

You know what I am curious about though? It says ā€œthe Battle.net account remained inactive for two expansions.ā€, you would think that means ā€œyou havenā€™t played Wow in 2 xpacsā€ but it doesnā€™t say that it says the BNet account was inactive, so does that mean if you just play CoD the names are never released?

Iā€™m sure it means a sub and yes you can just keep rehoarding if you remember to do it. I think you would have to know when your four years starts/stops.

Anyways, I didnā€™t say it would stop it, I said it limits the name hoarding. Regardless they need to give us more options when it comes to names. Even typing gibberish on a locked realm gets ā€œthat name is taken.ā€

Dem bots! :rofl:

Yes please and Thanks.

2 Likes

If they would implement a last naming convention it would fix the problemā€¦the game has needed this for almost the entirety of itā€™s existence so iā€™m not holding my breath.

1 Like

So the only reason people are against this is because of naming issues.
Iam not asking for infinity character creation just a increase in the silly 50 cap. Like i said iam willing to pay for it.

As for the usual ā€˜well why do you need more than 50 charā€™ garbage i ask this why do you need 700 plus mounts? I want this cause i enjoy the aesthetics of creating a character and making it look cool. Isnt that the point of this game?

3 Likes