Please ban the addon that shows parses in tooltips

man I dunno about you guys but I heard WCL must cease and desist from their subscription model. Microsoft is in their rights to demand compensation for use of their platform and data as prescribed by the TOS we all agree to when we log on.

Not only that, but I see blizzard’s management as negligent and complicit in their actions. As fiduciaries they are responsible for the the interest of the owners at Microsoft. They are clearly failing in their duties.

As shareholders we must demand that the leadership at Blizzard be held accountable to this agreement.

WCLs is just the begging. RestedXP, WA authors…. YOU ARE NEXT!

1 Like

Ok… so I hate this addon, and I am not going to play SoD if it remains, but I think this argument is off base just in terms of the legality.

I’m sure Microsoft has the authority to stop WCL from implementing this addon, but this is just not the argument to get you there.

Technically, every time anyone streams a game for-profit they are breaking Blizzard’s ToS… or if they swear a lot it’s breaking ToS (content is supposed to be appropriate for a “T” rated audience). Blizz/Microsoft has the right to enforce the rules… or not choose not to enforce them. There’s no fiduciary responsibility aspect to any of this unless the addon actually costs them money directly for allowing (like cancelled subs).

Are you an adult? The stuff that comes out of your mouth makes me wonder what’s actually wrong with you.

It’s like you all have no friends or lives outside of WoW. You’ve substituted being forum trolls for lives that matter.

3 Likes

Dang this guy just took a moment out of his busy day saving lives and the planet just to tell people on the forums they are kids with no friends! In fact 3 people just died because he responded to that gnome.

umm I have 3 screens Its very easy for me to see what someones ranks as. Prat copy paste name… its like 2sec out of my life. Addon sure the hell aint worth 25 a month

Hell i wouldnt drop 5 a month on it. Just doesnt help or change anything enough

Little Timmy’s surgery didn’t go well today.

get off your phone while operating bro

This doesn’t happen. Bad players aren’t entitled to be carried by good players.

I’m not a 99 parser usually blue. I’m a very average player and have no problem getting into groups. It’s not a problem.

1 Like

My brother in Christ, I understand your desire for WCL to cease and desist, but stop acting like you’re a Microsoft shareholder. You’re not. Paying $15 a month for a WoW subscription does not make you a shareholder, which further invalidates nearly all of your post.

You’re a nobody, just like everyone else is regardless of whether they are for or against WCL. Its fine to let your aggrevations about WCL be known. It is not fine to pretend like you’re a shareholder and therefore your opinion holds more weight than anyone else’s. Just, shut up.

1 Like

Objectively false. Id wager its the same people who wouldve paid double that for Glider and Honorbuddy a decade ago.

Im sorry, but you seem like a guy who wants to sit and auto attack a mob thinking hes helping. Thank god for wcl. I want to kill stuff. Not give free rides to basement dwellers

1 Like

Ill just continue to use the one that is free… or… you know, just search on the website? lol.

people who pay $20 a month to look at logs in a tool tip are hilarious. I am surprised that WCL even added it, but knowing how they work/act, it checks out.

if you thought they cared about enforcing that tos about paid addons. zygor would have been banned a long time ago

You still don’t understand valuations.

It’s also funny checking the logs of the people in this thread for and against the addon.

You’re also not paying for the addon, you’re paying for the Archon subscription which happens to have this addon in alpha stages (likely due to the traffic cost of the addon).

I would highly expect the addon after testing to be free. Else I’ll continue to just have the companion up pulled up.

:nauseated_face: /10char

It will be free on launch they already said this and it has been repeated on here.

People who keep saying they aren’t paying for it can’t seem to understand its going to be free.

It was extremely expensive to make buggy whips and whale oil for lamps, too. No one is guaranteed a profit, or even to break even.

I think the workaround with the leveling guides /WA packs and what not is that the addon themselves are free, just the guide/configs aren’t.

Of course Blizzard could still nuke them if they wanted to.

Something will be free at some point.

They have refused to say when or what exactly that will be.

1 Like

It’s gonna be free.

Trust me bro.

All it has to do is show your parse score.

It doesn’t need the fancy stuff like all star points and ranking rofl